Speeders

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

It would be nice if golf carts would slow down when using neighborhoods as short cuts.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Email Reported As Spam

One post made reference to establishing a continual speed
trap on Morse............

Setting up speed traps solely to earn profits creates a conflict of interest or at least the appearance of

A Court in New Jersey stopped the state use of red light cameras because they were centered around "profits"

the same situation north of here on 301 where a town deliberately set up speed traps.

This topic "speed" whether by car, cart or bicycle is a constant topic on this forum. It is always blown out of proportion. I don't believe there are many towns, cities where if you were not at or above the speed limit well you got the one finger salute.

the woman in the diamond lane on St Charles that was traveling at about 10mph because she had a large cup of coffee in one hand and one hand on the wheel concerns me more than some guy doing 5-10 mph over the limit on Morse

DISTRACTIONS ARE THE LARGEST REASONS FOR ACCIDENTS
Old 05-28-2017, 08:20 AM
Gold member

The "speed traps" in Lawtey, Starke, Waldo and other communities on Rte. 301 have decreasing speed limits every hundred yards or so, stepping down from 55 to 45 to 35 etc., and they catch people who aren't paying attention to the unreasonably fast slowdown. That's a speed trap, and is nothing like what I suggested. What I suggested on Morse is a police presence to enforce the single speed limit. There is no legal precedent prohibiting the police from enforcing the speed limit. Just yesterday I drove my golf cart to the mail station on Morse and was passed by a white Cadillac doing at least 50 in the 30 MPH limit, with his wheels on or over the center line. The sheriff's deputy was busy driving through the Hacienda Hills clubhouse parking lot in his marked SUV, looking for who knows what.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Gold member

Would this be the same place to complain about slow drivers too? You know the ones who drive 30 mph on Route 42 which is a 45 mph road.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
The "speed traps" in Lawtey, Starke, Waldo and other communities on Rte. 301 have decreasing speed limits every hundred yards or so, stepping down from 55 to 45 to 35 etc., and they catch people who aren't paying attention to the unreasonably fast slowdown. That's a speed trap, and is nothing like what I suggested. What I suggested on Morse is a police presence to enforce the single speed limit. There is no legal precedent prohibiting the police from enforcing the speed limit. Just yesterday I drove my golf cart to the mail station on Morse and was passed by a white Cadillac doing at least 50 in the 30 MPH limit, with his wheels on or over the center line. The sheriff's deputy was busy driving through the Hacienda Hills clubhouse parking lot in his marked SUV, looking for who knows what.
collie: I grew up just outside Syracuse and lived a number of years in Camillus. Lovely and friendly people there .

I agree with your description of Stark, Waldo, etc as a speed trap... However my reference to "conflict of interest stems for your comments that TV residents be used as "cash cows". if "cash cows" is the only basis then it is a "conflict of interest"because "cash" is their only motivator which leads to corrupt policing.

Again DISTRACTION is the biggest cause of mishaps

and for what is is worth there is a difference between speeding and reckless speeding just as there is between passing and unsafe passing. going 50mph in a 45mph is not the same as going 60+ mph in that same speed zone

After several years on this forum I have read where some residents here actually believe no one should exceed the speed limit ever either by car or cart nor should they be able to pass them for any reason.

I am not arguing that speeding and passing are not an issue only the degree thereof

The only absolute I deal with is death and like all of us I am trying to avoid that one too

Personal Best Regards:
Closed Thread

Tags
pinellas, gate, vehicles, speed, basis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.