Spiders and storage question

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Gold member
Default Spiders and storage question

I know that there is storage in the attic, which would be great for Christmas decorations...but I'm always afraid of storage areas because of spiders. Is this a problem? As I pack stuff away this year, I'm doing is as though we will actually be there next Christmas, I bought large storage containers and I'm packing everything carefully and getting rid of a LOT...I'm just so afraid of spiders I'm reluctant to put things in the attic in Florida. Do you use your attic? Have you found any unexpected critters?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Dead geckos at the bottom of a box with Xmas lights...no spiders..they stay on the outside of the hosue!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Eternal Member

I always store the Christmas stuff in the attic above the garage. Have not had a problem in 10 years.

I find mummified anoles on the lanai all of the time.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Platinum member

Don't yet know if this will be practical during the hot summers, but we packed attic stuff in translucent plastic tupperware-type boxes with snap-on lids. I bought a bunch of dessicant packs (silica beads) online and inserted one or more in each box. Figure it's worth a try.

The house/garage is pretty much bug free once the pest guys are scheduled to come regularly. I have found small wasp honeycombs here and there outside, so decided to have no exposed cardboard boxes. Don't know if that is even relevant, but I was taught that way years ago.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Default spiders

Maybe MOTH BALLS. I also use a product called BugMax 365. Good Luck
Old 02-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Well...Well...Well..you folks have just given me the remedy I need to get the Christmas stuff, etc emptied out of my attic without enduring a major battle with "don't throw it out we may need it someday" wife. Now which store do I go to to get that webby kind of stuff they use at Halloween? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Well...Well...Well..you folks have just given me the remedy I need to get the Christmas stuff, etc emptied out of my attic without enduring a major battle with "don't throw it out we may need it someday" wife. Now which store do I go to to get that webby kind of stuff they use at Halloween? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Add a couple of 3 foot plastic spiders to drop off the folding steps as she pulls them down and you've really wife proofed the attic space!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.