Step in the right direction for the new Sumter County Commissioners

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2021, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Napkin Math: $1,000 of new Impact Fee will rollback 1% tax increase.

So, a $25,000/house impact fee is how the three Promise Givers will rollback 100% of the increase.

I did not read the article, but if The Villages offered a 40% increase, or about $400.......taxpayers might get 1/2 of 1% tax rollback.
Oh wait, inflation just ate that up.
:

The individual is not powerless. We don’t have to let stronger people push us around. What ever happened to the American spirit where individuals group together and say no to what they see as the wrong way to do things? The landslide election for Sumter County Commissioners shows the unified power of the electorate. You can laugh at us because we are small and maybe we don’t know everything, but one thing is certain, we will not be silenced. We will not be intimidated, we will not wilt nor retreat when faced with great challenges. We are Americans and we believe in justice and fair treatment.

Last edited by Happydaz; 02-13-2021 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
A step in the right direction?

Have we lowered the bar for the new commissioners? Correct me if I am wrong but they campaigned on an almost complete rollback of the 25% tax increase.

I am not informed enough to make a credible opinion on whether they have reneged on their campaign pledges so I am interested in others opinion on this matter.

Are they keeping their promises or not.

My impression from this discussion is that the answer is no.
They campaigned on a complete rollback of the 25% tax increase. Maybe, now that they are in office, this is a little more difficult than using it as a campaign slogan.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

It’s a process, and a step in the right direction is a positive start. Stay tuned.
Closed Thread

Tags
county, commissioners, impact, tax, fee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.