Still haven't received any info on new trash procedures.

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Why do people not use the web site provided?
Village Community Development Districts
Did you go to that site ? I was happy you posted it, like many others I had no idea where to find the information (and, not bragging....LOL... but I do have neighbors that make me look like a tech genius, I have neighbors who have no idea how to look up such things on the internet (and yes, I have invited them to computer club when we used to have that here). Anyway, the information on the site you provided was nothing different than it has been for our neighborhood for years now. Same days as always, has all the same info on recycling, how to separate, when to set it out, so not a lot of help..... the brochure with no dates for the changes, at least gives the new DAYS, and it seems the old rule NO GARBAGE can be set out before 9 p.m. (which it says on the website of the Villages government) in the "new" rules is listed as NOT before 6 p.m. So looks like it still can not be put out until it is dark outside, but 6 is much more reasonable !
Old 09-29-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
It was in THE DAILY SUN - source of all truth and enlightenment - at least about The Villages
But not all subscribe to that. I did subscribe many years ago when I first moved here, but shortly after getting settled was able to subscribe to another paper which seemed a little bit more like a real paper (and now that has changed too, LOL !) But most recently I have noticed that on my block, where once I never saw a drive without a paper on it in the mornings, I now see only two houses with papers ! Newspapers definitely have little to offer anymore except maybe Coffee/Paper routine of us retirees ? The "Sun" seems to have even less than the others in the area. I have Comcast TV so maybe the Ch. 2 villages Channel will have some actual DATES of all the changes ? Also, does anyone think there will be polo this year ? Not sure if the virus is allowed at polo games, or if that would be a "safe" event to watch ?
Old 09-29-2020, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
But not all subscribe to that. I did subscribe many years ago when I first moved here, but shortly after getting settled was able to subscribe to another paper which seemed a little bit more like a real paper (and now that has changed too, LOL !) But most recently I have noticed that on my block, where once I never saw a drive without a paper on it in the mornings, I now see only two houses with papers ! Newspapers definitely have little to offer anymore except maybe Coffee/Paper routine of us retirees ? The "Sun" seems to have even less than the others in the area. I have Comcast TV so maybe the Ch. 2 villages Channel will have some actual DATES of all the changes ? Also, does anyone think there will be polo this year ? Not sure if the virus is allowed at polo games, or if that would be a "safe" event to watch ?

"The "Sun" seems to have even less" - It had the new trash schedule.

"does anyone think there will be polo this year" - They are playing. Watch Polo at The Villages Polo Club
Old 09-29-2020, 11:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Around my neighborhood we were all wondering when it will begin. We did get notified in the mail of all the details, how our days were changing, but no mention anywhere when we were supposed to start changing to our new days is all ! ? Seems every county and even two different portions of Lake county, all different rules, days, numbers to call, and none of the mailing have any dates ?
Found by looking at the VCCD website...

The Villages Florida
Old 09-30-2020, 05:27 AM
Veteran member

It has been posted everywhere.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:28 AM

Quote:
On the last Costco run to Winter Park I bought enough paper yard waste bags for a YEAR. Are those all useless now ? Or, can I still use them for yard waste and put out with all the rest ? Probably not ! Suppose now I have a year's supply of what ? Help, suggestions ? Plant covers in case we get some cold nights this year ? That would use of a half dozen or so I guess. Oh, maybe as LINERS for inside the big black plastic bags so the sticks do not go through the plastic as easily ?
You can use bags of any material or color you want.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromAroundHere View Post
You can use bags of any material or color you want.
Except red. Reserved for medical waste.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:06 AM

It is in your water bill. You have to read it.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:09 AM

I called them up and they said no sorting required any longer. This means everything can go into one bag type (recycled and regular trash as well as yard waste). They will pick up on the same two days as usual but take all kinds of trash on both days, no need to put them in different bags. Sad to see the change but that’s what it is.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:18 AM
Default New recycling

Where have you been not to have heard? There's been articles in the paper, notice in your bill, people talking. There is an over abundance of info that has been out for a while. Even better, go to the Covanta.com website and see what a good thing this is.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAndre View Post
I read that there was going to be information about the new system left at our homes but we haven't received a thing. Have others not received the information? Getting a little late. Is there a website for us to check out?
Mine came by email, and I took a screen shot of it. Here you are.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	CF3AE6AB-D28A-49DB-A479-AED1F5F8EC22.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	86449   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	4601D7F0-A3C2-44DD-9E6E-35C5B284A0C8.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	86450  
Old 09-30-2020, 06:40 AM
Default Simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAndre View Post
I read that there was going to be information about the new system left at our homes but we haven't received a thing. Have others not received the information? Getting a little late. Is there a website for us to check out?
Put it in a bag and put on curb, that easy.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:48 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV MAN View Post
Just got off the phone with Sumter San. They said recycling was now to be mixed with regular trash no need for separate clear bags.
Good. I hated seperating things
Old 09-30-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Any color bag is acceptable. Small bags are not acceptable such a a small waste basket size.
You can mix everything together.......trash, yard waste and anything that used to be recycled.
Two pick ups per week, usually on the same days as trash pick up has been.
Red colored bags are not acceptable. That was mentioned specifically in the info provided. The reason: red colored bags signify bio hazard material contained within.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:54 AM

Was in water bill the info
Closed Thread

Tags
received, information, thing, late, website

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.