Speed Limits

Speed Limits

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
OK, sorry I called it whining and b***hing ! I should have said complaining. But nevertheless, the signs wouldn't have gone up if the folks on Oak Forest hadn't complained. So, how can you say they had nothing to do with it !
OK, this discussion has taken a turn away from the original topic which was the new speed limits. Nothing to do with the signs which I think didn't last long. The intent of the new ordinance was to make the speed limits within the Sumter county portion of TV more reasonable for the neighborhoods involved and more consistent throughout. Obviously, not everyone is happy with the changes, but I think the process, starting with a study conducted by actually driving the roads, was logical and reasonable.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Email Reported As Spam

In many locations in The Villages streets are used as short cuts, etc/ a case in point is Belevdere where traffic cuts thru from 466 to Buena Vista. Rio Grande and Delmar are the back way into Spanish Springs. Both of these streets have cartpaths but they are very narrow and often carts on halfway in the road so you can't get up to 15mph let alone 20. You are seeing way too many cars, carts bikes, pedestrian squeezed on the roadways at the same time, especially this time of year.

The reduction in speeed limit was redundant because between the heavy traffic and slow drivers you can't get much past 20 mph on 466let alone street designed 20 mph . A bit of hyberbole but pretty good description of the situation.. I don't travel much beyond Orlando and my onboard computer has me averaging 27mph.. Try it out reboot you onboard computer travel just within The Villages and see how fast/slow you really are going. OK I'll speak for the group that's going to say "Why are you in such a hurry, you are retired". My response, heck I even sleep fast
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
I don't think Sumter county would have put up those signs if Oak Forest residents didn't whine and b***h about the traffic ! How can you say that they had nothing to do with that ?
A traffic study was done some time ago & it was determined that Oak Forest needed a remedy to slow down & reduce the traffic flow. Yes, the residents complained that the street was becoming very unsafe due to the amount of traffic and unsafe speed. Sumter County's remedy was the ridiculous signs that were placed at the Southern Trace end & Tally end on Oak Forest. The residents DID NOT request those. I
Oak Forest between Southern Trace & Tally is approx 8 tenths of a mile. I don't understand why people feel they have to speed or pass for such a short distance of travel & yes I have seen cars pass other cars...spells danger to me.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Sage

The POA publication was delivered yesterday and a very good explanation was given about this issue. Don't know why folks grouse so much about changes that are for the good of the majority! Just mho!! IF we didn't have laws and rules then what a sad fix we all would be in, in this world!
Closed Thread