Spoke to water Tech

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2020, 09:48 AM
Default Spoke to water Tech

I happen to be taking a walk and saw a Tech checking a water meter and started a conversation...I told him that I never paid for water as we had a well up north and I was surprised how expensive water cost. I asked what a typical house call like he was doing cost and he said there was no cost to the homeowner. He said he thinks that the cost of water is high because they get called out for no reason. He said that most house call results are nothing especially irrigation. Homeowners have high usage and instead of calling an irrigation co or doing some research they call in for faulty meter. For inside water it is normally a running toilet which can use over 20,000 gals per month yet homeowners think it is a faulty meter. He said they blame the water department for everything and when the techs test the meter for accuracy they still don't believe them and sometimes make them go out for the same issue numerous times until they call a plumber or irrigation person and find out that they are irrigating on 3 settings. He said many times homeowners get upset because the Tech will only go as far as the meter and won't go into their garage or home so when you wonder why your cost of water is so high think twice before you call for a free meter check.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

good advice...thanks for sharing

we had our own well up north too

when you think about it though it wasn't cheap when you consider the upfront costs....we had to drill the well and buy the pump...
Old 08-01-2020, 11:41 AM
Veteran member

Not sure what I just read......it never ceases to amaze me!
Old 08-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I know in some places the water meter is rather smart and can tell if there is an on going leak, peak times of water usage etc. Guess these meters are not in use here.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, meter, call, cost, high

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.