St Catherine Pool Use

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2021, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Again, you are right. Since I pay for the pool it IS my business. I believe there is nowhere in the deed restrictions which explicitly says contractors are allowed to use any amenities or that men can use the ladies. If people were considerate in the first place, men took turns one at a time waiting… if they have no time it is not the residents’ fault. Perhaps this permission to use the facilities needs to be examined.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
The bathrooms at the adult pools are 1 stall. Lock the door and nobody can enter. I do not see any problem of anyone using either bathroom. If she was so frightened she should have left.

I go to Paradise Rec, but the ladies room is large with 3 or 4 adjacent stalls, is it different at st cath?
Old 06-23-2021, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
I go to Paradise Rec, but the ladies room is large with 3 or 4 adjacent stalls, is it different at st cath?
Every adult pool I have been to South of 466 has single stall rest t rooms. The pool where I live is on Canal and a lot of workers stop there.
I have no problem with them using the rest rooms.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlbonivich View Post
Much rather they use the pool bath than just going around the back and going anywhere. If they are neat and not damaging anything mind your own business

Of course, they can use the facility, my opinion. I just feel men should go into men's bathrooms.
If it's just a single powder room type, unisex is fine.
But I would not want to be in a ladies bathroom(plural) and having men walk in.
In addition, some men may not realize, allot of women wear one piece suits, therefore when using toilet they have removed all clothing.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
It makes sense to use the rec center, NOT the ladies, people, unless you are a female. In fact, when I mentioned this thread to hubby (to get a guy’s point of view) he suggested the same thing.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Every adult pool I have been to South of 466 has single stall rest t rooms. The pool where I live is on Canal and a lot of workers stop there.
I have no problem with them using the rest rooms.

Oh...didn't know. Ty
Old 06-23-2021, 11:31 AM
Gold member

This is the first post for the 2 women complaining. If you were so "afraid" then why didn't you leave sooner instead of staying for a 1 1/2 hours??? (You probably spent more time watch all 19 of them, then they did watching you.) And how the heck can someone using a rest room be Intimidating residents. It's been going on for years and if that's the closest place to answer "the call of nature" so be it.

From everything I've ever heard you should be in a pool by yourself anyway. Come to think of it, a gentleman had a heart attack several years ago at the Duval pool and thank heavens he wasn't alone.

I don't have a problem with the contractors using the pools. They build the roads, homes, take care of landscaping, etc. for which I am grateful and I would not be a snob and begrudge them the use of a bathroom.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaEden View Post
A shout out to our Villages rec and pool representative, Taylor. I called regarding the constant use of the adult pool restrooms, by 19 service and contractors between 8:30 and 10:00 this morning. I was the only person in the pool and felt unsafe. The men were even using the women's restroom. The contractors are allowed to use rec center restrooms but not the pool. He is going to monitor this!
In the new areas where there is a lot of construction going on, people may need to use the pool restrooms to pee.

I really would never have thought about it being dangerous.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I’m new here and I wish i could see some workers around my pool in Hawkins because I DON’T KNOW HOW TO GET INTO THE POOL!??!? Haha, nobody ever told me that in my orientation and I consider myself a pretty smart person who can figure out most things but i have no clue how to get in that gate.
Pull the KNOB at the very top UP. It does not look like a regular gate latch.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKELLYNY View Post
You felt unsafe? Your a selfish idiot.
First of all... It's *you're...

Secondly, nice personal attack of a woman...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-23-2021, 01:59 PM
Default Reminds me of "The Help"

I guess people would prefer to have "service" men pee up against the side of their homes. Or you could invite them into your house. What is wrong with you people? Such snobs.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
I guess people would prefer to have "service" men pee up against the side of their homes. Or you could invite them into your house. What is wrong with you people? Such snobs.
How many "service" men have you invited into your home? Or are you also a snob?

-Tom Petty
Old 06-23-2021, 02:08 PM
Sage

I was just down in the area that the OP described. Hubby and I were looking for Magnolia Plaza but took a wrong route. Now I really understand what the OP is talking about. A lot of bare areas, much heavy equipment, many workers. There is no excuse, absolutely no excuse why there is not one port-o-potty in sight! In the city these units are always on site when such extensive work is being done. It is completely inappropriate and possibly dangerous for so many workers to use a private pool area. That is not part of our sales agreement.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:11 PM

We teach wives and daughters to consider every male a potential rapist? Really? What the heck is wrong with people?
Old 06-23-2021, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I was just down in the area that the OP described. Hubby and I were looking for Magnolia Plaza but took a wrong route. Now I really understand what the OP is talking about. A lot of bare areas, much heavy equipment, many workers. There is no excuse, absolutely no excuse why there is not one port-o-potty in sight! In the city these units are always on site when such extensive work is being done. It is completely inappropriate and possibly dangerous for so many workers to use a private pool area. That is not part of our sales agreement.
Your sales agreement states workers can not use the bathrooms at the pools? I can not fathom what would be dangerous!
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, rec, restrooms, contractors, felt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.