Spring Arbor, Bison Valley, Oak Meadows, Oxford Oaks

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Default Spring Arbor, Bison Valley, Oak Meadows, Oxford Oaks

Does anyone have any information on the following developments:
Spring Arbor, Bison Valley, Oak Meadows, Oxford Oaks, or Villages of parkwood

I know these developments are for young families - yet when I go to the villages or around town I never see young families. Just curious are there young families that are around the villages? Looking to relocate with a 18 and 19yr old - just curious if anyone has any first hand experience they can share. Any information would be appreciated.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV2015 View Post

I know these developments are for young families - yet when I go to the villages or around town I never see young families. Just curious are there young families that are around the villages? Looking to relocate with a 18 and 19yr old - just curious if anyone has any first hand experience they can share. Any information would be appreciated.
I used to live in Summerhill, and I saw lots of kids around Bison Valley, esp. school age kids because it is so close to the school. A guy who did work on my computer has a small child and he lives in Spring Arbor. A neighbor down the street sold her house in Amelia and moved to Oak Meadows to live with her granddaughters who were in their early teens when their mother passed away suddenly. So, with this small amount of info, I hope I helped.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 02-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Google is your friend. They all have web sites you should visit. You do realize that none of these are part of The Villages in that residents do not get Villager ID cards.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:46 PM

Thank you Connie - that is helpful . Bryan yes I know that Google is my friend and I use it often - but I am looking for first hand experience and thought I would come on this friendly site. Thank you
Old 02-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Platinum member

Do the kids in Bison Valley qualify to attend TV schools?
Old 02-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Do the kids in Bison Valley qualify to attend TV schools?
Where a student lives is not a criteria for The Villages Charter Schools. The student must have a parent employed by The Villages or a qualified Villages contractor or Villages lessee.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I think most of the kids are on the younger side, at least that seems to be the case for Bison Valley. I did think more children would be living there than it seems there actually are, but there definitely are kids there.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-22-2015, 09:19 PM
Sage

They are probably inside texting.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:31 PM

We live in Villages of Parkwood and have for 5 years. There are many children of all ages here. Quite a few go to the Charter school - their parents work for The Villages or work for a company on Villages property. It's a nice neighborhood - well maintained and friendly people.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Platinum member

If a family lives in one of the family villages, but the parents do not work for the villages, are the children not allowed to attend the Charter school? And, if not, where would they go for school?
Old 02-22-2015, 10:10 PM

I can tell you that Bison Valley is a beautiful family friendly neighborhood that allows you to put up white privacy fencing around your yard (you have like 3 choices of style to choose from). Bison Valley, Oak Meadows and Spring Arbor are all on Villages property but you do not pay an amenity fee nor do you have access to the Villages activities or golf. There is also a golf cart path hidden in Spring Arbor that can get you to the Villages paths. At the time we were looking in 2010, the monthly fees were only about $35 at Spring Arbor but you are VERY CLOSE to electrical wires in that Community....the Villages of Parkwood is off Villages property......there's a beautiful community called the Fairways off 301.....
Old 02-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I played golf with a villager last year that said he was selling his house in Amelia and moving to Parkwood. I asked him why? He said his 19 year old daughter had a baby and was moving back home, long story, so with the infant they had to move out of TV and chose Parkwood.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV2015 View Post

Do you have to make a move immediately? If you wait until the 18 year old turns 19, you can live anywhere in The Villages?

You don't see a lot of young families because the people in these developments don't have access to The Villages amenities. I would also be surprised if 20 and 30 somethings with young children would be interested in hanging around the squares watching a bunch of 50 and 60 somethings line dance. Having said that however, I have noticed and even spoken to several groups of high school kids that seem to hang at Spanish Springs on Friday and Saturday nights. It seems that since there are no malls here, they meet up at the square.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

I live in Bison V. Yes lots of families live there along with retired folk.
Lots of families with young and older kids live here.
To get the straight scoop on The Villages Charter School, visit the website. That way you get the real scoop.

The Villages Charter Schools - Central Office

Here is a link to the newest family section Oxford Oaks. Really strict to qualify for financing in Oxford Oaks on new homes. A lot easier to buy into one of the other family sections, depending on your financial needs. Just saying

Oxford Oaks - A Gated Family Community Near The Village Florida - New Homes For Sale

You can live there but that does not qualify for the Charter School. One needs to visit the website for the school and see what does qualify one for the TVCS.
If you do not attend The Charter School most likely you would attend Wildwood just depending on where you live.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Where a student lives is not a criteria for The Villages Charter Schools. The student must have a parent employed by The Villages or a qualified Villages contractor or Villages lessee.
well, that's true, but I guess I made the assumption that most people who live at Bison Valley work in TV.......probably not always true of course.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.