Starting To Wonder

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Not to mention the new shopping plaza near the Everglades Rec Center.
Does this shopping plaza have a Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, JoAnn's, Best Buy, Kohl's, Kirkland, Pier One, Michael's, Staples, etc, etc, etc?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
I can't wait years for The Villages to build this stuff---at my age I don't by green bananas!
That's funny!!! Is it OK with you if I use that line?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Does this shopping plaza have a Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, JoAnn's, Best Buy, Kohl's, Kirkland, Pier One, Michael's, Staples, etc, etc, etc?
Cheap shot!
Old 03-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Dirt work and drainage work has begun for the Champ course, but it will be minimum 18 months before the first t-time.
My doctor says 15 months would be a better first tee time!
Old 03-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
I guess if you need to visit all those stores on a regular basis, and you can’t take the commute, then that should be a factor for where you live. For most of us, it’s a non issue. I live just north of 44, and shop at Sam’s usually once a week. For me, I don’t need a store within walking distance.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Cold no more suggested this idea a couple of weeks ago and he well may have been right, that people generally are not as interested in golf as they once were.

If that is so, then I am sure The Villages will be onto the trend. OR NOT...….

Read this on the subject of golf from Forbes Magazine;
How A Declining Middle Class Is Killing Golf
Old 03-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Cheap shot!

Cheap shot, or Chip shot??
Old 03-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If I wanted all those stores in my backyard I would have never left Long Island. I do think you'll see another square and at some point more stores will be coming but remember several old time stores are starting to close as online shopping and fast delivery like Amazon are getting bigger and better.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Cheap shot, or Chip shot??
You decide
Old 03-12-2019, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Did you hear about the new Costco they're building down there?

Old 03-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Bosoxfan

My main concern is the championship golf courses...one can only play 4 executive courses for so long
Old 03-12-2019, 02:07 PM

IMHO - they will build less Regulation (none are Championship) courses in this area as golf is losing popularity. The Morse family is very good at predicting trends!

I believe you will see MORE varied amenities similar to what they are building now.

Shopping will come with time. Retailers wont rent space if the population does not warrant the expense. Until homes are built and sold, residents will be inconvenienced a little.

Square - don't hold your breath. It will happen. I believe the County mandates it when they approved the expansion. I don't think you will see as many similarities to what they have built in the past. Times change, we will see less brick & mortar stores.

I'm excited to see what the developer does. They have done a magnificent job so far. That's why I moved here.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
My main concern is the championship golf courses...one can only play 4 executive courses for so long

You might want to buy a car.....there are plenty of championship golf courses north of 44 (of course that means you might have to travel 10 minutes).

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-12-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
It's coming up on 2 years since the first residents of Fenney moved in and there still isn't a championship golf course .Also there's only one restaurant and no commercial shopping. I know there will be a shopping area in the next year or so but no championship golf..no mention of a square in the near future.I don't know about you but I'm. starting to worry.
Easy, sell the place and buy north..In T.V. we all realize, life is short, no time to waste...
Old 03-12-2019, 02:43 PM

It's approaching the point where we'll be more concerned with how far away the closest Amazon distribution center is than the closest brick and mortar store of your choosing. I live south of 44 and moved down here with no intention of buying down here. Haven't regretted a minute of it. As long as we get somewhere closer to buy groceries and fill a cart up with gas every couple of weeks, that will satisfy me as everything else, food and retail, is "close enough". There is plenty of land sitting down here that is zoned "commercial", but they are not going to open up businesses and take a loss until the population meets their thresholds. Every big box business has demographic metrics that determine whether or not their business should be profitable in a given location and they typically don't invest based on projections or potential. Once those metrics start getting met and exceeded, they will come.

I can't count how many times I've driven to local brick and mortar stores looking for specific items, only to find things not in stock or not in my size. Then I go back home and order what I want online. Sometimes I order what I want while I'm still standing there in the store, disappointed that I can't get it right there.
Closed Thread

Tags
championship, shopping, golf, starting, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.