Speeding Crackdown in Sumter County

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2021, 05:33 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,083 Times in 295 Posts

Well, that explains why they refused to respond to burglars I caught in my living room helping themselves to my TV.

They've got more important things to do! Those 45 mph speed limits on divided highways aren't going to enforce themselves!
Old 07-20-2021, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywood View Post
Well, that explains why they refused to respond to burglars I caught in my living room helping themselves to my TV.

They've got more important things to do! Those 45 mph speed limits on divided highways aren't going to enforce themselves!
If you caught someone in your house burglarizing it, you should have been calling the Coroner not the Sheriff.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-21-2021, 04:51 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Posted on Facebook by the Sumter County Sheriff's Office:

"The Sumter County Sheriff's Office is participating in a tough new speed enforcement blitz under the tagline: “Obey the Sign or Pay the Fine.” The intensified enforcement effort against speeding drivers underscores the severity of the problem both locally and across the nation. This initiative will take place beginning Monday, July 19th - July 24th."
Thanks for the heads up. I will slow down this week! Vrrroom Vrrroom
Old 07-21-2021, 05:18 AM

About time they got out of the parking lots!
Old 07-21-2021, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

The safety issue is the drivers in the left lane at 30mph and those brain dead’s riding side by side at the same speed, slower traffic stay in the right lane , you brain dead’s either speed up to pass or slow to follow get out of the left lane.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:30 AM

Dumb comment!
Old 07-21-2021, 05:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Wink Being Realistic

First the speed limits should be set that are realistic. When I see a 15 or 20 mile limit i realize it is unrealistic to expect a car to go 15 or even 20 miles an hour in some areas. Try to get a car to go 15 is almost impossible without having your foot on the break. When
people disrespect the speed limits it may be they were set too low. Also, if your going to go after auto's who go over the limit to contain accidents please go after the bike riders who ride in the middle of the road almost daring the car's behind them. Just go out when there are multi bike clubs who do not pay attention to the 3 feet from curb rule. Ok got these out of head and now welcome the police who fine those who are violating fair road speed limites
Old 07-21-2021, 05:47 AM
Default 3 foot rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
First the speed limits should be set that are realistic. When I see a 15 or 20 mile limit i realize it is unrealistic to expect a car to go 15 or even 20 miles an hour in some areas. Try to get a car to go 15 is almost impossible without having your foot on the break. When
people disrespect the speed limits it may be they were set too low. Also, if your going to go after auto's who go over the limit to contain accidents please go after the bike riders who ride in the middle of the road almost daring the car's behind them. Just go out when there are multi bike clubs who do not pay attention to the 3 feet from curb rule. Ok got these out of head and now welcome the police who fine those who are violating fair road speed limites
>> multi bike clubs who do not pay attention to the 3 feet from curb rule. <<

Please elaborate
Old 07-21-2021, 06:03 AM

I witnessed 3:accidents this week in TV. In each case at least one of the drivers had their head down texting. Nothing Ro do with speed just stupid
Old 07-21-2021, 06:16 AM
Default Speeding

[QUOTE=champion6;1975658]Posted on Facebook by the Sumter County Sheriff's Office:

"The Sumter County Sheriff's Office is participating in a tough new speed enforcement blitz under the tagline: “Obey the Sign or Pay the Fine.” The intensified enforcement effort against speeding drivers underscores the severity of the problem both locally and across the nation. This initiative will take place beginning Monday, July 19th - July 24th."[/QUOTE

About time
Old 07-21-2021, 06:22 AM

Some of you may enjoy this controversial YouTube channel, regardless of your opinion on law enforcement efforts.
Lawsuit After INSANE Arrest - 73 Year Old With Dementia - Part 1 - YouTube
Old 07-21-2021, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

Those are the people that will tailgate you also and then make a lane change to the right and back around the front of you.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:24 AM
Veteran member

Beans over cornbread????
Old 07-21-2021, 06:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
So says the man who obviously never wore the uniform, or had to pull the dead 8 year-old out from under the speeding SUV, whose driver was in a hurry to get to a pedicure appointment.

Law enforcement agencies do not use enhanced enforcement campaigns as "fund raisers." The sheriff certainly does not get to keep revenue generated through traffic citations.

Laws, and rules, are there for a reason. And, yes...safety is a big part of their existence. Ignoring laws, simply because someone may not be posing a threat in a particular snapshot of a moment, is ignorant. What's next? Is driving while impaired OK as long as you don't kill anyone? Is stealing OK if you really need the money? Is assault OK if that guy really pushed your button? Hopefully, you get the drift.

If all motorists (and golf car drivers) simply did their part and obeyed the laws, there would be drastically fewer incidents that result in people getting hurt. Remember...driving is a privilege, not your right.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Notice that every time a villager sees a speeder or a traffic violator, whats the first thing they spew? Wheres the cops….why arent they out here? Etc etc. So, now you have a planned enforcement and its, “oh. Just looking to grab money from people”. SMH
Old 07-21-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Doc. I am getting a mental picture of you as leadfoot.

The only time in my life I ran afoul of the law, I was speeding. Well make that two times. I am terribly impatient way too much in my life but for some reason, not in a car. I am not sure why, but that is true of all of the drivers I know well. I have been annoyed in a car but NEVER full of rage.

I see nothing wrong with the sheriff's slowing down a few wild folks. Nothing wrong with that. It is their job and I am so weary of them being maligned. I like cops.
No way! Not a chance in the world that in your lifetime you've only violated the law twice and both times just happened to get caught. You've either painted a sanctimonious picture of yourself or you're completely naive.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.