Stay at home just "ORDERED"

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The actual order allowed outdoor activities with social distancing, and mentioned running, fishing, cycling and walking. It did not specifically allow or disallow golf.

According to the front page of today's DS, golf is permitted with social distancing. Let's wait and see, after all, it is the "happy paper"

Now IF, repeat IF that is true, I would like to state the following:
On this thread, I have used my knowledge of virology and epidemiology to advocate that golf with social distancing is a relatively safe activity, and I believe I spoke for many. There is a small group of posters, mostly newbies, who for whatever reason, be it fear, panic or ignorance, vehemently disagreed with that assessment. So in return, I've been called an "idiot", "selfish", "unpatriotic", a "spreader", and the most laughable of all, literally causing me to ROFL, "unprofessional"

So IF, repeat IF the front page is correct, I have just one word for all those people-----"FORE!"
Awesome! I'm not a golfer (yet), but I say, 'GO FOR IT GOLFERS". (and bikers, joggers, skaters, etc., etc.)
Old 04-02-2020, 06:27 AM

Fishing an swimming are ok from what I read. Running also I believe
Old 04-02-2020, 06:36 AM

Setting up a MASH unit at the polo no field. They're on the way it
Old 04-02-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
Re: Essential Activities - here's a snippet from the governor's order. Where does it explicitly prohibit golf?

It does mention other things that some have asked about here:
So you can still attend religious activities. In the UK ALL gatherings of more than 2 people are banned unless they come from the same household.... WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FUNERALS...

No church, no weddings, no christenings... We had a civil war in the UK over religion, and religion (OK it was really a family fall out and power grab in the name of religion) so to now close ALL faiths must surely give a wake up call to those who think this is just the media hyping it up. FUNERALS are the only service allowed in the UK.... And we have already seen reports of one such family gathering in which the mother caught and subsequently died having contracted the virus at the funeral...

I read of some on this thread who have a problem with a cruise ship docking with infected passengers. What's your views on USS Theodore Roosevelt: Sailors from aircraft carrier hit by coronavirus outbreak to quarantine in Guam hotels - CNNPolitics

We are all people. We all have a right to live and we all owe a duty to our fellow humans that societies well being and health must come above personal liberty and profit... Otherwise we don't have a free society, we will have anarchy where the strong will rule. Your choice. If you want freedom you need to adjust...it's a short term problem if we all STAY AT HOME, PROTECT OUR HEALTH SERVICES AND SAFE LIFES....
Old 04-02-2020, 06:37 AM

Construction is exempt.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:41 AM

I fish alone hell even the fish social distance from me.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:48 AM
Default So they will stop building the new homes?

So, is the home building going on in TV considered non essential?
We will see.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:51 AM
Default Stay at home order

Quote:
Totally idiotic. He should have stuck to his guns and kept doing this county by county. There are counties with ZERO cases.

But further clarification is needed:

Bicycling?
Walking the dog?
hiking?

I don't see any reason to ban activities where social distancing can be maintained.

A giant thanks to all those that were clamoring to shut the state down or signed the petition to that effect. Looks like fear and panic outvoted common sense.
This order is about three weeks too late. DeSantis response to this crisis has been pathetic.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
This order is about three weeks too late. DeSantis response to this crisis has been pathetic.
In your opinion.....
Old 04-02-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,106 Times in 1,338 Posts

Moral of the story is to carry a fishing with you wherever you go.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:58 AM
Default Let the whining begin

Ok, now that the governor has issued a stay at home order, in order to slow the spread of the virus and help keep everyone safe, it's time for all of us to start whining.

If you have lost your crib notes from middle school, here are some conversation starters:

… why me? why us? we're not New York, except for pockets of rudeness
… I can't play golf? what am I going to do? Watch Tiger King?
… I bet the governor is still moving around. Why doesn't he isolate?
… if we just had Saint Andrew Cuomo running things, this wouldn't happen
… what about shopping? I'm down to my last 30 rolls of toilet paper
… does this mean I can't sit at City Fire and drink? go to Sumter looking to dance?
… will there be patrol squads, with truncheons and tear gas to beat down walkers?
… how soon will this rule be over? WEEKS????!!! Omuhgod
…. can I get a refund on amenity fees? I bet the Morse family is moving around
… this wouldn't have happened if HIllary were president
… I bet we can sneak out at midnight and they won't catch us!
… I never get colds; why can't I be an exception?
…. I had a flu shot four years ago; I'm immune
… it's a Trump conspiracy to control me; where's Saint Nancy? ACLU?
… my dogs Fluffy and Stuffy like a cart ride each day; is that allowed?
… who is this man (woman) in my house?
…. I hope the governor will pay for my booze in this lockup!!!
Old 04-02-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Even more idiotic---He intends to let those cruise ships with hundreds of positive people dock at Port Canaveral.
Lets let some more planeloads of people from NY/NJ land here while we sit at home doing nothing.
Would you prefer letting the passengers, which include about 300 U.S. citizens, sail around until the food runs out and they starve to death? Surely there is a way to process these people and return them to their homes without undue risk to the public.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

okay, so we all need to just put our 'big boy' and our 'big girl' pants on and deal with it

come on this isn't THAT difficult....Anne Frank and her family did it for quite a long time

Folks, we ARE at war...think back to what our grandparents and parents gave up and went through during WWII to support the war effort

Have some fun with this unique time in our lives:
- create a cookbook of your favorite recipes for your family
- create a scrap book out of all the old pictures in a bag in the attic
- write down some of the stories you heard from your elders as a kid & pass them on
- learn a new language
- wash your windows
- power wash the outside of your house
- wash your car more often
- hand wash the dishes
-throw a CD on and dance with your partner around the living room
- start a journal
- order some seeds on line and plant an indoor garden to get them started

go give the grandkids something to talk about...what's the legacy Grampa and Grannie left us on how they dealt with "The Covid-19 Shut down"

All of us on in the Northeast still talk about where we were/what we did when we had the great blackout back in the 60's

go make some history
Old 04-02-2020, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWilliams View Post
Would you prefer letting the passengers, which include about 300 U.S. citizens, sail around until the food runs out and they starve to death? Surely there is a way to process these people and return them to their homes without undue risk to the public.
Of course there is.
First of all, there are 2600 passengers of which 300 are American citizens and 50 are Floridians.
Take all US citizens off the ship, test them and quarantine if needed, provide medical care to the sick
Then assess the foreign nationals, provide medical care to those that are sick
Then the ship can go sailing, after they are reprovisioned and return foreign nationals to their country of origin, frankly, they are not our responsibility
Old 04-02-2020, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWilliams View Post
You see, that is the issue. They ARE presenting great risk to the "public". If there was an easy way, without a lot of people being exposed to those already sick, and those sick and not yet showing symptoms, than no one would be upset. I think it is up to the cruise ship to have their people on board to drive them home. ….Then burn the car? I will never get over how I feel that cruise ships are big Petri dishes with their holding tanks of water festering in dark wet holds. How many times here in Florida have we seen neighbors and friends returning from cruises with stomach viruses? There is no simple answer to anything right now Jon. I will always remember the school nurse in Junior High teaching us just how infectious, infection disease is. This bug will kill. It has killed. It will continue to kill.

Tags
stay, home, order, starting, thursday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.