Starting To Wonder

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2019, 04:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

When we looked at the model and rendering of Fenney, and beyond the lack of championships wasn’t anything we worried about. Our sales person said a championship was down the road, and would be announced in a year or so, along with retail, that is true.

A Square, Oval, or Circle would come down the road also, just no location had been announced to them. The walking trails of 15 plus miles are now in place, and almost ready.
Instead of a regional center they are building a recreation Complex. We are in the area about 2 days a week, either for golf ( yep we pay for a cart), or the new trails. It’s a bonus to ride a bike,walk, or run without a cart behind you.
Fenney Grill was up an running as soon as homes were ready. It is busy, but by the time we eat there are few people there, just as in any restaurant in the north, We eat out about 3 times a month, and usually go out of TV.

We are still considering a move to the area, it would be our 4th. what worries you is not on my list. I have been down for 5 weeks, and have been to one square, stopped at farmers market once,( I online grocery so don’t care where the store is) drove (too far to cart) to Lopez 3 times, Glenview 4 times, rest locally with the groups I play with.
I am not sure I would use a cart once bridges are done.
Even though the new area is selling quickly it still seams quiet and more laid back compared to where we are now.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:00 PM

Not one pool table...…..
Old 03-24-2019, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Aren’t you near the Orange Blossom Country Club? They have the nicest pool in the Villages. Though the Fenney one is very nice.
Well sure, but a pool in my own back yard? With a pool boy of course. Named Raul (because of course that's his name, doh).
Old 03-24-2019, 06:09 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
Not one pool table...…..
I believe they are going to be in Linden which is currently under construction.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:08 AM

Now that is something to talk about if it is true! Is this just a rumor or substantiated?
Old 03-25-2019, 07:45 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfisher1969 View Post
Now that is something to talk about if it is true! Is this just a rumor or substantiated?
Billiards will be in the Riverbend Recreation Center, it's published on The Villages website so I believe it to be true. Search Riverbend Recreation Center to see a list of the amenities going in over there.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
It’s a bonus to ride a bike,walk, or run without a cart behind you.
We very much agree with you!

We live in Osceola Hills but do not like to walk or bike in our neighborhood because it is boring and we have to always look out for cars and golf carts.

Now that they have built the new trails in Marsh Bend, we drive down there to go for a great walk or bike ride. We noticed yesterday they have even built the new walking path along the north side of Hogeye Marsh. We think the path that goes thru the beautiful live oak trees is the nicest place we have seen in TV, and it is great that no golf carts are allowed. We can walk side-by-side and actually have a conversation.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:33 PM

I think it is like back home when they build the neighborhood first to get the tax base to pay for the schools and other infrastructure. The retailers are the same, they don’t want to build stores until there are enough people to buy all the stuff. Sorry you have to wait Bosox, I feel your pain. We plan on moving to TV in 18 months so it just works out for us I guess.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Never said to my schedule.Just basing my concerns based on the past..Since I've been here almost 10 years I've never seen them take 4 years to build a Championship course in an area that needs one or two. Yes I chose to move down here and I don't regret it at all . I have absolutely no problem getting in my car to play golf North of 44 ... please don't tell me I "SHOULDN'T " raise a concern if I have one.
I agree with you 100%, your concerns are spot on!! The execs are way too crowded, people are being dropped from their golf groups because they have too many points and the courses are in horrendous shape in many cases at this time. The fact is the Morse's are not doing things the same way and some of us are smart enough to see the effects it will have on all of us.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 03-25-2019, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
I agree with you 100%, your concerns are spot on!! The execs are way too crowded, people are being dropped from their golf groups because they have too many points and the courses are in horrendous shape in many cases at this time. The fact is the Morse's are not doing things the same way and some of us are smart enough to see the effects it will have on all of us.
What do you mean?
Don't people get points when they play, cancel or don't show up? Why would they be dropped from their golf group?

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 03-25-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
people are being dropped from their golf groups because they have too many points
The reason they have too many points is because they play a LOT of golf or because they do not show up for a tee time.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Just seems they're more focused on building neighborhoods then amenities. This seems to be opposite of what they've done in the past. 18more months until there will be a championship course brings it to almost 4 years without that amenity down here. Another year or so before we see a grocery store brings that to 3 years .And who knows when a "square " will be done.
And you had know knowledge of this situation BEFORE you bought you home after living in T.V. all those years? I would have thought all the open undeveloped spaces up there just might have been a clue.
Closed Thread

Tags
championship, shopping, golf, starting, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.