Spectrum raises rates again

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2022, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Until the beginning of last year, the modest small vinyl sided cottages were reasonably priced - cheaper than a mobile home - as they have space rents that can be over $600 a month (just to rent the space, not including any house payment). We purchased at the beginning of 2021 and our mortgage is less than many local apartment monthly rentals.

NOT ALL Villagers have the large McMansions, custom homes, bird cage, painted driveway, painted garage floor, painted patio, custom electric platform lift for attic access, upgraded front door, electric automated garage screen, custom flooring (not vinyl roll), quartz/stone kitchen countertops (versus laminate), expanded garage, two golf carts, custom landscaping, and a pool - sorry if I left an item out. . When driving around the villages, the homes on the main streets are the high cost ones, so the less expensive smaller vinyl sided homes (but still nice homes) are not as visible. They are sorta tucked away in the corner sections..

Also, now homes outside of the Villages are also exorbitantly priced - about the same price as the Villages, but, of course, with a much larger lot.

Not all Villagers eat out 2-3x a day..

Many Villagers actually WORK in the Villages and around the surrounding area (Publix, etc.), full or part time. Lol

Multiple price hikes (for about everything) can add up.

MOST Villagers may not care about $20 payment hikes, but keep in mind that MANY do.
A friend stated the shocking TRUTH. Life is not fair it is that simple.

I was born poor. People on the government dole would riot if they had to live as we did.

Our current mentality. He has, so take from him and give to me.

Our CPI consumer price index is now roughly 8%. We all pay that with after tax dollars so real cost is 8% plus tax taken from you..

I no longer do but I used to drive a lot to EARN my living. I have a small car. I no longer drive much. I was shocked that $50 does not fill my gas tank

Last edited by DAVES; 05-17-2022 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-18-2022, 07:19 AM

My bill was $180 for only 100 channels and not even the ones I wanted ! Cable companies need to be policed and forced to stop charging $50 in fees over and above what they charge
Old 05-18-2022, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsenholzi View Post
My bill was $180 for only 100 channels and not even the ones I wanted ! Cable companies need to be policed and forced to stop charging $50 in fees over and above what they charge
Simple solution to this problem, stop allowing monopoly or oligopoly for these industries. Competition would force businesses to be more efficient and give us lower pricing.
Closed Thread

Tags
spectrum, rates, $10, hate, seniors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.