Speeding golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2020, 11:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Had the throttle cable replaced on my Yamaha yesterday ($100). On the way home my cart hit 28MPH on the flat, lever surface. Went back and had them lower the max speed to 18MPH. Pass me if you wish, who cares. If you tailgate me, you'll see just how slow I can go.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-17-2020, 12:04 PM

It is very simple to adjust the governor so your cart goes faster. I see it almost daily and i do not care. People in cars speed all the time. That is their busness not mine. Please tell me, what useful purpose does fliping one finger accomplish?? So what if he passes your cart? And tailgating is an aggressive move that could lead to confrontatiom. In the future i suggest you mind your own busness and go along your merry way.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:17 PM
Default Finger use

Keep your finger in your nose and mind your own business.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
According to Florida law, 19.9 mph. Over that you must make certain modifications and register it as a LSV, which allows you to go 25 mph, and drive on roadways with a speed limit of no more than 35 mph (if you are suicidal, IMHO).
However, if you try to appoint yourself as the speed monitor and react to every incident of excessive golf cart speed, you will only drive yourself nuts. After all, why do you care if someone passes you in a hurry? He will be the one facing huge fines if he gets caught by a legitimate LEO.
It is not 19.9, it is 20 mph.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
It is very simple to adjust the governor so your cart goes faster. I see it almost daily and i do not care. People in cars speed all the time. That is their busness not mine. Please tell me, what useful purpose does fliping one finger accomplish?? So what if he passes your cart? And tailgating is an aggressive move that could lead to confrontatiom. In the future i suggest you mind your own busness and go along your merry way.
Exactly. I find the fact that someone would give someone the finger and approach another driver to let them know what they thought of their driving to be much more or a problem than someone safely passing a cart at 23 mph.

Road rage is going to cause more problems than a person driving a few miles per hour over the limit.

Although they won't admit is, the local LE won't bother to stop anyone going under 25 mph.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:57 AM

how rude. the one finger salute I mean
Old 03-19-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Perhaps the driver just herd that Walmart got in a shipment of toilet paper?

Old 03-19-2020, 07:21 AM

Another case of All About Me syndrome. Only issue here is these are the kind of actions and attitudes that will eventually affect us all when the authorities decide that there is a safety issue and we end up having to have inspections, buy insurance and be forced to carry certificates that prove proof of annual inspections.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, lot, opportunity, speed, driving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.