Starting To Wonder

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2019, 11:45 AM

To late!!! When you toke the half hour bus ride from Brownwood to Fenney and you didn’t see any thing but open fields the WTF button should have went off.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I am sure that the amenities will come and not disappoint. It's just the order in which they are being completed. It used to be here is the golf course, the rec center, the town square, and here is your home site.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2019, 02:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I'm sure there are lots of homes north of 44 that are 5 miles away from a Publix, etc.
Off topic, but is this true? What villages are 5 miles from a grocery store?

With the latest flyover showing they are readying ground for the first commercial center in Southern Oaks, those folks also will have quick access to the market.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Default Fenny

I think that this was all known when Fenny et.al. were first published in the SUN. We closed on our Villa the day Fenny was announced, That has been about 2 years ago.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markue View Post
To late!!! When you toke the half hour bus ride from Brownwood to Fenney and you didn’t see any thing but open fields the WTF button should have went off.

We've certainly enjoyed reading this thread as we were encouraged to check out Fenney. Thank you to everyone.

We skipped that tour, drove ourselves down from Spanish Springs Marriott. We stopped at the visitor center there and agent suggested we visit Fenney after a short chat. Until then, we knew little about TV. 3 days checking out TV told us a lot, and the forums are very useful.

We live in Oregon and have just embarked on our discovery journey to consider for our retirement home. We were at TV to surprise my aunt on her 80th birthday. She's lived there for 15 years.

We checked out Fenney after sales agent encouraged us to. Spartan, sterile, but new was our first impression, and far, far from everything. Sure, those improvements will come, but driving everywhere is not in our long term plans.

We walked the Spanish Springs and Sumter Lake areas. We took the tram tour offered in the Sumter Lake area. We also drove the East and West side boundaries of TV, as well as the east/West highways that cross TV.

No decisions after visiting for 3 days, so we'll be back later in the fall for an extended stay. We liked how everyone was friendly and welcoming. We also had a chance to visit Trilogy down in Grovelad to visit my wife's friend.

TV is definitely going to be what we compare all other retirement possibilities. Only negatives we see are Summers and lack of Kaiser Permanente as a healthcare/Medicare option.

Question: ever cross paths with anyone from Oregon living in TV?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 03-24-2019, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,740 Posts

Interesting thread.

Last edited by Velvet; 04-13-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2inOR View Post
We've certainly enjoyed reading this thread as we were encouraged to check out Fenney. Thank you to everyone.

We skipped that tour, drove ourselves down from Spanish Springs Marriott. We stopped at the visitor center there and agent suggested we visit Fenney after a short chat. Until then, we knew little about TV. 3 days checking out TV told us a lot, and the forums are very useful.

We live in Oregon and have just embarked on our discovery journey to consider for our retirement home. We were at TV to surprise my aunt on her 80th birthday. She's lived there for 15 years.

We checked out Fenney after sales agent encouraged us to. Spartan, sterile, but new was our first impression, and far, far from everything. Sure, those improvements will come, but driving everywhere is not in our long term plans.

We walked the Spanish Springs and Sumter Lake areas. We took the tram tour offered in the Sumter Lake area. We also drove the East and West side boundaries of TV, as well as the east/West highways that cross TV.

No decisions after visiting for 3 days, so we'll be back later in the fall for an extended stay. We liked how everyone was friendly and welcoming. We also had a chance to visit Trilogy down in Grovelad to visit my wife's friend.

TV is definitely going to be what we compare all other retirement possibilities. Only negatives we see are Summers and lack of Kaiser Permanente as a healthcare/Medicare option.

Question: ever cross paths with anyone from Oregon living in TV?

Mike
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
According to a poster on another thread, according to The A4 Villages Daily Sun numbers for households whose people claim these states as hometowns are:

Oregon - 69 households
Old 03-24-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

I might have to go and steal their pool. The whole thing. Just - transplant it into my back yard. Pretty sure it'll fit. Would someone please remind me where I parked my magic wand?
Old 03-24-2019, 01:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Interesting thread. Now I see why my realtor’s eyes glazed over when I showed her my list of significant factors for buying in TV. The third on the list said: “Walking distance from grocery store”.
Dont see too many people walking home carrying groceries.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:18 PM
Sage

True.

Last edited by Velvet; 04-13-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Interesting thread. Now I see why my realtor’s eyes glazed over when I showed her my list of significant factors for buying in TV. The third on the list said: “Walking distance from grocery store”.
I can walk to Winn Dixie in 7 minutes. I do it a couple of times a week when I only need an item or two.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:31 PM
Sage

Yes!!

Last edited by Velvet; 04-13-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Never said to my schedule.Just basing my concerns based on the past..Since I've been here almost 10 years I've never seen them take 4 years to build a Championship course in an area that needs one or two. Yes I chose to move down here and I don't regret it at all . I have absolutely no problem getting in my car to play golf North of 44 ... please don't tell me I "SHOULDN'T " raise a concern if I have one.
I guess the question is what did you expect when raising the concern...total agreement with you, no dissenting opinion or suggestions on how to mitigate? If someone believes your concern is unwarranted they shouldn't comment? Just curious. The off topic responses excluded.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-24-2019, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I might have to go and steal their pool. The whole thing. Just - transplant it into my back yard. Pretty sure it'll fit. Would someone please remind me where I parked my magic wand?
Aren’t you near the Orange Blossom Country Club? They have the nicest pool in the Villages. Though the Fenney one is very nice.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Off topic, but is this true? What villages are 5 miles from a grocery store?

With the latest flyover showing they are readying ground for the first commercial center in Southern Oaks, those folks also will have quick access to the market.
///
Closed Thread

Tags
championship, shopping, golf, starting, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.