Starting To Wonder

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2019, 11:55 PM
Bosoxfan
Default Starting To Wonder

It's coming up on 2 years since the first residents of Fenney moved in and there still isn't a championship golf course .Also there's only one restaurant and no commercial shopping. I know there will be a shopping area in the next year or so but no championship golf..no mention of a square in the near future.I don't know about you but I'm. starting to worry.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:20 AM
Sage

My only suggestion is to stop worrying.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:44 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

The first championship course is being built south of 468 and east of the Turnpike and the square was mentioned months ago just won't say where exactly it will be located. You should read the newspaper more often,
Old 03-12-2019, 05:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The first championship course is being built south of 468 and east of the Turnpike and the square was mentioned months ago just won't say where exactly it will be located. You should read the newspaper more often,
Not to mention the new shopping plaza near the Everglades Rec Center.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Past performance and history can/should ease your need to worry!!
Old 03-12-2019, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

I can't wait years for The Villages to build this stuff---at my age I don't by green bananas!
Old 03-12-2019, 08:11 AM
Sage

Dirt work and drainage work has begun for the Champ course, but it will be minimum 18 months before the first t-time.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
I can't wait years for The Villages to build this stuff---at my age I don't by green bananas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Dirt work and drainage work has begun for the Champ course, but it will be minimum 18 months before the first t-time.
Just seems they're more focused on building neighborhoods then amenities. This seems to be opposite of what they've done in the past. 18more months until there will be a championship course brings it to almost 4 years without that amenity down here. Another year or so before we see a grocery store brings that to 3 years .And who knows when a "square " will be done.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Why worry???

Old 03-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-14-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage

If you're living here now there's a good chance that the next square will be further from your home than Brownwood is today. They own a ton of property down here and there is no end in sight regarding how far south they will build and a new square may well be south of 470 on the way to Webster, who knows. It's only 5 miles to Kristine Way to go shopping for food, gas, banks, etc. I'm sure there are lots of homes north of 44 that are 5 miles away from a Publix, etc. We have been here since May of 2017 and it really has not been a problem. That being said, we are quite a distance from large stores such as Walmart, Target, Belks, etc. but I have a feeling that with the number of people what will be living down here the other stores will be coming sooner than later. I don't have a problem with any of it, I'm just glad that the building in Fenney is completed, it's a lot more quiet and cleaner now that the construction traffic is out of here.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I know of one sale they lost, I met my new neighbors on Saturday. He's not a golfer, but saw there was a lack of shopping and thought the new homes were a little over priced for what they were offering and not near the squares or other amenties. He said his Villages Agent showed him plenty of new homes down there and they had just moved here from Hawaii so their budget could afford just about anything. He said he also heard about the death of a resident from West Nile Virus.

They chose a resale in The Village of Tamarind Grove off St. Charles and Buena Vista. It's a 2011 built masonry 3 BR CYV with everything done inside plus a birdcage saltwater pool on a corner lot, they paid $400K and now they're just a 20 minute cart ride from from LSL or Brownwood. They were very happy with their new home. This is their backyard.

The Villages Florida
I don't see what this proves, happens every day, going in both directions.

As to lack of everything......
I remember when we and others had to go to Ocala for the Home Depot. I don't recall a lot of worrying.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:04 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

I remember when we and others had to go to Ocala for the Home Depot. I don't recall a lot of worrying.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

Just proves that on a drizzly day, people will find anything to b%$$ and moan about...even people that aren't affected by living south of 44.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I know of one sale they lost, I met my new neighbors on Saturday. He's not a golfer, but saw there was a lack of shopping and thought the new homes were a little over priced for what they were offering and not near the squares or other amenties. He said his Villages Agent showed him plenty of new homes down there and they had just moved here from Hawaii so their budget could afford just about anything. He said he also heard about the death of a resident from West Nile Virus.

They chose a resale in The Village of Tamarind Grove off St. Charles and Buena Vista. It's a 2011 built masonry 3 BR CYV with everything done inside plus a birdcage saltwater pool on a corner lot, they paid $400K and now they're just a 20 minute cart ride from from LSL or Brownwood. They were very happy with their new home. This is their backyard.

The Villages Florida
They lose sales every day. If everyone wanted to live South of 44 re-sales up North would be at highly discounted prices. That is not the case, there are hundreds of people that choose to buy re-sales north of 44 I believe there are over 2000 re-sales per year in TV most of which are north of 44, not everyone want's to be down here but quite a few do and it's great that buyers have that choice to make.
Closed Thread

Tags
championship, shopping, golf, starting, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.