Speculation on where 4th "Town Center" will be

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2018, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Close enough to Coleman for the inmates to hear the music. Trustees may even come to market night looking for hacksaw blades.
LOL. That is too funny.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
To answer the original poster's question....I thought I read somewhere that the 4th town square was going to be in Southern Oaks. East of Southern Oaks will be the Village of West Lake. This will be pretty close (within a mile or two I believe) of South Leesburg, in or around Okahumpka. ......

Frank
That really is too far south for hubby and me. Unless we were going to the airport more frequently, this southern location just does not work for us.

Not bashing the location but just wondering if there are any big box stores and restaurants close to the southern end? I'm referring to stores that we see on the 441/27 corridor and the 466 corridor in the main part of The Villages. Is it a safe assumption there will be corridors similar to these in the years to come for the folks down south?
Old 12-20-2018, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Glad to hear about a fourth town center. I'm going to guess it's going to be a town center lite but still nice.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2018, 11:16 AM

I agree that it will likely not be super close to the Fenney area. I'm sure that once the bridges are put in and golf cart access is opened, they are counting on the Fenney area residents to use and consider Brownwood as their primary town square for shopping, dining, and entertainment. It's likely no accident that the golf cart trail and bridges "land" right in the parking lot of Brownwood. It's the same concept they use at theme parks where you have to walk through the souvenir shop to get out once you exit an attraction/ride. Look at the route you have to take by cart to get from south of Lake Sumter to get to Spanish Springs town square - takes you right into Lake Sumter Landing first and then out and over the bridge to Spanish Springs. May as well stop for lunch or an ice cream on the way - or at least that's the theory.

Speculation is the key word in this thread. Interesting but really doesn't answer any questions. I speculate as to whether or not they will stay with the town square layout or change it up to something else.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
<snip> Speculation is the key word in this thread. Interesting but really doesn't answer any questions. I speculate as to whether or not they will stay with the town square layout or change it up to something else.
This reply is not meant as a joke. I heard from a source that occasionally interacts with members of Morse family that the 4th town center may not be square, but might be round in its design.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 PM

I predict most of the battery powered golf carts will glut the resale market....Also golf cart gas stations, will start popping up on Morse and Buena Vista...Like route 66...
Old 12-21-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
I predict most of the battery powered golf carts will glut the resale market....Also golf cart gas stations, will start popping up on Morse and Buena Vista...Like route 66...
You might be right but it can depend on what type of electric cart you buy. We bought an electric cart with lithium batteries so it has about a 100 mile range. That should do us even though we live in Fenney. But we also have a second gas cart just in case. Wonder how many 2 cart families there are in Fenney? Maybe we're jumping the gun a little. Come one connectivity.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:50 AM

I think there is no question that another town square would be welcomed, but if it is built, I hope they do a better job than what they did at Brownwood. The entertainment area is too small, the concrete surface is extremely rough and not great for dancing. They could have made the surface similar to Sumter Landing, and added the rough surfaces at the perimeter to obtain the look they wanted.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Default Bashers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You bashers just don't give up do you, thinking you will scare people from buying down here. This place is going nuts with buyers. Even re-sales if priced where they should be are sold in a matter of days, there are a lot of people already moving into their second new homes down here and profiting very well on their re-sales. They opened the Fenney Way round-about today and there is now a steady stream of traffic from one end to the other, it's a very impressive entrance. 501 is also opened as of today and that will take a lot of truck traffic off of 301. Almost all of the land along 468/Warm Springs is zoned commercial and there are for-sale signs on just about every acre which will bring in little shopping plazas, maybe an urgent care, small independent restaurants, etc, etc. There is a lot of opportunity down here for entrepreneurs, if I was younger I would be right in there with them.
Living in Fenney is probably a great way to enjoy retirement and it’s true you can get a lot more bang for your buck when buying, but to me it’s like living in the middle of nowhere. We bought in the middle of Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter Landing to enjoy the villages lifestyle. I’m looking forward to the day when I can drive my golf cart to Fenny and play a round of golf. I think that may happen in a couple of years.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

I wouldn't hold my breath. There is clearly way to many vacancies in Brownwood for them to start another Town Square. However, with all the new major construction in Brownwood (Hotel, medical specialty center, apts ) it will probably start to finally fill up. I wouldn't be surprised if they start a new one in 4 yrs about May 2, 2023, 8 am will be the first groundbreaking with opening Dec 1, 2025, with a tree lighting ceremony, Rocky and the Rollers and cheerleaders. Oh, I almost forgot its first establishments will be: Citizens Bank, Movie Theater ( if they still exist then), The Villages Greeting center, Villages Box office and Golf cart garage (Electric only). This will be followed closely by Red Sauce and Panera Bread. Next will be Subway, Gaters, and Starbucks. I'd go into more detail but I don't want to give away any more priority information.

Full disclosure > I provide fortunes, I'm not cheap but the information provided will be at least as good as any other you read or get.
Closed Thread

Tags
town, center, speculation, 4th, turnpike

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.