Speculation on where 4th "Town Center" will be

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Default Speculation on where 4th "Town Center" will be

Hi everyone,

As I sit here in my cube in Detroit (well, for now at least - I work for GM), I can't help but keep thinking about where that 4th "Town Center" might go. I've been combing the boards and one knowledgeable person thought it might be near the 470 exit off the turnpike. I'm looking to buy in the Fenney area so the speculation about where a new town center might go is very interesting. Does anyone have any speculation where it might go and why?

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Bosoxfan

Okahumpka service stop on the turnpike?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Definitely South of Brownwood. And North Of Orlando.
That is my closest guess.
And that’s my final answer
Old 12-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Just down the road from EPCOT at WDW there is some unbuilt land. Should be golf cart accessible by 2029 - believe me!
Old 12-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Platinum member

There will be a new turnpike exit at County Road 468, so my best guess would be somewhere just off that road.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:36 AM
Veteran member
Default Next town square

Close enough to Coleman for the inmates to hear the music. Trustees may even come to market night looking for hacksaw blades.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownBee View Post
Hi everyone,

As I sit here in my cube in Detroit (well, for now at least - I work for GM), I can't help but keep thinking about where that 4th "Town Center" might go. I've been combing the boards and one knowledgeable person thought it might be near the 470 exit off the turnpike. I'm looking to buy in the Fenney area so the speculation about where a new town center might go is very interesting. Does anyone have any speculation where it might go and why?

Thanks.
I find it funny that I am not the only one that scans this site for news of what's happening in the villages. (As I sit at my desk and watch my students as they are testing) We bought in Fenney last November. We get down there every school break that we can. Exciting times down in the southern region of The Villages. You will not be disappointed where ever you wind up purchasing!
Old 12-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

I am absolutely definitely 100% positive the new town center will be south of route 470 and a few miles east of Sumterville.

If anyone doubts me, look at the google map for that area. It is perfect, with very few existing buildings. One of the maps put out by TV shows they have two roads like Morse and Buena Vista planned thru that area.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
There will be a new turnpike exit at County Road 468, so my best guess would be somewhere just off that road.
They're not building an exchange on 468, that was taken off the table two years ago, your link was from 2004. They have already started clearing land and putting entrance roads in on both sides of the Turnpike at Warm Springs for retail and other commercial projects.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Close enough to Coleman for the inmates to hear the music. Trustees may even come to market night looking for hacksaw blades.
You bashers just don't give up do you, thinking you will scare people from buying down here. This place is going nuts with buyers. Even re-sales if priced where they should be are sold in a matter of days, there are a lot of people already moving into their second new homes down here and profiting very well on their re-sales. They opened the Fenney Way round-about today and there is now a steady stream of traffic from one end to the other, it's a very impressive entrance. 501 is also opened as of today and that will take a lot of truck traffic off of 301. Almost all of the land along 468/Warm Springs is zoned commercial and there are for-sale signs on just about every acre which will bring in little shopping plazas, maybe an urgent care, small independent restaurants, etc, etc. There is a lot of opportunity down here for entrepreneurs, if I was younger I would be right in there with them.

Last edited by vintageogauge; 12-07-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You bashers just don't give up do you, thinking you will scare people from buying down here. This place is going nuts with buyers. Even re-sales if priced where they should be are sold in a matter of days, there are a lot of people already moving into their second new homes down here and profiting very well on their re-sales. They opened the Fenney Way round-about today and there is now a steady stream of traffic form one end to the other, it's a very impressing entrance. 501 is also opened as of today and that will take a lot of truck traffic off of 301. Almost all of the land along 468/Warm Springs is zoned commercial and there are for-sale signs on just about every acre which will bring in little shopping plazas, maybe an urgent care, small independent restaurants, etc, etc. There is a lot of opportunity down here for entrepreneurs
Old 12-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Maybe there will not be a 4th town center!?
Old 12-07-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Maybe there will not be a 4th town center!?
Ship has sailed on that one - already been announced.

What is this - stir the pot Friday? I didn't get the memo...

Old 12-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Ship has sailed on that one - already been announced.

What is this - stir the pot Friday? I didn't get the memo...

You missed it because you looked under "stir the pot" .....that's not what they are trying to stir.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:59 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I'll bet the newest town square will be in the newest part of the villages and a 5th town square will be closer to Disney!
Closed Thread

Tags
town, center, speculation, 4th, turnpike

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.