St. Patrick's Parade in Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default St. Patrick's Parade in Spanish Springs

I went to see a chick flick in SS yesterday afternoon and I was leaving the movie house the Parade came by, in fact the Virginia Marching Band came by and what a great sight and sound they made. I was transformed back to my old home town where small parades were held for every possible event that needed to be celebrated.

It's been a long time since I bothered to go and watch any of the Parades, but I am so glad I was there yesterday. It was a perfect spring day, there were people of all ages, young families, young children and babies in strollers, enjoying a good old fashioned American event.

Well done to the organizers!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Sage

Tried to get there but traffic was backed up on Rio Grand and Del Mar. It looked packed!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-18-2017, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Tried to get there but traffic was backed up on Rio Grand and Del Mar. It looked packed!!!
It was packed to the max Joe, but where I came out of the movie house the sidewalk is very wide and I was able to stand there for a time and just watch and listen. I had parked across from the Hotel and as I drove away dozens of people were still arriving, cars and carts were parked everywhere. I turned onto Avenida and both the Anglican Church and the Catholic Church Parking Lots were jam packed with cars. This was just one side of the town square so I cannot imagine what parking was like around the other three sides. The merchants and the restaurants must have done a huge business.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

What chick flick did you see?

I was down south yesterday afternoon seeing Kong: Skull Island but had planned perhaps to see Hidden Figures at the Rialto but worried about finding parking because of the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

My mother's maiden name is Doyle so I am fairly Irish on that side with some Scotch, Welsh and English thrown is and probably some Celt as well and maybe even some Viking. Could be some Spanish as well from survivors of the Spanish Armada that managed to find mates back then.

As well as groups described by this link--
Blood of the Irish: What DNA Tells Us About the Ancestry of People in Ireland | Owlcation
Old 03-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Passed on it because of the crowds and we love parades. Ok if you can get there early but we couldn't yesterday due to prior commitments.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
What chick flick did you see?
Tal, I went to see "A Year by the Sea". I have already read both that book and her prior book "An Unfinished Marriage" and loved both of those. I really wish I had not seen the movie because it really did not gibe too much with the book. But, there you are, you win some and you lose some!

Closed Thread

Tags
parades, young, event, parade, yesterday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.