Spring Arbor, Bison Valley, Oak Meadows, Oxford Oaks

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I played golf with a villager last year that said he was selling his house in Amelia and moving to Parkwood. I asked him why? He said his 19 year old daughter had a baby and was moving back home, long story, so with the infant they had to move out of TV and chose Parkwood.
Parkwood seems very nice.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 02-23-2015, 06:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
I live in Bison V. Yes lots of families live there along with retired folk.
Lots of families with young and older kids live here.
To get the straight scoop on The Villages Charter School, visit the website. That way you get the real scoop.

The Villages Charter Schools - Central Office

Here is a link to the newest family section Oxford Oaks. Really strict to qualify for financing in Oxford Oaks on new homes. A lot easier to buy into one of the other family sections, depending on your financial needs. Just saying

Oxford Oaks - A Gated Family Community Near The Village Florida - New Homes For Sale

You can live there but that does not qualify for the Charter School. One needs to visit the website for the school and see what does qualify one for the TVCS.
If you do not attend The Charter School most likely you would attend Wildwood just depending on where you live.

Went to the link and looked at the models (just because I love to look at floorplans) and was surprised how many had golf cart garages. Where would they go in golf carts other then around the neighborhood?
Old 02-23-2015, 07:24 PM

Thank you Everyone!! Very helpful information!!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Went to the link and looked at the models (just because I love to look at floorplans) and was surprised how many had golf cart garages. Where would they go in golf carts other then around the neighborhood?
Not sure on or why golf cart garages in Oxford Oaks,,, I guess it is a rather large area,, can driver around with golf cart,,, There is no Village access from there at all. Lot of premier homes selling there.

We have golf cart access from Bison Valley. That is all they give us,,, Not sure anyone else other than Oak Meadows has it.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Platinum member
Default Bond

Does anyone know if the new homes in Oxford Oaks have a bond?
Old 06-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Does anyone know if the new homes in Oxford Oaks have a bond?
No Bond
The Family Sections do not have them. They have sold a few homes in Oxford Oaks. You can see the map on the website.
Recently dropped the prices for those homes also. Good friend of Mine is a salesman for The Villages,, Gary Gage, He was telling me all about it.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:17 PM

Visited some open houses on Sunday in Oxford Oaks. Very nice and prices were reduced but we were told for that day only but I bet you could get the lower price anytime. Saw some huge prices on Premier homes. That are building many of the same plans as in TV.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

THey are all same models they build in TV. Same builders and all,,, Although Oxford Oaks has a new 2 story model,, 3 bdrms up stairs. That is different. Expensive I will say.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Platinum member

Gary, thanks for your info.....much appreciated.

In their ads they state it will be "gated" .....now, I could be wrong, but I don't believe that TV advertises "gated". Do you think this means a gate without a button for those without a gate pass? Or??
Old 06-16-2015, 08:04 PM
Veteran member

When will the 18 yr old be 19? You qualify for tv with a 19 & 20 yr old
Old 06-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Gary, thanks for your info.....much appreciated.

In their ads they state it will be "gated" .....now, I could be wrong, but I don't believe that TV advertises "gated". Do you think this means a gate without a button for those without a gate pass? Or??

It will have the lift gates just like TV. they are already in place and working. Due to construction, just pull up to the gate and it opens,,, the main one off 301.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
When will the 18 yr old be 19? You qualify for tv with a 19 & 20 yr old
And, if she's at least 55. Unless, of course, the area she's moving into already has the 80% quota met, then under 55 would work!
Old 06-17-2015, 02:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
It will have the lift gates just like TV. they are already in place and working. Due to construction, just pull up to the gate and it opens,,, the main one off 301.
Thanks Gary, I've been through and yes the gates open now. What I'm wondering though is.....they are advertising as "gated" . The Villages has never advertised as "gated" because its not. I'm wondering if this community will actually be truly gated.....without the button for outsiders. I'm gonna go to an open house this weekend and get the info.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thanks Gary, I've been through and yes the gates open now. What I'm wondering though is.....they are advertising as "gated" . The Villages has never advertised as "gated" because its not. I'm wondering if this community will actually be truly gated.....without the button for outsiders. I'm gonna go to an open house this weekend and get the info.
Check with them at the open house,, they change their minds so much, no telling if they will make it actually a true gated deal or not, I am not thinking so. Friend of mine lives in there and he told me he has not heard anything on that.
Nice area,,, little more expensive than other family units.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.