Spec houses now for sale Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Spec houses now for sale Marsh Bend

Noticed three spec homes are now for sale in Marsh Bend. Now where the heck is Marsh Bend All three are around 1,550 sqft and selling for around $255,000.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Marsh Bend is north of 468-Warm Springs Avenue, Fenney Way goes straight into it after crossing Warm Springs. That is where the new regional recreation center is under construction.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Default Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Noticed three spec homes are now for sale in Marsh Bend. Now where the heck is Marsh Bend All three are around 1,550 sqft and selling for around $255,000.
Curious what the bond is? OP DO you know?

Last edited by HandyGrandpap; 01-10-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyGrandpap View Post
Curious whatcha bond is? OP DO you know?
Residential Bond Assessment Information

Old 01-10-2019, 01:57 PM

Don't know about the bond, but the lots directly across the street that back up to the walking path along Hogeye Sink are $179000 - $189000. We looked at the lots and loved the birds/nature, but a little pricey for this conservative girl!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

go for it girl….you only pass by this way once.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
Don't know about the bond, but the lots directly across the street that back up to the walking path along Hogeye Sink are $179000 - $189000. We looked at the lots and loved the birds/nature, but a little pricey for this conservative girl!
It's not unusual for "View" lots to be 100K to 150K more expensive than the same lot across the street. On our street the lots that backup to the golf course are about $130K more than the lots across the street from them.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
There is a brick street, I think called Marsh View where there are some great lots, the good ones are already sold and they were $259,000 possibly higher as I don't know if I saw the prices before any were sold. There were still a few at $200/229,000 the last time I looked. It's going to be a beautiful street when built out but a little too close to the Turnpike for that much money. That area is also going to be very busy with the pitch & putt to the west and the Rec. center, softball fields, etc. to the east along with the shopping plaza out front, I can see lots of traffic in there but that entire area is going to be beautiful and full of nature.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
go for it girl….you only pass by this way once.

Investing in a view lot, if you can afford it, is an investment in yourself.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
There is a brick street, I think called Marsh View where there are some great lots, the good ones are already sold and they were $259,000 possibly higher as I don't know if I saw the prices before any were sold. There were still a few at $200/229,000 the last time I looked. It's going to be a beautiful street when built out but a little too close to the Turnpike for that much money. That area is also going to be very busy with the pitch & putt to the west and the Rec. center, softball fields, etc. to the east along with the shopping plaza out front, I can see lots of traffic in there but that entire area is going to be beautiful and full of nature.
Right, they built a small "boutique" area over there and used brick pavers for the street instead of asphalt. I believe that is (will be) the only area down here, so far, that will have Premier homes. Things are moving along. When I first moved in in May, you couldn't drive past Desoto and they were not yet even selling lots in McClure.

Don't know if you've been down there yet or not, Vintage, but one issue I foresee is where they have the new golf cart path, that goes to the new tunnels, comes back into McClure and dumps all of the traffic onto Corbin at the gate at CR501 right where the guest and resident car lanes enter and merge into a single lane. That single lane will have to be shared by cars entering and carts all the way to the stop sign at Fenney Way with no golf cart lane on the side. Unless something different is in the plan that is not visible to us yet, this will be a mess and really makes no sense because there is a golf cart lane on the opposite side that goes down towards the gate and the new trail.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post

Investing in a view lot, if you can afford it, is an investment in yourself.

Agree...I hope we choose a lot that will be happiness through the rest of our active lives!
Old 01-11-2019, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Right, they built a small "boutique" area over there and used brick pavers for the street instead of asphalt. I believe that is (will be) the only area down here, so far, that will have Premier homes. Things are moving along. When I first moved in in May, you couldn't drive past Desoto and they were not yet even selling lots in McClure.

Don't know if you've been down there yet or not, Vintage, but one issue I foresee is where they have the new golf cart path, that goes to the new tunnels, comes back into McClure and dumps all of the traffic onto Corbin at the gate at CR501 right where the guest and resident car lanes enter and merge into a single lane. That single lane will have to be shared by cars entering and carts all the way to the stop sign at Fenney Way with no golf cart lane on the side. Unless something different is in the plan that is not visible to us yet, this will be a mess and really makes no sense because there is a golf cart lane on the opposite side that goes down towards the gate and the new trail.
there is some danger up there and I doubt they will be changing it, also on Fenney way there is one section where you have to drive out onto the street with your golf car. Still think it's safer than north of 466 on Morse, that is crazy up there. We bought in early May of 2017 and there were less than 30 homes sold at that point, it was hard to envision what it wold be like and am totally amazed at how fast everything went up and now to be selling homes in the Marsh area is unbelievable. I also heard that several of those dilapidated house on Warm Springs have now been sold, anxious to see what goes in there.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
there is some danger up there and I doubt they will be changing it, also on Fenney way there is one section where you have to drive out onto the street with your golf car. Still think it's safer than north of 466 on Morse, that is crazy up there. We bought in early May of 2017 and there were less than 30 homes sold at that point, it was hard to envision what it wold be like and am totally amazed at how fast everything went up and now to be selling homes in the Marsh area is unbelievable. I also heard that several of those dilapidated house on Warm Springs have now been sold, anxious to see what goes in there.
We'll have cart traffic traveling to and from a regional rec center, shopping, golf, and brownwood and beyond, all having to use that trail with that choke point right behind a gate and no designated golf cart lane from that point to the T intersection. I imagine those properties along 468 will become retail space. If someone could figure out how to get a golf cart accessible gas station in there, that would be a winner. But since the property doesn't belong to TV, I expect whatever goes there won't be reachable by cart, which will be a shame. And then there's the house just past Fenney on 468 that will soon have 2 lanes of 468 off his front doorstep.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post

Interested in purchasing on Jansey Court aka Brick/Paver Road, Marsh View and it’s not a premier neighborhood. Deck out a Designer Home on a large lot.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubagirl33 View Post
Interested in purchasing on Jansey Court aka Brick/Paver Road, Marsh View and it’s not a premier neighborhood. Deck out a Designer Home on a large lot.
Okay, I had heard there would be a small Premier neighborhood over there and assumed that was it. I guess not.
Closed Thread

Tags
marsh, spec, sale, bend, sqft

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.