Spanish Springs happy hour

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2019, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Sound like a great opportunity to begin enjoying the Town Squares, and LIFE....sans alcohol. JMHO

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 05-26-2019, 07:39 AM

Byob
Old 05-26-2019, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Harold. A different time and place...….no comparison makes any sense.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Harold. A different time and place...….no comparison makes any sense.
harold schwartz the villages - Bing images
Old 05-26-2019, 08:07 AM
Gold member

I've never liked the "greedy developer" argument, but lately I've found myself sometimes coming to that conclusion. The recent increase in championship golf rates got my attention, but even though I don't like it, I can live with it. This one seems like nickel and diming, which will only anger people, with not a lot of return. I seldom use the squares, so the drink prices don't bother me personally, but I can understand how others don't like it. Apparently someone in the developer's circle is putting on pressure for more profits. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during their financial meetings.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Legalize recreational marijuana you won't need bar huts
The new Happy Hour or two
Old 05-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,308 Times in 823 Posts

Personally the price of the drinks is not my number one objective. I truly wish it was just about the drinks. I'm more concerned with there being any truth in the old adage about family businesses:

“The first generation starts a business. The second generation runs it. The third generation ruins it.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Personally the price of the drinks is not my number one objective. I truly wish it was just about the drinks. I'm more concerned with there being any truth in the old adage about family businesses:

“The first generation starts a business. The second generation runs it. The third generation ruins it.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I've never liked the "greedy developer" argument, but lately I've found myself sometimes coming to that conclusion. The recent increase in championship golf rates got my attention, but even though I don't like it, I can live with it. This one seems like nickel and diming, which will only anger people, with not a lot of return. I seldom use the squares, so the drink prices don't bother me personally, but I can understand how others don't like it. Apparently someone in the developer's circle is putting on pressure for more profits. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during their financial meetings.
Your join date 2008. Don't you remember championship rates going up every year?
Old 05-26-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Yep...

I hardly drink either, but can see how those who have become used to the longer HH...might be upset.

My personal observation/opinion that Da Family is growing, has ever more hands out, therefore needs more ways of squeezing the rock...is not being swayed otherwise by recent changes.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Wow. Cutting back one hour and the natives are getting restless???

You can throw a rock in any direction and probably find a cheap drink.

Neighborhood where the residents are out IN their neighborhood on a regular basis + blender + ice + fruit + rum = cheaper social hour than you'll find at any licensed establishment in TV. Do recommend.

Also I'm not concerned about the duration of the happy hour at all. Why not, you might (or not) ask? Because it's called happy HOUR, not happy HOURS. A singular hour is implied. They've been giving you a bonus all this time, and now they're reverting to its original meaning. If cheap booze is that important to you, I recommend following the advice in my first paragraph of this post regarding a blender.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,046 Times in 2,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Neighborhood where the residents are out IN their neighborhood on a regular basis + blender + ice + fruit + rum = cheaper social hour than you'll find at any licensed establishment in TV. Do recommend.

Also I'm not concerned about the duration of the happy hour at all. Why not, you might (or not) ask? Because it's called happy HOUR, not happy HOURS. A singular hour is implied. They've been giving you a bonus all this time, and now they're reverting to its original meaning. If cheap booze is that important to you, I recommend following the advice in my first paragraph of this post regarding a blender.
It's not about cheap booze, it's about bait and switch. People who committed their retirement savings to buy into the Villages bought into a lifestyle that is being changed in many subtle ways. Good dinning at the country clubs is not what it used to be. The quality of the golf courses has noticeably dropped off. The Farmers Market and 5-7 happy hour in Spanish Springs are a thing of the past. I am sure people who have been in the Villages longer than us can significantly add to the list of changes.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It's not about cheap booze, it's about bait and switch. People who committed their retirement savings to buy into the Villages bought into a lifestyle that is being changed in many subtle ways. Good dinning at the country clubs is not what it used to be. The quality of the golf courses has noticeably dropped off. The Farmers Market and 5-7 happy hour in Spanish Springs are a thing of the past. I am sure people who have been in the Villages longer than us can significantly add to the list of changes.
Wow, what a radical concept. Things change over time.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I don't drink. It isn't that I never drank, I just never did it well.

There is some good data somewhere on people who still have a good time and not drink.

Cuts back on automobile accidents, dancing on tables, unexpected marriages and surprise pregnancies.

I am happy. Little kids, old men and drunks still love me.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Go back to your home town......and tell me it hasn't changed.

Tags
hour, happy, springs, spanish, farmers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.