St. Patrick's Day Parade

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default St. Patrick's Day Parade

I've received quite a few messages asking about what is happening at the squares to celebrate St. Patrick's day. I just received an email stating the following information.

OUR RESIDENTS PARADE IS MONDAY, MARCH 18TH AT 3:30 PM IN SPANISH SPRINGS.

Apparently there hasn't been any advertising of the residents parade that will take place on Monday. There is some information in the Sun, that at 4:45 today, there will be some sort of celebration.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-17-2013, 10:18 AM

Here is more detail in an email that I just received:

Special E-Notice about the Residents Irish Parade. Read and Forward.
Regards
POA Board
Irish Parade - Pass the word

The POA needs your help. We have assisted the residents who wanted to continue having parades in the squares and they have been working diligently on the Irish parade. Unfortunately, even though the Recreation Department is co-sponsoring the parade with the residents, neither the Daily Sun nor the Villages radio would provide any publicity opportunities for the parade committee. Below is a memo from Jackie Campbell, the Chair of the Resident Parade Committee. You can help by attending the parade and/or passing this email along to anyone you believe might be interested in attending.
Elaine Dreidame,
POA President

To my friends, club members and all Villages residents
I am sorry about the lack of advertising in the Daily Sun on the Irish Parade that is scheduled on Monday, March 18th at 3:30 PM at Spanish Springs. The Resident Parade Committee (RPC) has received numerous calls and e-mails on the lack of publicity for our 1st Resident Irish Parade. Believe me, we have tried to get on the radio and reached out to the Daily Sun but I feel we are up against a brick wall!
Remember when our relatives arrived from Ireland they had to fight for everything they received so we can do the same. This is our grass root connection.
We can do our own advertising to get the word out to everyone. Please forward this email to all your friends, club members and friends who live in other communities to let them know
OUR RESIDENTS IRISH PARADE IS MONDAY, MARCH 18TH AT 3:30 PM IN SPANISH SPRINGS.
Thank you for your support,
Jackie Campbell
Chairperson - RPC
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 AM

I just received this notice this morning:

POA
PROPERTY OWNERS' ASSOCIATION of The Villages
Special E-Notice

Greetings, Karl Strauch from your POA Officers & Directors.
Special E-Notice about the Residents Irish Parade. Read and Forward.
Regards
POA Board
Irish Parade - Pass the word

The POA needs your help. We have assisted the residents who wanted to continue having parades in the squares and they have been working diligently on the Irish parade. Unfortunately, even though the Recreation Department is co-sponsoring the parade with the residents, neither the Daily Sun nor the Villages radio would provide any publicity opportunities for the parade committee. Below is a memo from Jackie Campbell, the Chair of the Resident Parade Committee. You can help by attending the parade and/or passing this email along to anyone you believe might be interested in attending.
Elaine Dreidame,
POA President

To my friends, club members and all Villages residents
I am sorry about the lack of advertising in the Daily Sun on the Irish Parade that is scheduled on Monday, March 18th at 3:30 PM at Spanish Springs. The Resident Parade Committee (RPC) has received numerous calls and e-mails on the lack of publicity for our 1st Resident Irish Parade. Believe me, we have tried to get on the radio and reached out to the Daily Sun but I feel we are up against a brick wall!
Remember when our relatives arrived from Ireland they had to fight for everything they received so we can do the same. This is our grass root connection.
We can do our own advertising to get the word out to everyone. Please forward this email to all your friends, club members and friends who live in other communities to let them know
OUR RESIDENTS IRISH PARADE IS MONDAY, MARCH 18TH AT 3:30 PM IN SPANISH SPRINGS.
Thank you for your support,
Jackie Campbell
Chairperson - RPC
Property Owners' Association, P.O. Box 1657, Lady Lake, FL 32158-1657 Property Owners, Association of Florida
Unsubscribe / Change Profile
Powered by YMLP
Old 03-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I've received quite a few messages asking about what is happening at the squares to celebrate St. Patrick's day. I just received an email stating the following information.

OUR RESIDENTS PARADE IS MONDAY, MARCH 18TH AT 3:30 PM IN SPANISH SPRINGS.

Apparently there hasn't been any advertising of the residents parade that will take place on Monday. There is some information in the Sun, that at 4:45 today, there will be some sort of celebration.
Daily Sun, Saturday March 16,2013, Local Section, page 9.
Two color maps of the squares, times and days, column of explanation.
Perhaps a complete read of the Daily Sun is necessary.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Daily Sun, Saturday March 16,2013, Local Section, page 9.
Two color maps of the squares, times and days, column of explanation.
Perhaps a complete read of the Daily Sun is necessary.
Complete read indicates the festivities start at 4:45 PM on Monday at Spanish Springs. Unfortunately, the parade starts at 3:30 PM. Do you think it is a typo???
Old 03-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post
Complete read indicates the festivities start at 4:45 PM on Monday at Spanish Springs. Unfortunately, the parade starts at 3:30 PM. Do you think it is a typo???
I don't know maybe the 3:30 time is the parade forming time or maybe its wrong. Or maybe its a typo.
In any event if you wait till 3:30 or 4:45 to arrive you will not get within a mile of the square.......................
Old 03-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Veteran member

As clearly stated by the POA, the Daily Sun and Villages radio station will not mention or advertise the parade. So there is no mention of the parade in the paper and it's not a typo it's an intentional omission.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
As clearly stated by the POA, the Daily Sun and Villages radio station will not mention or advertise the parade. So there is no mention of the parade in the paper and it's not a typo it's an intentional omission.
What? Go look at Saturdays paper.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
What? Go look at Saturdays paper.
Saturday's Daily Sun local page 9 headline "St Patrick's Day events begin this weekend" Breaks down starting times from 4:45 to 9PM. So please tell us all where you can find the word "parade" anywhere in the events article and what the starting time of the parade is, from reading the Daily Sun. Or for that matter, where else in the paper the residents parade is mentioned. My "complete" reads can't find even the single word parade in any part of the paper.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Unless I missed something in Saturday's Villages Daily Sun, neither the article on page C9 or the display ad on page A5 make any mention of a parade. Both make extensive use of the word "festival" but the word "parade" must have been deleted from my edition.
My understanding is that parade organizers were told this private event must be over by 4:45 on Monday so that the festival could begin.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Saturday's Daily Sun local page 9 headline "St Patrick's Day events begin this weekend" Breaks down starting times from 4:45 to 9PM. So please tell us all where you can find the word "parade" anywhere in the events article and what the starting time of the parade is, from reading the Daily Sun. Or for that matter, where else in the paper the residents parade is mentioned. My "complete" reads can't find even the single word parade in any part of the paper.
I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Could it be the entertainment owner now has censorship authority?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
Unless I missed something in Saturday's Villages Daily Sun, neither the article on page C9 or the display ad on page A5 make any mention of a parade. Both make extensive use of the word "festival" but the word "parade" must have been deleted from my edition.
My understanding is that parade organizers were told this private event must be over by 4:45 on Monday so that the festival could begin.
Give me a break,with these parades
Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoshow View Post
Give me a break,with these parades
Real simple, if you see a thread titled "St Patrick's Day Parade", don't read it.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:49 PM

On the cover of The Villages Recreation News the date and time of the parade are advertised on the top. I have not noticed it mentioned in the newspaper.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Could it be the entertainment owner now has censorship authority?
Bogie, What did the manager say when you spoke to him
Skip 2
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.