Starting To Wonder

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Did you hear about the new Costco they're building down there?

Old 03-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Veteran member

I know what the problem is. It's those dang-blasted interlopers from Wildwood trespassing on their golf carts. That's what is holding everything back.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 03-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The first championship course is being built south of 468 and east of the Turnpike and the square was mentioned months ago just won't say where exactly it will be located. You should read the newspaper more often,
Please note that the OP lives down the road from you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Please note that the OP lives down the road from you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
And?
Old 03-12-2019, 04:15 PM

I am in DeSoto and no issues with the pace of development. We were told there would be championship course built but no date for completion. The car ride to the courses north of 44 are pretty short and I have had no issue getting tee times for executive or championship courses. Publix is 10 minutes away and WalMart is less than 30 minutes in Leesburg. I kind of dread all the commercial growth because that will mean more people and more traffic. Right now it is very easy to get around compared to where I moved from. I love it here but I could see why people want to be where everything is already completed. On the cost of homes, we found we got more bang for our buck down south.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

I heard they were taking a page from the Walgreen's play book and were going to to put one on every corner down there.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Bosoxfan

Why can't anyone bring up a concern on this forum anymore. No I won't be selling my house and moving North, yes I have 2 cars .These idiotic posts are b.s. answer the concern or shut the he'll up
Old 03-12-2019, 06:27 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
I know what the problem is. It's those dang-blasted interlopers from Wildwood trespassing on their golf carts. That's what is holding everything back.
Another idiotic post.You don't like my concerns or threads please don't feel the need to interject this crap
Old 03-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I guess if you need to visit all those stores on a regular basis, and you can’t take the commute, then that should be a factor for where you live. For most of us, it’s a non issue. I live just north of 44, and shop at Sam’s usually once a week. For me, I don’t need a store within walking distance.
I'm done having to "commute" to a shopping area. I drove 25 minutes in NJ at 70 mph on the Garden State Parkway to get there. I'm not doing that anymore. Love my location which is close to shopping and I don't have to plan my shopping around a commute.

As other people have said, all in due time will the big retail stores come south of 44. I prefer not to have to wait for them. They were all in place nice and close before we moved to The Villages.

Last edited by coffeebean; 03-12-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:

I have heard that but then others have said it is rumors. To think.... I was 7 minutes away from a Costco in NJ.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Why can't anyone bring up a concern on this forum anymore. No I won't be selling my house and moving North, yes I have 2 cars .These idiotic posts are b.s. answer the concern or shut the he'll up

I was thinking the same thing. Not cool, folks.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
This is why, we can't have nice things...
Old 03-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Just seems they're more focused on building neighborhoods then amenities. This seems to be opposite of what they've done in the past. 18more months until there will be a championship course brings it to almost 4 years without that amenity down here. Another year or so before we see a grocery store brings that to 3 years .And who knows when a "square " will be done.
Most championship courses have an abundance of tee times available (singles and twosomes); just the opposite for the execs - very few tee times. It seems a lot of people prefer free golf over priority memberships and green fees; that's why you seeing an abundance of execs being built.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
The reason as to why you shouldn't raise a concern is that you are the one that chose to move down to McClure. Now you raise the concern that there is not a championship golf course being built to your schedule. Maybe you should have waited if it is that important.

Your concern reminds me of the folks back home who move into the new condos in the 'hip' part of town that happen to be next to the train tracks. They then sue the railroad and city because the trains come through at night.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
The reason as to why you shouldn't raise a concern is that you are the one that chose to move down to McClure. Now you raise the concern that there is not a championship golf course being built to your schedule. Maybe you should have waited if it is that important.

Your concern reminds me of the folks back home who move into the new condos in the 'hip' part of town that happen to be next to the train tracks. They then sue the railroad and city because the trains come through at night.
Never said to my schedule.Just basing my concerns based on the past..Since I've been here almost 10 years I've never seen them take 4 years to build a Championship course in an area that needs one or two. Yes I chose to move down here and I don't regret it at all . I have absolutely no problem getting in my car to play golf North of 44 ... please don't tell me I "SHOULDN'T " raise a concern if I have one.
Closed Thread

Tags
championship, shopping, golf, starting, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.