Spanish Springs closing

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Default Spanish Springs closing

I understand that the square at Spanish Springs will be closed for much of June. Does anyone no what kind of upgrades will be made on the square?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I hear that a roller coaster is going to be the focal point
Old 05-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac321 View Post
I understand that the square at Spanish Springs will be closed for much of June. Does anyone no what kind of upgrades will be made on the square?
Spanish Springs Town Square
The Spanish Springs Town Square will be closed for maintenance beginning May 30, 2012, for approximately three to four weeks. During this time there will be no entertainment on the Square; however, all of the restaurants, shops and other entertainment opportunities will be available during that time. We appreciate your patience and understanding that this maintenance results in well maintained facilities that will provide enjoyment for years to come.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Sage

I was talking with some of the guys at the watering hole about what is happening with Spanish Springs. It was rather disturbing and I would like to know if there is truth in what they were saying.

It was said that all the trees in the square (where the seating is) will be removed.

It was also said that all the water features such as the spouts and pools of the square will be removed.

I find both of these hard to believe but the guy was very insistent they are true. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Repaving
Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I was talking with some of the guys at the watering hole about what is happening with Spanish Springs. It was rather disturbing and I would like to know if there is truth in what they were saying.

It was said that all the trees in the square (where the seating is) will be removed.

It was also said that all the water features such as the spouts and pools of the square will be removed.

I find both of these hard to believe but the guy was very insistent they are true. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge?
Check back with him to see what/who his source is.

Bill
Old 05-23-2012, 09:01 AM

I heard that they were setting up a Monarail station to connect Sumter Landings and Brownswood.....................
Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 AM

Just a FYI..the monthly Cruise-In, June 16th, will be set up in the parking lot behind the Rialto Theater. There will also be a stage for entertainment and drink Kiosks. The Shaka Dance Crew will be performing our Rock n Roll show so come check it out!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 AM

I was told they are repaving all the streets around the square
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post

Did this come up after the second or third round??
Old 05-24-2012, 04:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyGirl View Post
Just a FYI..the monthly Cruise-In, June 16th, will be set up in the parking lot behind the Rialto Theater. There will also be a stage for entertainment and drink Kiosks. The Shaka Dance Crew will be performing our Rock n Roll show so come check it out!
DandyGirl, I will be in TV during the monthly Cruise-In on June 16. What time will the Shaka Dance Crew be performing so I can put that on my "To Do" list?
And what time does the Cruise-In start and end on June 16? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

It has to be much more then repaving the streets around the square. That would take no more then a couple days, maybe 3 with lane painting. But to close for 3 or 4 weeks there has to be a lot more work planned.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 AM

I'm convinced they are doing it only because we are finally making our first visit for the month of June.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
I'm convinced they are doing it only because we are finally making our first visit for the month of June.
and I sent a note you were coming but they forgot to put in the the book not to close....Just come to LSL its just as fun but without the water
Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
It has to be much more then repaving the streets around the square. That would take no more then a couple days, maybe 3 with lane painting. But to close for 3 or 4 weeks there has to be a lot more work planned.
I'm sure your correct in your thinking.Spanish Springs needs a real estate facelift,it needs to be aesthetically updated.Hopefully during this closure they will make improvements to have a more vibrant and invigorating looking area.Currently it just looks antiquated, indistinct, and listless, and gives residence outside of the Spanish Springs area little motivation to visit.Now with a third square in development,it is even more essential to update Spanish Springs and give it the required facelift it needs to compete.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.