Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Ditto.
Thank You!
Old 09-16-2019, 08:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
I simply don't understand what a post like this adds to the conversation.
It adds a little levity.....no harm, no fowl...lighten up already.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

I don’t pass cart with on coming traffic. If I see DS cart driver that can’t keep the cart going straight. I wait till NO oncoming traffic and steer clear of the cart when I pass. You don’t know if the oncoming car crossing the center line from intention driving, on cell phone, texting, drunk, high, or Just CAN’T DRIVE. I also try not to be beside cart when oncoming vehicles meet in line.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Plea falling on deaf ears. You are going to cause an accident some day.
Really, I sure don’t cross the line when vehicles are approaching. the ones crossing the line are NOT paying attention to traffic approaching
Old 09-16-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Really, I sure don’t cross the line when vehicles are approaching. the ones crossing the line are NOT paying attention to traffic approaching
Hmm and how do you know what they are paying attention to?
Old 09-16-2019, 09:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Hmm and how do you know what they are paying attention to?
Well, evidently not keeping between the lines, IF their crossing over WHEN on coming traffic COMING

Last edited by Topspinmo; 09-17-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
The Villages infrastructure was built to accommodate a golf cart and cars or trucks driving in the same direction in their respective lanes. Trust the infrastructure.

Ever drive down Rio Grande Ave (PAST where they recently widened the "diamond lanes" but narrowed the car lanes)? Golf cart barely fits and some just don't. Larger Cars and humongous landscape trailers barely fit in the "widened" section. Chances of rubbing the curb there is quite high so "trust the infrastructure" is not the case all over TV.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Ever drive down Rio Grande Ave (PAST where they recently widened the "diamond lanes" but narrowed the car lanes)? Golf cart barely fits and some just don't. Larger Cars and humongous landscape trailers barely fit in the "widened" section. Chances of rubbing the curb there is quite high so "trust the infrastructure" is not the case all over TV.
I agree with you about the infrastructure north of 466. That is why I do not ever drive our golf cart north of 466.

As an aside.....north of 466, were the golf cart paths widened or the street lanes widened? I'm confused by what you said. Either way.....I find it too dangerous driving a golf cart north of 466 and stay clear of that area in the golf cart. I did, however, drive the cart once to Spanish Springs just to say I did. I enjoyed going over the little bridge.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:32 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
The cart lane on Rio Grande from Avenida Central to Del Mar is especially narrow. To be absolutely safe and stay in the lane you need to ride in the gutter. I see carts wobble in and out of that lane all the time. That is one part of the lane a cart driver really needs to slow down.
Steve
Old 09-17-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Well, evidently on between the lines, IF their crossing over WHEN on coming traffic COMING

I went back and read the original post, and all it says is "someday" a car might come in the opposite direction.

If you ar responding to some other post in the thread, I apologize, I don't recall it.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
I don’t pass cart with on coming traffic.
Yeah, I don't either. I would rather slow down and wait for the oncoming car to get by and then go around the cart.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
The double yellow lines in the roadways are there for a reason. They define the space you have to keep your vehicle in the road.

I have seen, time and time again, folks crossing over the double yellow lines to give themselves more clearance from a golf cart which is well within their space in the golf cart lane. The roadway I travel most often within The Villages which has the double yellow lines is Odell Circle.

It surely isn't "snowbirds" who are guilty of this at this time of year. It is the full time residents who seem to have a big problem keeping in their space in the roadway. Is it a problem with spacial orientation? Is it a problem with depth perception? What exactly is the reason a driver seems to feel they must try to avoid a golf cart which is perfectly in their golf cart lane by crossing over the double yellow lines?

Do you recognize yourself or do you do this and not even realize you are doing this? One of these days, a car will enter the roadway in the opposite direction from a side street and a head on collision will occur. There is no reason to cross over the double yellow lines. There is plenty of room for four vehicles in these roads........one car and one golf cart in one direction and one car and one golf cart in the opposite direction. All four vehicles can be along side each other in the road and there is plenty of room for all four vehicles. I would, however, yield to a large service vehicle such as a fire truck. In that case, maybe four vehicles would not fit all in one line across the road.

Bottom line......please refrain from crossing the double yellow lines when driving alongside a golf cart which is well withing the golf cart lane. You will fit......I promise.
A rare instance where I get to use my Harvard Medical School education. The reason I rarely use it might be because I didn’t finish.

Anyway, I can appreciate the OPs frustration. You know there is enough room to pass yet you pass wide. The problem might also be age related. As we age, our vision starts to experience problems. A person’s visual acuity can be normal (e.g. 20/20) but other visual factors can present, light sensitivity, glare, poor depth perception, poor side vision, and diminished color perception.

When you pass that GC you (OP) can see there is plenty of room. To a person with “aging eyes” the GC might appear closer than it really is. I say err on the side of safety. If you think you’re too close, pass wide. If it looks like crossing the double yellow will conflict with oncoming traffic, slow till you see a gap in oncoming traffic and pass. Do not pass a vehicle so close as to make you uncomfortable. The last thing we want is you looking down on a bleeding GC occupant saying, I thought I had enough room. As we say in the airlines, when in doubt, take a safety pause.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,697 Times in 5,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
A rare instance where I get to use my Harvard Medical School education. The reason I rarely use it might be because I didn’t finish.

Anyway, I can appreciate the OPs frustration. You know there is enough room to pass yet you pass wide. The problem might also be age related. As we age, our vision starts to experience problems. A person’s visual acuity can be normal (e.g. 20/20) but other visual factors can present, light sensitivity, glare, poor depth perception, poor side vision, and diminished color perception.

When you pass that GC you (OP) can see there is plenty of room. To a person with “aging eyes” the GC might appear closer than it really is. I say err on the side of safety. If you think you’re too close, pass wide. If it looks like crossing the double yellow will conflict with oncoming traffic, slow till you see a gap in oncoming traffic and pass. Do not pass a vehicle so close as to make you uncomfortable. The last thing we want is you looking down on a bleeding GC occupant saying, I thought I had enough room. As we say in the airlines, when in doubt, take a safety pause.
I agree. I think that being safe is more important than not crossing a double yellow line. I didn't finish Harvard Medical School either.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:00 PM

Stay in your lane? How about stay on the road please? I was just out riding my cart over on the new MMP where it also doubles as part of the Hogeye sink walking trail. Here comes a blue Toyota Camry coming from the Hogeye sink area and going around a golf cart only roundabout. Not the first time I've seen or heard about cars getting on the cart paths. There are a couple that I can see how that mistake could be made - that particular area is NOT one of them.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with you about the infrastructure north of 466. That is why I do not ever drive our golf cart north of 466.

As an aside.....north of 466, were the golf cart paths widened or the street lanes widened? I'm confused by what you said. Either way.....I find it too dangerous driving a golf cart north of 466 and stay clear of that area in the golf cart. I did, however, drive the cart once to Spanish Springs just to say I did. I enjoyed going over the little bridge.

Read my post again. Quoted above yours.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, yellow, double, lines

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.