STAR Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Default STAR Golf Carts

China is marketing an electric golf cart in the USA at very attractive prices...less than $4000 for a high speed cart with lights, horn, signals and many other features. Its called STAR.

Does anyone have a STAR cart, know anyone who does, if yes, what are their experiences with the cart.

Also, which is the best brand of golf cart to buy...should it be new or remanufactured?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Default Re: STAR Golf Carts

We bought a Star last year. It runs well and is fairly fast. So far no complaints.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

With all that is being reported in the news about China products, I would be carefull.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:54 PM

Larrylube,
Did you buy the STAR cart locally or from the internet?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 PM

I went looking for Star golf carts on the internet and couldn't find anything. Does anyone have a web site for them?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Veteran member

http://exportscooter.en.alibaba.com/...Golf_Cart.html

I expect a full report back on this item for this weekends homework ;D
handie
:edit:
Old 07-26-2007, 05:43 PM

I bought off a guy who was getting a gas one. There is a place on 441/27 up near beals/lowes that sells them. If I remember correctly they are right next to the bank that is on the most southern entrance to that shopping center. I will look for the name of the place and post it here later for you...
Old 07-26-2007, 05:45 PM

by the way that link above is not the golf cart I got. It looks just like any other golf cart you would see in the villages. I don't know of any one who would get one like that
Old 07-26-2007, 06:52 PM

I purchased a Star golf cart a few weeks ago from the dealer on 441/27. So far very pleased with the performance.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:13 PM

When you say high speed, what kind of speed are you talking about?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I would stick with the proven American carts. If you have a problem a couple years down the road and Star is out of business what will you do, send it back to China for service? I like EZ GO for gas and either Club Car or Par Car for electric
Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 AM

Gas Vs Electric. I know the electric is much quieter, but how many hours of run time do you normally get on a charge. How often do people get stuck away from home because of dead battery?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Platinum member

Gwen:
I try to follow the advice I was given when I first got my electric: charge it every time you pull into your garage.
Now, that's not really, really necessary, but it'll help prevent dying while you're a long way from home!
I recently had an issue with ever-shortening charged times, found I had a bad battery. Still and all, I find I average roughly 60 minutes before my so-called gauge indicates I'm at about half charge. My usual pattern involves maybe one 40-45 minute run a week, with lots of 5-10 minutes in between.
Just charge often!
And, as I mentioned in another thread on these pages, if you hope to golf way up along SR42 (Mulberry Grove) and live way down on CR466A (say, Duval), you'll maybe want gas, as that's roughly 15 miles each way!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Default STAR Golf Carts

Anyone care to update their experience with a STAR Golf Cart?

I am considering purchasing one...

John
Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydube View Post
There is a place on 441/27 up near beals/lowes that sells them. If I remember correctly they are right next to the bank that is on the most southern entrance to that shopping center. I will look for the name of the place and post it here later for you...
You are referring to K & H Golf Carts which no longer sells Star Carts. The manufacturer took away the franchising licence from K & H Carts, because of poor service and complaints. We have a 2007 Star, that had problems right off the lot. K & H Carts from owner to cart service department could not be trusted, a fabricator of the truth, and extended periods without for the 3 times back to the shop. Get what you pay for were our thoughts. WRONG.
Golf Cart Connection took over the warranty for Star.......2 weeks after sending to their Mount Dora facility (11/30/07) we got our cart back. During those 2 weeks we were kept informed of the progress, the problem and the solution. Excellent customer, and technical service. We have not had a problem since. We have a 2008 Precedent Club Cart also, I prefer The Star. Nice look, drives great.
Buying a cart, look at the what you get after your purchase. K & H Golf Carts is a joke, compared to really customer service. Golf Cart Connection and Star Carts, recommend.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.