The "Stay Home Order"

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2020, 09:09 AM
Default The "Stay Home Order"

The “Stay Home” orders are so the spread of the virus can be stopped Don’t be selfish, please STAY HOME!

Last edited by sdedes; 04-05-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Also think about the very brutal consequence if you get the virus or aid in passing it onto someone........

once you are designated to be hospitalized you will no longer be able to see/visit loved ones.

The lady from Winifred who just recently passed away.....with a phone nearby communicating with family....how sad and terrible can that be.....

While hospitalization is not a death sentence.....one does not or will not know until you get released!!!!

Stay home and abide by the guidelines.....wear a mask if and when shopping....DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2020, 09:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

And the Governor exempted Churches. Unfortunate Malfeasence

Email him and demand that he close churches

governorRon.Desantis@eog.myflorida.com

give you name and indicate that you live in TV.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Political consequence is the top priority!
Old 04-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Some posters seem to think it's okay for a government official, in this case the govenor, to enact a freeze or ban or pause on citizens constitutional rights to freedom of religion. What would be next? One govenor bans freedom of the press, another bans citizens from speaking about the virus, another announces confiscation of weapons from homes during this dangerous crisis. Once the first ball drops, this violation of rights would never end.
Personally, I don't think any gathering of any group is okay, church or other. But if we want to spit in the face of our very, very smart founders and start violating whatever article or ammendment to the Constitution we deem disposable, this country is not going to be in a good place.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:56 AM

I cannot, for the life of me, understand a need for local, state, national orders!!!!! Good Lord, people. We are supposed to be a reasonably intelligent group of adults! How can anyone not want to take action, without someone ordering same, to stay home, stay safe and try to avoid illness or death???? It just baffles me !!!!
Old 04-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
I cannot, for the life of me, understand a need for local, state, national orders!!!!! Good Lord, people. We are supposed to be a reasonably intelligent group of adults! How can anyone not want to take action, without someone ordering same, to stay home, stay safe and try to avoid illness or death???? It just baffles me !!!!
Simple enough. Look at pictures of Florida beaches before orders were issued.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Some posters seem to think it's okay for a government official, in this case the govenor, to enact a freeze or ban or pause on citizens constitutional rights to freedom of religion. What would be next? One govenor bans freedom of the press, another bans citizens from speaking about the virus, another announces confiscation of weapons from homes during this dangerous crisis. Once the first ball drops, this violation of rights would never end.
Personally, I don't think any gathering of any group is okay, church or other. But if we want to spit in the face of our very, very smart founders and start violating whatever article or ammendment to the Constitution we deem disposable, this country is not going to be in a good place.
This is not about politics and constitutional rights! It's about caring for your fellow humans and saving lives!
Old 04-04-2020, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Sad humans have to lead around like dogs on a leash...Due to lack of common sense
Old 04-04-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Some are used to it already, their dogs have been leading them on their walks for sometime now.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
Too many stupid people to rely on “reasonably intelligent”. We all need to comply to keep safe and unfortunately some of our rights will need adjustment because “you can’t fix stupid”.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:02 PM
Veteran member
Default Completely right

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdedes View Post
This is not about politics and constitutional rights! It's about caring for your fellow humans and saving lives!
People who go on about their constitutional rights are totally, but totally missing the point! 👿

These measures are not about YOU, they are to protect everyone and no one, rights or not, has the right to threaten the lives of their fellow citizens. 👿
Old 04-04-2020, 12:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdedes View Post
As I stated, I disagree with people gathering, but a politician can't disregard the Constitution. I'm as compassionate and caring as alot of people. I'm just not willing to throw our govenor under the bus for not doing what you ask of him, because he cant. And I will add, because I see it coming, we stay home, we protect ourselves and others, we do not have the right to endanger anyone with our actions.

Last edited by bagboy; 04-04-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Their rights must be modified, at least temporarily, when their actions can inflict substantial harm on other members of the society. When these misguided souls leave church , where might they go or work , the grocery store, the pharmacy, a medical facility, an elderly facility. Community spreading. By your reasoning there should be no speeding laws, no laws against DUI, no open burning laws, no laws dealing with "reckless endangerment".
Old 04-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Their rights must be modified, at least temporarily, when their actions can inflict substantial harm on other members of the society. When these misguided souls leavge church , where might they go or work , the grocery store, the pharmacy, a medical facility, an elderly facility. Community spreading. By your reasoning there should be no speeding laws, no laws against DUI, no open burning laws, no laws dealing with "reckless endangerment".
I responded to Your request to close the churches. This is not MY reasoning, this is a Constitutional right that should it be modified as you say, the consequences will be a years if not decades long court battle. You are going off half cocked by changing this one thing to speeding, dui, reckless endangerment, etc. Totally off point. If you think the churches should be closed, fine. Close them.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, virus, people, home”, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.