Speeding

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Default Speeding

I was glad to read this morning that our Community Development District reps are also concerned about the speeding in our area. It is the residents, as well as the service vehicles such as lawn, pest control, contractors, etc. Marion County is working hard here in Chatham and Calumet Grove, kudos to them, unfortunately they have a lot of other areas in the county to cover.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Default Re: Speeding

I was glad also to see the Sumter police checking for speeding and stop sign violations on Buena Vista. Although I wish there would do it more often than in late morning hours. After hearing stories of folks getting tickets for not stopping at signs in their golf carts, I realized that I was also guilty of rolling stops on my way around town in my cart. I have since made it a point to come to a complete stop at all signs and also to be aware of my speed. I also make a concious effort to use my turn signal in both the cart and car. Now I have the right to complain when I encounter others who don't. Our own safety and that of our neighbors is in our own hands.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.