Speeders

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2017, 08:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
When I lived in the Washington DC area, it was not safe to drive the speed limit because everyone was going 10-20 mph above it. There is much better compliance here.
Similar in Tampa Bay and I would guess every urban area in the country.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:34 AM
Gold member

Earlier this year the sheriff announced a crackdown on aggressive driving, and as I recall, specifically mentioned 27/441 as a target area. I drive on that highway several times every week, and I have never seen a sheriff's deputy parked anywhere on the road looking for aggressive drivers. On the other hand, I've seen many speeders, tailgaters, reckless lane changers, and red light runners.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Come on! Where is it not the same.
Where there is a speed limit nearly everbody exceeds it.
How much by, is up to their budget for fines on the rare occasion they may be caught.
Personaly, I am a 10% over driver, and most cars seem to overtake me.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

But extended driving in the leftmost lane holding up faster traffic is always illegal.

So is speeding. My point is I see lots of people complaining about drivers going the speed limit in left lane, IT'S THE LAW DANGIT! But they themselves want to break the law by speeding (and not for life or death emergency) Hypocrisy... My breaking of law is better than yours

Ooh. Are you admitting to being one of those left lane cruisers?

If I ever see you in my rear view mirror I promise to pull over

20171220_101052_001-jpg
Old 12-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
...My breaking of law is better than yours...
Who could possibly argue with that?!?
Old 12-21-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
I think Villagers are speedsters due to all the activities they are involved in and trying not to be late for them while at the same time fitting in all their routine weekly chores. The solution is to slow the Villagers down by limiting them to three classes per week and two rounds of golf. hahahahahahhahahahahaha
I've done an in-depth study of Village Speeders, and have determined that 43.7% of speeding residents are exceeding the limit because they are trying to get to their destination before they forget where they are going. Another 12.8% are trying to get to one of the Town Squares so that they can save their seats for evening entertainment. 60.4% denied that they were speeding, or that they had ever exceeded a posted speed limit.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:44 AM

And if you think the roads are bad, just take a shopping cart inside of Publix and see how many near accidents you have 🤣
Old 12-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Gold member
Default If you read these posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
But extended driving in the leftmost lane holding up faster traffic is always illegal.

So is speeding. My point is I see lots of people complaining about drivers going the speed limit in left lane, IT'S THE LAW DANGIT! But they themselves want to break the law by speeding (and not for life or death emergency) Hypocrisy... My breaking of law is better than yours

Ooh. Are you admitting to being one of those left lane cruisers?

If I ever see you in my rear view mirror I promise to pull over

Attachment 73203
First of all as an ex-NewYorker who has done a lot of driving. WOW-the most polite term I can say about drivers in the Villages is we have a lot of interesting drivers around here.

As to the law-read the posts about the round a bouts. They will scream but very few KNOW the law and fewer still follow the law.

Turn signals? Speed? For the debate about people riding in the left hand lane doing the speed limit. On a two lane road you are SUPPOSED TO drive the right hand lane so that people who wish to pass can pass you on the left AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO. For the passers-if you need to exceed the speed limit to pass-YOU ARE SPEEDING AND YOU CAN BE TICKETED FOR IT. In the REAL WORLD-few know or CARE about signals, about laws, ABOUT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES.

SOLUTION-my dad taught me to drive he is long gone. To quote my Father's advice-EXPECT PEOPLE AROUND YOU TO DO THE STUPIDEST POSSIBLE THING CAUSE THAT IT EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:58 AM
Gold member
Default Wow dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
When I lived in the Washington DC area, it was not safe to drive the speed limit because everyone was going 10-20 mph above it. There is much better compliance here.
The city is built on the French system- a target.

Government workers clearly have a deal. They can't be ticketed no matter how STUPID they act.

Oh and unlike NY where the streets go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 oh and other than city hall area the streets were turned into a grid pattern. They did also keep BROADWAY at an angle and give streets two names-just to keep the tourists confused.
In DC, like the VILLAGES-hey that sounds like a good name or let's name a street after Uncle Charley.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Driving on Odell today, doing about 30 to 35 i had someone in a big suv tailgating me...about 6 feet from my bumper. Did a few light brake checks, then drove slower. At that point, the driver was 3 feet from my bumper.

Decided to stop at the hemingway intersection and get out of the car and, in my best arrogant northerner tude, discuss the tailgating.

30 year old idiot looked at me like a deer in headlights while i discussed tailgating. Said nothing while i read her the riot act.

Speeders and tailgaters...my guess dont even live inTV.

Needless to say, she didnt tailgate me after we got in Morse.
That was a stupid thing to do !
Old 12-22-2017, 05:25 PM
Sage

Getting out of your car could get you shot dead, this is not NYC--lots of people carry here and if they feel threatened, they shoot first,call their lawyer second then 911
Old 12-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

I am a slow driver and almost never exceed the posted speed limit.

For the most part, speeders and tailgaters do not irritate me. The people I see speeding are soon long gone and do not bother me. The occasional tailgaters may follow me for a short while, but once they see that I am not increasing my speed, they either go around me or back off, probably because it makes them nervous to follow a few feet behind me for a longer distance.

I get worried when I find the rare driver going slower than I do. I wonder what is wrong with them.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Fast, slow, out of the car, tap the brakes, flip the bird, record on dash cam, your all NUTS. Once they catch this one driver screwing everyone up they should string him or her up at one of the Squares with Christmas Lights to keep with the seasonal feeling. Enough with the B.S. just do your part and drive defensively. Merry Christmas. Peace Out!!!
Old 12-23-2017, 10:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Earlier this year the sheriff announced a crackdown on aggressive driving, and as I recall, specifically mentioned 27/441 as a target area. I drive on that highway several times every week, and I have never seen a sheriff's deputy parked anywhere on the road looking for aggressive drivers. On the other hand, I've seen many speeders, tailgaters, reckless lane changers, and red light runners.
I saw 2 cars pulled over on 441 tonight

Tags
tailgating, lights, red, running, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.