Squares opening

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2020, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

What if?

My God the sky is already falling........................
Old 09-25-2020, 01:44 PM
Default Restaurants Now Allowed to Operate at 100%

Florida Governor just opened restaurants for 100% occupancy.

From the news article: "The Friday announcement will allow restaurants to immediately reopen at full capacity and would block cities and counties from ordering restaurants to close unless they can justify a closure for economic or health reasons."

Possibly the squares will follow in a short time.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Anyone apologize to OP for giving correct info, when posters were so negative about OP was wrong
Old 09-25-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Get there early, groups will be limited to 50% of capacity and social distancing.....get ready to rumble.
You have to get tickets ahead of time supposedly..it does not sound good. I’ll just stick to hanging out at the bars. I have been having fun there.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Anyone apologize to OP for giving correct info, when posters were so negative about OP was wrong
Your right he did have the facts and should be thanked.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Can anyone give us an update how the Town Squares are working out ?

- still have to get tickets? if so is it a pain ?
- what is happening if there are no shows - are you let in ? Is it dependent on time / music set ?
- are people sitting on sidewalks ?
- same old entertainment or different ?
- social distancing ?
- size of crowds in and around the squares are compared to before shutdown
Old 10-27-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post

- what is happening if there are no shows - are you let in ? Is it dependent on time / music set ?
- social distancing ?
Getting tickets would only be a pain if you have no idea how to use a computer
If there are no shows, after 6pm, they will allow people in to allowed #
Some sitting in golf carts, but most stay clear. Except those taking photos of those inside
Some regular groups, some I have not seen before, but I may have never noticed
There are so few that you can social distance more than 6 ‘
Size are being regulated to have social distance, so obviously not the same size crowd. But seems to be just residents at this point
Old 10-27-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:

- social distancing ?
We've been to the Squares twice: Once in Spanish Springs, once at Lake Sumter. You do have to get tickets. We plan ahead, and DH gets them online. Easy.

They will let ticket-less people in if the Square is under capacity. We were allowed into Brownwood spur of the moment; The Hooligans were at Lake Sumter, but the Square was full and we were not allowed in.

The only place we saw sidewalk sitters was SS which has spacious sidewalks. At the other squares, people park the golf carts short of the spot, and sit in front in the parking spot. At Brownwood, they also congregate in the undeveloped restaurant porches.

Same entertainment.

People are following social distancing, and the monitors encourage it. Masks are often worn until people get themselves situated, then they are usually removed.

The number of people in the Square is far fewer than pre-pandemic. We had no worries about attending.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
We've been to the Squares twice: Once in Spanish Springs, once at Lake Sumter. You do have to get tickets. We plan ahead, and DH gets them online. Easy.

They will let ticket-less people in if the Square is under capacity. We were allowed into Brownwood spur of the moment; The Hooligans were at Lake Sumter, but the Square was full and we were not allowed in.

The only place we saw sidewalk sitters was SS which has spacious sidewalks. At the other squares, people park the golf carts short of the spot, and sit in front in the parking spot. At Brownwood, they also congregate in the undeveloped restaurant porches.

Same entertainment.

People are following social distancing, and the monitors encourage it. Masks are often worn until people get themselves situated, then they are usually removed.

The number of people in the Square is far fewer than pre-pandemic. We had no worries about attending.
Thanks for the info - I went online to see how easy it is to get a pass. I got as far as "print out you receipt". This looked like a confirmation sheet - is that the pass you take to the square for admittance ?
Old 10-27-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info - I went online to see how easy it is to get a pass. I got as far as "print out you receipt". This looked like a confirmation sheet - is that the pass you take to the square for admittance ?

Yes, it is. They will scan it, just as they would for The Sharon or Savannah. They give it back to you so you can leave the Square and re-enter if you like. They also scan if you leave. I think it gives them a better head count.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
I don’t print, saving as many trees as possible. Show tickets on my phone they scan with no problems
Old 10-27-2020, 04:51 PM
Veteran member

I am impressed the opening of the squares seemed to have no impact on the local COVID numbers or hospitalization rates. They are doing a good job of opening safely.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:

- social distancing ?

At LSL we always see people sitting around their golf carts on at least 3 sides of the square. NO ONE is sitting on the sidewalks. That is not permitted. The "security guards" will chase them away. Very few are wearing masks in the square and many groups are sitting together. There is lots of open space if one wants to "social distance."

As for tickets. just go after 6PM.

They let anyone in WITHOUT TICKETS after 6PM as long as there is less than their max number of people there (whatever that number is). Other than for The Hooligans or possibly the 2 or 3 days we missed at LSL over the last couple weeks between 5-6PM it has been pretty empty. Any time we asked they said "you could go right in."

They should dispense with the tickets and since they are counting entries anyway just count people as they go in. Once the "no ticket" folks are allowed in I would think scanning people in/out doesn't mean much.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 10-27-2020 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
No, the "print out your receipt" is just what it says, it's a "receipt", not a ticket. They send you the actual ticket, as a pdf attachment, to the email address you have registered with them. You should receive the emailed ticket shortly after you submit what you have added to your "shopping cart". Once you receive your emailed ticket, just download the pdf attachment to your hard drive and then print it out on your printer. You don't have to show the entire 8.5 x 11 paper to the ticket scanner, just cut out the ticket which is about 2" x 7"., that's all they need to see. They scan the bar code that is on the ticket.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,856 Times in 893 Posts

So tickets versus first come first serve to maximum allowed. Both concepts or approaches would work, so what did the chosen approach say about the attitudes/preferences of those who made the decision?

Yes, this an analytic question about the human behaviors or biases on display, therefore any answers are opinions are not right or wrong.

My interpretation is that there is an element of interest of who or how many which is always of interest in the sales and marketing of the villages, as well as the staffing and supply management. My other interpretation is one of control in the current environment, which is understandable. Now NH restaurants are taking names and addresses of patrons for contact tracing and advanced notices of exposure versus after the fact you been exposed and spreading. My boss got a text or phone message recently that he had played hockey in the last week with several who have tested positive, but I don't quite give FL that proactive explanation, especially with the 100% rule now open.

So I am going to interpret the choice between tickets and first come first served as optimistically, a marketing / expectational way of managing the supply chain and creating a revenue forecast basis from their commercial tenants. In the commercial retail financial management viewpoint, predicting future revenue streams does help predict demand to supply relationships, as well as any lending repayment restrictions or expectations. . . The square is a commercial operation which has had their business hit very hard due to the customer demographics.

any other interpretations with a bit of reasoning? always interested in understanding motivations. . .

sportsguy
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, opening, october, yea, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.