Stay at home just "ORDERED"

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 06:26 PM

A day late and a dollar short Governor. There are a lot of people way ahead of you, like closing their beaches For spring break.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:12 AM

With the new procedures that will be put in place on Monday I think golf will be safe. Having said that it's happening 2 weeks later than it should be. Rickey Craig said in today's paper that the golf division will continue to do what ever it takes to stay ahead of the curve. What a joke, nothing he has done has been ahead of the curve starting with the conditions of the golf courses.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katieburr View Post
A day late and a dollar short Governor. There are a lot of people way ahead of you, like closing their beaches For spring break.
The beaches staying open during spring break was beyond stupid, greedy and extremely dangerous.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
OK folks. Here it is, straight from Governor DeSantis.........

Gov. DeSantis issues stay-at-home order for entire state of Florida | WEAR

NO MORE congregating at the squares or anywhere for that matter. Just wondering......is golf essential?
The Governor is the one who added golf as 'essential' exercise. I can see walking/running/biking if you are doing it alone and keeping your distance from others. Some people are so happy they can get exercise, they have to invite their 'friends' to go with them. I've never seen a community that cannot do something alone
Old 04-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yes
Yes
I know them
Have driven the green many times

Glad to see you back!

Thanks PAL. But as Evita Peron said "the truth is I never left you".
Old 04-04-2020, 01:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
The beaches staying open during spring break was beyond stupid, greedy and extremely dangerous.
As are those churches that are still open. Act now Governor DeSantis---for God's sake , save his people from their missteps.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbcox View Post
Golf is an outdoor activity therefore does not fall under his order.

This explains why outdoor activities are not without risk of exposure.

The spread of a sneeze. It goes father than you think...

Coughs and sneezes travel farther than you think - YouTube

Older guys are most likely to die from COVID-19 so why would Villagers take that chance? They are risking dying alone in the hospital while gasping for air so they can have a few moments of fun...seems like a real no-brainer.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
As are those churches that are still open. Act now Governor DeSantis---for God's sake , save his people from their missteps.

^^^oxymoron.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:18 PM

And yet.... we have really respectable data showing countries that did not require people to stay inside their homes actually did better, then we have respectable researchers showing us data of how much WORSE those confined to their homes have done, New York is now blaming the high death toll on those who were confined inside, keeps changing all the time, no wonder people are so frightened, angry, so inhuman to others (beating people in some cities for no masks... ? Yet, masks, in the hands of armatures, we are told by world renown microbiologists, are filled with germs, mishandled, pulled up and down with people contaminating themselves and other more, as well as contaminating items in stores more.... have you seen them hanging from rear view mirrors ? Have to read what microbiologists say about that ? No wonder people are so frightened and all believe their particular education makes them "experts" in this new virus.
Now I have read what breathing in the warm, moist, germ laden air of a mask can do to an individual ! So many on here quote "Fauci" ??? Good grief, this man seems to change his mind at least once a week if not more ! It's almost like a comedy act to see his "expert" TV speeches one after the other, each saying the exact opposite of what he said the week before. I suppose if I say I think a lot of what is advised on this board is really over the top, I'd be stomped to death "figuratively" that is. I have noticed a real nasty trend in people lately. Is is fear ? Lack of reason ? Perfectly nice people turning into nasty people, spying on neighbors and friends, making judgments on them, taking pictures of people having friends over to "turn them in" ? All so sad. So sad !

Last edited by Ladygolfer93; 05-30-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 05-30-2020, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
And yet.... we have really respectable data showing countries that did not require people to stay inside their homes actually did better, then we have respectable researchers showing us data of how much WORSE those confined to their homes have done, New York is now blaming the high death toll on those who were confined inside, keeps changing all the time, no wonder people are so frightened, angry, so inhuman to others (beating people in some cities for no masks... ? Yet, masks, in the hands of armatures, we are told by world renown microbiologists, are filled with germs, mishandled, pulled up and down with people contaminating themselves and other more, as well as contaminating items in stores more.... have you seen them hanging from rear view mirrors ? Have to read what microbiologists say about that ? No wonder people are so frightened and all believe their particular education makes them "experts" in this new virus.
Now I have read what breathing in the warm, moist, germ laden air of a mask can do to an individual ! So many on here quote "Fauci" ??? Good grief, this man seems to change his mind at least once a week if not more ! It's almost like a comedy act to see his "expert" TV speeches one after the other, each saying the exact opposite of what he said the week before. I suppose if I say I think a lot of what is advised on this board is really over the top, I'd be stomped to death "figuratively" that is. I have noticed a real nasty trend in people lately. Is is fear ? Lack of reason ? Perfectly nice people turning into nasty people, spying on neighbors and friends, making judgments on them, taking pictures of people having friends over to "turn them in" ? All so sad. So sad !
Generalizing condemns the many when what is being discussed are the actions of the few!!!
Old 05-31-2020, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
Where did you get the idea Americans were told to stay indoors? Americans were NEVER recommended to stay indoors. We were recommended to go outside, get fresh air, garden in your yard, exercise outside such as taking walks, riding a bike and what ever other exercise can be done outdoors. We were also recommended to keep 6 feet way from others while being outside.

Last edited by coffeebean; 05-31-2020 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:16 AM

Wasn't that in April?
Old 05-31-2020, 11:38 AM

Notice this post anout Governor DeSantis is from April 1, 2020.

Why is it now being posted today, May 31st, 2020??
Old 06-02-2020, 03:32 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Where did you get the idea Americans were told to stay indoors? Americans were NEVER recommended to stay indoors. We were recommended to go outside, get fresh air, garden in your yard, exercise outside such as taking walks, riding a bike and what ever other exercise can be done outdoors. We were also recommended to keep 6 feet way from others while being outside.
Wrong. "Stay HOME, Stay Safe".

Tags
stay, home, order, starting, thursday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.