Stay at home just "ORDERED"

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nututv View Post
"Actually, given the level of fear, panic and stress exhibited by at least half the posters on TOTV...."
Those sound like reasons to be armed, not be disarmed.
Hopefully it doesn't come to that. For now, inexperienced people buying guns would be like replacing cab drivers with chimpanzees. If they don't inadvertently shoot themselves or someone else, I'd be concerned over "toilet paper aisle rage"
Old 04-02-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nututv View Post
I'm going to assume you've never purchased a gun in FL.
Never purchased one, shot one or held one. Coming from NY, the gun laws are pretty strict. I thought all states, even Texas and Arizona, had a background check and a waiting period for HANDGUNS---correct me if I'm wrong, and even more requirements for a CCW, such as an approved course
Old 04-02-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Never purchased one, shot one or held one. Coming from NY, the gun laws are pretty strict. I thought all states, even Texas and Arizona, had a background check and a waiting period for HANDGUNS---correct me if I'm wrong, and even more requirements for a CCW, such as an approved course
Background checks and waiting periods are different from a gun license. If you wanted to buy a gun for home defense or to plink with, bring your drivers license in and start shopping. CCW is a different breed entirely.
I was asked in Syracuse once by a cop if I had a gun once. I relied no. He replied GET ONE SOON! I in fact did have one, he just wasn't aware of them.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
inexperienced people buying guns would be like replacing cab drivers with chimpanzees.
I can get anyone very proficient with nearly any firearm in a day if they're wanting and willing to learn. Getting a chimp to drive a cab? If you've been told firearms are all that difficult to master you've been lied to.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:55 AM

It is spelled FOOL !!!!! That is how I would describe your comment.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizemo33 View Post
It is spelled FOOL !!!!! That is how I would describe your comment.
Who's comment and which one?
Old 04-02-2020, 08:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to navair4me

good points regarding allowing cruise ships and influx of people from heavily infected areas
Old 04-02-2020, 09:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
I fish alone hell even the fish social distance from me.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
The actual order allowed outdoor activities with social distancing, and mentioned running, fishing, cycling and walking. It did not specifically allow or disallow golf.

According to the front page of today's DS, golf is permitted with social distancing. Let's wait and see, after all, it is the "happy paper"

Now IF, repeat IF that is true, I would like to state the following:
On this thread, I have used my knowledge of virology and epidemiology to advocate that golf with social distancing is a relatively safe activity, and I believe I spoke for many. There is a small group of posters, mostly newbies, who for whatever reason, be it fear, panic or ignorance, vehemently disagreed with that assessment. So in return, I've been called an "idiot", "selfish", "unpatriotic", a "spreader", and the most laughable of all, literally causing me to ROFL, "unprofessional"

So IF, repeat IF the front page is correct, I have just one word for all those people-----"FORE!"
Here is an excerpt from the governor's official order. This document is the one I will follow. Any other document is not official unless it has an official Florida Government Stamp on it and is simply an interpretation of this document some of which are self fulfilling.

STATE OF FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 20-91
(Essential Services and Activities During COVID-19 Emergency)

Section 1. Safer At Home
A. Senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition
(such as chronic lung disease, moderate-to-severe asthma, serious heart conditions,
immunocompromised status, cancer, diabetes, severe obesity, renal failure and liver disease)
shall stay at home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.

On 3/25/2020 Golfing Eagles wrote "I have type 2 DM". Per the above document that clearly includes you in Section 1 - A. Sorry but it appears you can not play golf unless it can be done from home. But why would a MD with 2 DM obey the law. Wait I hear an interpretation coming.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Why would the golf courses still be open for business if you can't play?

Steve
Old 04-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post

Steve
The courses are open for people who are not in this group - this group of individuals are to stay at home per the governor:

Section 1. Safer At Home
A. Senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition
(such as chronic lung disease, moderate-to-severe asthma, serious heart conditions,
immunocompromised status, cancer, diabetes, severe obesity, renal failure and liver disease)
shall stay at home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:19 AM

BUT it is not a mandate so solo activities can continue.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:22 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post

Steve

Agree.
Governor did not include golf.
A Sumter County employee says it's okay........but he has no authority.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Here is an excerpt from the governor's official order. This document is the one I will follow. Any other document is not official unless it has an official Florida Government Stamp on it and is simply an interpretation of this document some of which are self fulfilling.

STATE OF FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 20-91
(Essential Services and Activities During COVID-19 Emergency)

Section 1. Safer At Home
immunocompromised status, cancer, diabetes, severe obesity, renal failure and liver disease
)

On 3/25/2020 Golfing Eagles wrote "I have type 2 DM". Per the above document that clearly includes you in Section 1 - A. Sorry but it appears you can not play golf unless it can be done from home. But why would a MD with 2 DM obey the law. Wait I hear an interpretation coming.

Now here's a question formatted like the 3rd grade IQ tests---which of the following does not belong in this list?
Let's see, cardiorespiratory diseases?
Immunocompromised states?
Obesity?
DM?

Define obesity in the order. BMI>25?, >30?, >35?
Can someone with a BMI of 29.9 play but not someone with a BMI of 30.1?

Define DM the same way. Type 1 or type 2? Controlled or uncontrolled? Associated retinopathy, nephropathy, neuropathy or not? HbgA1C <6.0? 6.0-7.0? over 7.0?

Clearly some rocket scientist threw Obesity and DM on that list for God knows what reason, I doubt it was a medical doctor, and if so, not much thought went into it.

The people who should be staying at home first and foremost are those that could spread the virus----ie: recent contact with a known infected individual, recent travel abroad, escapees from NY, those with clear symptoms, and those poor people on the cruise ships.
The list above, with the exception of DM and "obesity" are people at higher risk to contract the virus.

But, once again, I applaud your effort to "poke the bear"
Old 04-02-2020, 09:36 AM

I saw that, but really don’t see what has changed. Church is described as an essential activity. You can have a hundred people sitting together in pews, singing hymns, shaking hands, etc. makes no sense. My sister just signed a contract on her house and her realtor claims all the people required to ensure her deal goes through are considered “essential.” Home inspectors, repair personnel, surveyors, appraisers, bank personnel, title researchers, county clerks, etc, etc, etc. Each of those people could be infected but asymptomatic at the time of their entering the property or workplace and potentially leave virus behind for those around them or that follow. I also don’t see any “teeth” in DeSantis’ order. What are the penalties?
Closed Thread

Tags
stay, home, order, starting, thursday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.