Sprouts Market

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2023, 08:36 AM
Veteran member
Default Sprouts Market

What’s everyone’s opinion of this new store near Laurel Manor on 466?
Was there this morning and there were maybe a dozen cars in the lot.
I’m not impressed!
Will they be there in a year?
Old 05-25-2023, 09:12 AM

Really like sprouts. Don't go by cars in the parking lot. Meats, fish and chicken are great at reasonable prices. Most all of it is organic. Vegetables are fresh and great tasting as well. No, it is not your typical grocery store and isn't intended to be. We hope it is there for many years to come.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Most people don't go grocery shopping on Wednesdays before 9 in the morning. So you probably shouldn't expect to see a lot of people there. If you're looking to see how crowded it can get, try Fridays around 5:30pm, Saturday afternoons, or Sundays around lunch time.

Sprouts is great. They're focused more on produce than anything else, and they have a good selection of local and specialty fruits and veggies for reasonable prices. They also have a huge variety of bulk bin items, I was able to get just a small amount of cardamom powder for less than a dollar - and that'll last me a year since a little goes a long way. They have a lot of "natural" products, at the expected higher prices than their P&G counterparts. Their Dr. Bronners soaps were the same price as everywhere else. So if you like natural foods, and other products, AND you're needing fresh produce, Sprouts is a good place to go.

If you're looking for paper products, trash bags, stuff like that, and you're rather go inexpensive rather than the "save the planet" thing, then you're better off at Walmart.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
What’s everyone’s opinion of this new store near Laurel Manor on 466?
Was there this morning and there were maybe a dozen cars in the lot.
I’m not impressed!
Will they be there in a year?
Those who weren’t a fan of Earth Fare, aren’t going to be happy with Sprouts. Mainly organic, gluten free items, their own products, small bakery, and deli. One doesn’t grocery shop at a specialty grocery, you pick up what’s needed. Produce and fruit will stay edible twice as long as most grocery

Sale items are less $ than fresh market, I like their bulk section, meat and seafood over Fresh Market. Will they still be here in a year, probably, it’s a chain.

They do have really good pastry and pies.

Last edited by thelegges; 05-25-2023 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

I like this store a lot , I don’t cook but I do like some of there take home dinners . I am a big fan of Publix but I think sprouts fruits and veggies are better then anywhere else , I’m eating some new things in my salads from sprouts , I hope they stay in business
Old 05-26-2023, 06:08 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Nice store. Lucky to have them and choices!
Old 05-26-2023, 06:24 AM
Veteran member

I’m actually kind of confused. Isn’t it similar to Fresh Market right down the street?
Old 05-26-2023, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

A big vote for Sprouts Farmers Market. Meats, fish, and produce are top notch. As are their private label items.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I’m actually kind of confused. Isn’t it similar to Fresh Market right down the street?
No, it's not. Fresh Market is just a "boutique" grocery store, with higher end brands, gourmet options, fancier meats and cheeses and full service butcher.

Sprouts is a health-oriented grocery store that focuses on produce, but also has a bulk spice section (you can scoop your own and pay by the ounce), and organic and environmentally friendly products, with more vegetarian/vegan options in their frozen section.

When I go to that area of the Villages, maybe once a month, I go on Tuesdays and pick up my ground chuck for $2.99/pound at Fresh Market. Then I get produce and anything else that catches my eye at Sprouts.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I love Sprouts! Great selection of meat, fish and prepared meals. The bakery has very good products and there is a very nice cheese selection. I go there several times a week. Oh, they have great selection of ice cream flavors. I use to go to Publix frequently. Have not returned since Sprouts opened.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

So, based on this thread, I went to Sprouts today and bought a few items. They have some different and interesting things.

When I was checking out, the cashier was putting items in plastic bags, but telling everyone, that starting on July 3, they will only have reusable bags for 10 cents each, or you can bring your own. I told her that, I would probably not be back because of that policy. What a dumb idea. Most of their products come in plastic or glass anyway, and it all gets burned at the garbage incinerator. I also don't shop at Aldi's because of their stupid 25 cent cart deposit. Why inconvenience your customers?
Old 05-26-2023, 12:07 PM
Sage

Still haven't visited them but am interested to go by and look. I'm needing gluten free foods so it might be another option. Publix (for me) has had a great selection and used to go to Neighborhood Walmart but since they remodeled only one time. Didn't like their changes! Kroger Delivery is good too....but it's nice to have options!!!
Old 05-26-2023, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

i really did not want to like that store. i was ready to say everything was overpriced & not worth the $$. i DID go and want to tell you i love it! the produce is the only place to get fresh, not that expensive fruits & veggies. knowing they have that new bag rule kind of messes up my shopping experience, though. i don't use reusables, they can harbor bacteria & i like the smaller bags to line the trash can or pick up dog messes.
Old 05-26-2023, 05:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
No, it's not. Fresh Market is just a "boutique" grocery store, with higher end brands, gourmet options, fancier meats and cheeses and full service butcher.

Sprouts is a health-oriented grocery store that focuses on produce, but also has a bulk spice section (you can scoop your own and pay by the ounce), and organic and environmentally friendly products, with more vegetarian/vegan options in their frozen section.

When I go to that area of the Villages, maybe once a month, I go on Tuesdays and pick up my ground chuck for $2.99/pound at Fresh Market. Then I get produce and anything else that catches my eye at Sprouts.
Good to know. Thank you. I’ll check out Sprouts next time I’m over that way
Old 05-27-2023, 02:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,570 Times in 424 Posts

I’m thrilled to have access to Beecher’s cheese here in The Villages - (for those who have been to their flagship store outside Pike’s Market in Seattle, you know what I’m talking about) - the best cheese for grilled cheese, and otherwise just snacking on, or adding as part of your charcuterie board.

Tags
sprouts, dozen, cars, i’m, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.