Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 03:14 PM

They just closed the dog park in Wildwood ☹️
Old 04-02-2020, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The actual order allowed outdoor activities with social distancing, and mentioned running, fishing, cycling and walking. It did not specifically allow or disallow golf.

According to the front page of today's DS, golf is permitted with social distancing. Let's wait and see, after all, it is the "happy paper"

Now IF, repeat IF that is true, I would like to state the following:
On this thread, I have used my knowledge of virology and epidemiology to advocate that golf with social distancing is a relatively safe activity, and I believe I spoke for many. There is a small group of posters, mostly newbies, who for whatever reason, be it fear, panic or ignorance, vehemently disagreed with that assessment. So in return, I've been called an "idiot", "selfish", "unpatriotic", a "spreader", and the most laughable of all, literally causing me to ROFL, "unprofessional"

So IF, repeat IF the front page is correct, I have just one word for all those people-----"FORE!"
Seems that UV from the sun and fresh air dilution effect further reduce the risk.
So probably safer outside on a golf course than inside at a grocery if everything else is the same.

Think of it as being around smokers, would you prefer inside or outside where you can step away.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:33 PM

Tell that to people who have lost love ones. It’s people who don’t listen that caused this citrus to so far. If we all stayed home this virus would not have spread like it has.
What medical school have you gone to.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:37 PM

Great Violence that’s a great answer. How bright????!
Old 04-02-2020, 03:42 PM

If my electricity went out in my house , would I call a surgeon? Or a plumber? Of course not I would cal an electrician. Right we’ll we have a medical problem would I go to a plumber ? Of course not . So why aren’t you
Listening???
Old 04-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyjerez View Post
If my electricity went out in my house , would I call a surgeon? Or a plumber? Of course not I would cal an electrician. Right we’ll we have a medical problem would I go to a plumber ? Of course not . So why aren’t you
Listening???
Golfing Eagles has been a physician for many decades. He is very intelligent and very clear in what he thinks medically and in other opinions as well. I trust him, and am glad he says golfing is safe if you ride alone in your own cart, use your foot to rake traps, do not allow the ball to go in the hole and don't touch anything and keep the recommended social distance...……………... because I would have my husband in leg irons if he didn't give golf his imprimatur.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:56 PM
Platinum member

I’d be very careful to trust guidance or opinions from anyone on an anonymous Internet forum. People can easily be led astray. Better to err on the side of caution, as Dr. Fauci advises.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Veteran member
Default "idiotic"

Quote:
Totally idiotic. He should have stuck to his guns and kept doing this county by county. There are counties with ZERO cases.

But further clarification is needed:

Bicycling?
Walking the dog?
hiking?

I don't see any reason to ban activities where social distancing can be maintained.

A giant thanks to all those that were clamoring to shut the state down or signed the petition to that effect. Looks like fear and panic outvoted common sense.
Aren't you the same person who scoffed at the fact that we might not have enough ventilators? I'm fairly sure I read that in one of your responses.

Last edited by rmd2; 04-02-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Veteran member
Default popular

Quote:
That's not really fair. There are about a million other things for her to do here. In fact, last I heard, golf was only the third most popular sport after softball and pickleball.
And the most popular indoor activity is bridge.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:28 PM
Veteran member
Default bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
That’s the absolute best definition I’ve heard. Thank you. Enjoy!
Yes, but the bug you might be bitten by is the corona.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,635 Times in 951 Posts

Ok, thanks for correcting me. I apologize for posting false information. A visit to the Princess website explains it, although I could not find that information yesterday. That doesn't mean it wasn't there.
Perusing the Holland America site, looking for information about when the Rotterdam itinerary started, I could not find any information about when Rotterdam left port on current itinerary.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I’d be very careful to trust guidance or opinions from anyone on an anonymous Internet forum. People can easily be led astray. Better to err on the side of caution, as Dr. Fauci advises.
I have nothing but time on my hands right now and have a few connections. I am beginning to smell a rat. I will look into this. It may take a while.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
Aren't you the same person who scoffed at the fact that we might not have enough ventilators? I'm fairly sure I read that in one of your responses.
No, it wasn't me
Old 04-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I have nothing but time on my hands right now and have a few connections. I am beginning to smell a rat. I will look into this. It may take a while.
Keep sniffing
Old 04-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Default Unreal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny1024 View Post
Just drove by Bogart Golf course around 10:45 today, there was a group lined up to play golf, 8 to 10 carts, and at least 15 people all gathered together. See picture below:

The Villages Florida
Why would they allow groups?
What's wrong with these people! This is precisely why we have a major problem. Too many people feel they are immune and are not thinking about others. In this case, it would be nice if the starter tried to keep people separated as well. If people don't start "acting responsibly" soon, the courses will be shut down. Just my 2 cents.........
Closed Thread

Tags
stay, home, order, starting, thursday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.