Stay in your lane, please!

Stay in your lane, please!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-18-2019, 06:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Read my post again. Quoted above yours.
Got it....the car lanes were narrowed and the golf cart lanes were widened. I guess that was to minimize golf cart drivers slamming into the curb or driving partly in the vehicle lane. I still don't drive my golf cart north of 466. Scares the heck out of me.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Spainish springs is not north of 466 it’s east or northeast. District 3 and 4 north of 466.
Morse Blvd goes north and south. When I pass 466 heading north on Morse Blvd., anything in that area is north of 466 to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Morse Blvd goes north and south. When I pass 466 heading north on Morse Blvd., anything in that area is north of 466 to me.
And post #64 proves that point.
Steve
Old 09-19-2019, 06:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
And post #64 proves that point.
Steve
Yes, it does. Thanks, Steve.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:06 AM

Default As i've posted before

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The double yellow lines in the roadways are there for a reason. They define the space you have to keep your vehicle in the road.

I have seen, time and time again, folks crossing over the double yellow lines to give themselves more clearance from a golf cart which is well within their space in the golf cart lane. The roadway I travel most often within The Villages which has the double yellow lines is Odell Circle.

It surely isn't "snowbirds" who are guilty of this at this time of year. It is the full time residents who seem to have a big problem keeping in their space in the roadway. Is it a problem with spacial orientation? Is it a problem with depth perception? What exactly is the reason a driver seems to feel they must try to avoid a golf cart which is perfectly in their golf cart lane by crossing over the double yellow lines?

Do you recognize yourself or do you do this and not even realize you are doing this? One of these days, a car will enter the roadway in the opposite direction from a side street and a head on collision will occur. There is no reason to cross over the double yellow lines. There is plenty of room for four vehicles in these roads........one car and one golf cart in one direction and one car and one golf cart in the opposite direction. All four vehicles can be along side each other in the road and there is plenty of room for all four vehicles. I would, however, yield to a large service vehicle such as a fire truck. In that case, maybe four vehicles would not fit all in one line across the road.

Bottom line......please refrain from crossing the double yellow lines when driving alongside a golf cart which is well withing the golf cart lane. You will fit......I promise.
My dad taught me to drive in 1968. His main advice was expect people to to the stupidest possible thing because that is exactly what they are going to do. Later it was more politically correct called DEFENSIVE DRIVING.

Almost every accident can be avoided thus they are not really an accident. One or both parties did not remember what my dad said and I've shared will all of you.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Almost every accident can be avoided thus they are not really an accident. One or both parties did not remember what my dad said and I've shared will all of you.
I completely agree.

The exceptions are very rare - unless your name is Wile E. Coyote, then watch out for falling safes...

Tags
cart, golf, yellow, double, lines