State owned or private business ??

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2020, 09:33 AM
Veteran member
Default State owned or private business ??

Not a complaint, but looking for some insight.

Where I came, from town vehicles (police, bldg. inspector, etc) had a town tag. State vehicles, (snow plows, governor, senator, and official state vehicles) all had a state license plate. So how is it that The Villages LLC has state tags on their vehicles. Whether it's a community watch, or parks and recreation vehicles, I see that they have State tags on them. I would expect that they would have tags on them like any other business would have, and not tags that hint of government sponsored official vehicles.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post

Where I came, from town vehicles (police, bldg. inspector, etc) had a town tag. State vehicles, (snow plows, governor, senator, and official state vehicles) all had a state license plate. So how is it that The Villages LLC has state tags on their vehicles. Whether it's a community watch, or parks and recreation vehicles, I see that they have State tags on them. I would expect that they would have tags on them like any other business would have, and not tags that hint of government sponsored official vehicles.
Insight and factual information can be found by call the Community Development District.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post

Probably some state BS that’s allowed and course it’s cheaper. Probably don’t have to be renewed Every year or two like us citizens chumps.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I think it may be on how the State classifies eligibility and that TV complies. Lots of different laws in Florida that we never saw up north

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-28-2020, 01:43 PM

The vehicles are probably owned by the CDD (community development district) which is a government agency.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV1 View Post
The vehicles are probably owned by the CDD (community development district) which is a government agency.
Unincorporated government agency
Old 08-29-2020, 06:56 AM

Here are the codes used on Florida License Plates

Florida License Plate Gallery
Old 08-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Default Responding as a former Volunteer Sergeant of the Palm Beach Sheriffs Marine unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Probably some state BS that’s allowed and course it’s cheaper. Probably don’t have to be renewed Every year or two like us citizens chumps.
I was in charge of all the vehicles with the Palm Beach Sheriffs office marine unit as a volunteer.
All of the community service vehicles are owned by the county or the State, they are provided to the communities that use volunteers to patrol and help the Sheriffs office, we had in Palm Beach over 30 cars, 4 trucks and 6 boats that I was in charge to make sure all ran as it should and followed scheduled maintenance on all, after each vehicle was out, I received a report from the driver stating any problems observed and followed up with the motor pool to correct it, the gasoline (or diesel on some trucks) was paid by the place in which the vehicle was attached. I don’t know here, but that was how was done in Palm Beach County!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2020, 08:05 AM

the government has their hands in everything.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

The vehicles are not owned by the company "The Villages", they are owned by the government Community Development District(s). It is no different than the city or county government registration of the vehicles.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 08-29-2020, 09:42 AM

Sounds like a complaint. Care about 25%tax heights
Old 08-29-2020, 10:04 AM
Veteran member

Nope......not complaining at all. I have better things to do.
Closed Thread

Tags
state, vehicles, tags, official, town

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.