Stay at home just "ORDERED"

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2020, 09:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Doesn't look like the order changes much here.
Except now it’s an order and not an advisory, so there can be enforcement.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Link please
Why on earth would Gov. DeSantis have included "Attending religious services conducted in churches, synagogues and houses of worship" as an essential activity? Large group of people in a confined space, singing -- respiratory droplets/respiratory aerosol anyone? I'm doing my praying at home and consider those who may contract and/or spread the disease to others at this point to be wantonly irresponsible. Let us pray that the virus they potentially contract and spread does not affect those of us who are following what the scientists are telling usl

Here is the link to his order:

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/upl...0/EO_20-91.pdf

Last edited by BK001; 04-01-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Now they should restrict people to 1 trip to the grocery store per week! With the only thing going on, some people will be going on a daily bases just to get out of the house. Already have neighbors making more trips than I have ever seen.
Yes, they are like me. On a never ending search for toilet paper.
I need my Charmin......
Old 04-01-2020, 11:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Why on earth would Gov. DeSantis have included "Attending religious services conducted in churches, synagogues and houses of worship" as an essential activity? Large group of people in a confined space, singing -- respiratory droplets/respiratory aerosol anyone? I'm doing my praying at home and consider those who may contract and/or spread the disease to others at this point to be wantonly irresponsible. Let us pray that the virus they potentially contract and spread does not affect those of us who are following what the scientists are telling usl

Here is the link to his order:

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/upl...0/EO_20-91.pdf
He and certain National leaders have sold their souls to the religious right .

Could be a death move for many who blindly follow the dictates of their religious "leaders"
Old 04-02-2020, 04:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
He and certain National leaders have sold their souls to the religious right .

Could be a death move for many who blindly follow the dictates of their religious "leaders"
I am sure that must have been a mistake. Even our religious leaders, almost all of them are not having services with people present.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:54 AM
Default Really that’s a nice comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
people can't be relied upon to self discipline, especially in a senior citizen retired entitled community--best thing to snap some people into reality--the world doesn't resolve around your personal needs
So buddy I guess you do not live in the villages?
Old 04-02-2020, 05:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,840 Times in 777 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLAMPHERE View Post
OK, golf and tennis are done... understandably.

But what about fishing?? Walking?? Bicycling?? Other outdoor activities that are solo endeavors?

Not essential (other than for peace of mind and exercise) but allowed or banned???
I haven’t seen the Florida list yet, but every other list I’ve seen, from various parts of the country, DOES allow walking or running, so long as social distancing is maintained. I haven’t seen fishing mentioned, but probably, if you fish alone, you are okay.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am sure that must have been a mistake. Even our religious leaders, almost all of them are not having services with people present.
Unfortunately - no mistake!!
Old 04-02-2020, 05:23 AM

You can. I shop at ace hardware. I walk in someone greets me at the door and someone help me in the aisle I am sent. I can tell them my problem or show a picture on my phone. They are very good about getting what I need and advise on how to fix it. Now with the new restrictions in place, you can call them and they will do the same thing. They will give you advise then give you the item numbers for what you need. Then you can place and pay for your order on the ace website and they will call you to pick up your order curbside or based on the item deliver it to your house. I say thank you to them for making this so easy to get professional help and keeping their employees and customers safe
Hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Now they should restrict people to 1 trip to the grocery store per week! With the only thing going on, some people will be going on a daily bases just to get out of the house. Already have neighbors making more trips than I have ever seen.
impossible! yesterdays visit to publix was worse than ever. no eggs, no pasta, no coffee, little dairy but they DID have bread, so that was an improvement. how are you living? where are you getting a weeks worth of supplies from? i'd love to be able to go back to weekly shops again. am not being sarcastic-please do tell?
Old 04-02-2020, 05:26 AM
Sage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Unfortunately, probably not. If you go to the thread that (incorrectly) stated the governor of Rhode Island authorized the state police and national guard to go door to door and search homes for visitors from NY, you would be appalled at the number of people on this site that supported such an action because it was "for the good of the people of Rhode Island"

Think about that----American citizens willing to trash the constitution, specifically the 4th amendment, because of a viral outbreak because one person, albeit the governor, decided it was "for the good of the people" That is the thinking of a dictator in the making
Stalin killed millions for "the collective good"
Mao killed even more for "the good of the people"
Adolph thought he was preserving the human race

I agree with you, those kind of expedient shortcuts around our most basic laws because of a short term problem should be unthinkable.
never let a crisis, or pandemic, go to waste
Old 04-02-2020, 05:30 AM

If you are a snowbird, will you be able to return to your northern home?
Old 04-02-2020, 05:35 AM
Sage

now THAT is a good question, i havent seen/heard anything about that. maybe it depends on where your 'north' home is, --you may want to stay here if the conditions up there are worse
Old 04-02-2020, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

The actual order allowed outdoor activities with social distancing, and mentioned running, fishing, cycling and walking. It did not specifically allow or disallow golf.

According to the front page of today's DS, golf is permitted with social distancing. Let's wait and see, after all, it is the "happy paper"

Now IF, repeat IF that is true, I would like to state the following:
On this thread, I have used my knowledge of virology and epidemiology to advocate that golf with social distancing is a relatively safe activity, and I believe I spoke for many. There is a small group of posters, mostly newbies, who for whatever reason, be it fear, panic or ignorance, vehemently disagreed with that assessment. So in return, I've been called an "idiot", "selfish", "unpatriotic", a "spreader", and the most laughable of all, literally causing me to ROFL, "unprofessional"

So IF, repeat IF the front page is correct, I have just one word for all those people-----"FORE!"
Old 04-02-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
JUST IN: Gov. Ron DeSantis said he will issue a statewide Stay at Home order for Florida residents. The order will go into effect starting Thursday at midnight for 30 days and will limit travel for only "essential activities."
Hey folks, this order will, IMHO, be counter productive. The order to stay at home will effect very little change here in TV. What it will do is increase the current level of panic and hoarding, while at the same time increase the level of dissension between the "Stay safe, stay at home" group and those that want to continue their lifestyle while adhering to the CDC, and governors guidelines.
Closed Thread

Tags
stay, home, order, starting, thursday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.