Spectrum raises rates again

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2022, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
People here give in so easily to rate increases, it's no wonder they keep doing it.
That is true if companies can easily increase revenues with price increases on a regular basis they will do it.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:58 AM
Exclamation

Whether one can afford The Villages lifestyle is not the fundamental problem.

Some are able to easily, while others may find it challenging, if not downright distressing, and that is the case in any neighborhood.

Some live here to be near loved ones.
Some may have had hard times befall them and may be unable to extract themselves
from their current dilemma.
Some may no longer be able to drive a car... and the list goes on and on.

The point of concern seems to be the meteoric rise in the general cost of living.

Relatives, friends and neighbors of ours who are on a fixed incomes are finding it increasingly difficult to find areas in their budgets to trim any further.

What we need to do is to elect leaders who will enact fiscally responsible measures in all levels of government.

Whining and finger-pointing accomplishes nothing.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:06 AM

Why is it, every time seniors get a break on something, there’s always someplace else that takes it from us. Hard to get ahead… doesn’t matter who you are.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveczo View Post
Yeah, what $30?
Google “Affordable Connectivity Program”. It is a government subsidy, if you qualify.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Whether one can afford The Villages lifestyle is not the fundamental problem.

Some are able to easily, while others may find it challenging, if not downright distressing, and that is the case in any neighborhood.

Some live here to be near loved ones.
Some may have had hard times befall them and may be unable to extract themselves
from their current dilemma.
Some may no longer be able to drive a car... and the list goes on and on.

The point of concern seems to be the meteoric rise in the general cost of living.

Relatives, friends and neighbors of ours who are on a fixed incomes are finding it increasingly difficult to find areas in their budgets to trim any further.

What we need to do is to elect leaders who will enact fiscally responsible measures in all levels of government.

Whining and finger-pointing accomplishes nothing.

Very true we need to do better job of electing responsible leaders.
Old 05-16-2022, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
POOR is relative. Nobody in the USA is poor. You want poor? Check out Somalia or Rwanda. People here who own televisions, computer, IPad and a cellphone still consider themselves "poor". Go overseas and see poor. Some people here don't know how good they have it.

Take drive over Ocala national forest, don’t have to go overseas to see poor. Stop by some fly over state’s also.
Old 05-16-2022, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Very true we need to do better job of electing responsible leaders.

Just need 2000 mules………
Old 05-16-2022, 04:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Just need 2000 mules………
You sir are speaking my language!
Old 05-16-2022, 04:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I can do this from my penny collection but wrapping will take some time and should be reimbursed for this. Please send me $ 10 per month and will be happy to do this for you.
An exception will be made for you and you only. Don’t let the word get out! You gotta spend money to make money. Heard that a thousand times from my wife
Old 05-16-2022, 04:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
An exception will be made for you and you only. Don’t let the word get out! You gotta spend money to make money. Heard that a thousand times from my wife
You can make up what you pay me in volume.

A wise but very poor fellow told me that.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
If you don't mind paying more for the same service/equipment you have now and getting nothing for it then add me to your list. You can send me $1.27 each month and I will give you nothing new in return . I might even say "thank you" which you aren't likely to get from your internet provider.
I don't mind $1.27/month extra. What I DO mind is the $300/month extra I have to pay on our health insurance this year, because hubby's social security kicked in.

Costs go up. We've been paying $50/month for internet service since we moved in 2.5 years ago. That extra $1.27/month is taxes by the way. Xfinity isn't making bank on that.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,961 Times in 752 Posts

Spectrum / Comcast raises rates continually without inflation excuses. Cell phone companies are now jumping on the bandwagon with increases.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:22 AM
Sage

I haven't seen that. Mint Mobile, an MVNO that uses the T-Mobile network, is still $15 month for unlimited talk and text, and 4 GBs of data. The cost has been the same for a few years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Spectrum / Comcast raises rates continually without inflation excuses. Cell phone companies are now jumping on the bandwagon with increases.

Last edited by biker1; 05-17-2022 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
No one in the Villages is “poor”. Its disgusting when people complain about reasonable increases and use the excuse..” why do they do this to seniors”

Yep the seniors that eat out often, play golf, drive nice cars..

Boo hoo...cant afford it here...try another place
Until the beginning of last year, the modest small vinyl sided cottages were reasonably priced - cheaper than a mobile home - as they have space rents that can be over $600 a month (just to rent the space, not including any house payment). We purchased at the beginning of 2021 and our mortgage is less than many local apartment monthly rentals.

NOT ALL Villagers have the large McMansions, custom homes, bird cage, painted driveway, painted garage floor, painted patio, custom electric platform lift for attic access, upgraded front door, electric automated garage screen, custom flooring (not vinyl roll), quartz/stone kitchen countertops (versus laminate), expanded garage, two golf carts, custom landscaping, and a pool - sorry if I left an item out. . When driving around the villages, the homes on the main streets are the high cost ones, so the less expensive smaller vinyl sided homes (but still nice homes) are not as visible. They are sorta tucked away in the corner sections..

Also, now homes outside of the Villages are also exorbitantly priced - about the same price as the Villages, but, of course, with a much larger lot.

Not all Villagers eat out 2-3x a day..

Many Villagers actually WORK in the Villages and around the surrounding area (Publix, etc.), full or part time. Lol

Multiple price hikes (for about everything) can add up.

MOST Villagers may not care about $20 payment hikes, but keep in mind that MANY do.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Business is Business. Charity is for non-profits. Spectrum (Charter) is a business.
Many, truth be told includes me, are confused. Some post about the evil of corporations.

A corporation is not a human, though some allow words to imply that it is a human. It is a business plan, a legal document. A non-profit is another business plan. The claimed goal is not to make a profit. Look at the salaries paid to some in management in management and staff positions.

As far as Spectrum, there are competitors. Actually that is a good thing. If, one of the competitors has a better deal, one that better suits what you need or truth desire, a switch is in order.
Closed Thread

Tags
spectrum, rates, $10, hate, seniors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.