Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
Thank You
Old 05-24-2019, 03:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
And what about when you are in a restaurant preparing to enjoy a meal and someone sits down with perfume so strong even the Baccala is offended? LOL
"Baccala offended" <------ Great name for a rock band!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-24-2019, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
She may not have known how strong the cologne was or how old it was. Scents don't get better with age. They putrify.

I think that is a big part of the problem...and not everyone understands that's what happens.

That 'special' bottle of perfume you received as a gift 10 years ago, is not wine...and has not become better with age.

There is a particular female fragrance (I don't know what it is and can't really describe it, but I can tell immediately when it's near)...that involuntarily makes me squinch my nose.

While I don't know what it is, I do know...that it seems to be fairly popular around here.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
A sigh is just a gust of wind that rises from the heart.
But when it takes a downward course, it changes to a f___t.

OOh my -- forgive me
I saw a t-shirt that said " That was not a F--t .... my a$$ just blew you a kiss."
Old 05-24-2019, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
A sigh is just a gust of wind that rises from the heart.
But when it takes a downward course, it changes to a f___t.

OOh my -- forgive me

Just remember that old saying..."flatulence is next to Godliness."

I think that's how it goes.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

The word of the day is - "ignore". As in, add to the ignore list.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I wore black socks for two days in a row this week. But that was to hide the bloodstains. I danced so hard (barefoot, doh) in the Square I developed blood blisters that burst almost immediately. I was, quite literally, a bloody mess.

Back to wearing white socks now, but walking around in open-toed shoes will have to wait another few days. I can go in the pool, finally, but only as long as I bandage up again when I get ready to go back to the house.

On-topic: wearing too much of any scent is overwhelming to most people, but some folks are more sensitive than others, and some are especially sensitive to certain fragrances or natural essential oils. I have an old miniature bottle of Shalimar that belonged to my mom. She kept it on her dresser and I remember seeing it back in the 1960's. It could be even older than that but I was born in '61 so I wouldn't remember any further back The alcohol has completely evaporated, leaving just a brown smudge of perfume base at the bottom of the bottle. When I open it, it smells exactly as it did when it was full, over 50 years ago. I open it once in awhile when I'm feeling nostalgic. The smell brings back good memories.
You actually danced barefoot in the town square?
Old 05-24-2019, 04:44 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I think that is a big part of the problem...and not everyone understands that's what happens.

That 'special' bottle of perfume you received as a gift 10 years ago, is not wine...and has not become better with age.

There is a particular female fragrance (I don't know what it is and can't really describe it, but I can tell immediately when it's near)...that involuntarily makes me squinch my nose.

While I don't know what it is, I do know...that it seems to be fairly popular around here.

The next time you smell that "aroma," you need to ask that person what is the name of the perfume they are wearing.

That way, depending upon who your friends are or aren't, they can make a decision whether to wear it or not. It will be a silent clue for you.

Heh, heh!
Old 05-24-2019, 04:52 PM
Veteran member

This thread is starting to slide into a dark space. Can we just say it’s not appropriate to wear excessive perfume or cologne. If you notice someone has put on a bit too much, simply ignore or sit farther away. Lastly, this is unlikely due to mental illness, if it were every HS in America is filled with mentally ill children.

I find myself guilty of wearing too much. In my case it’s of matter of no longer smelling that scent. I alternate between two colognes, odd days, even days. The same two colognes for the last 20 yrs. When I get in a crew van and a person 4 rows back says, “who’s wearing abc?” I am sooo embarrassed. Is my lack of awareness a function of age, maybe, I’m 57 so no spring chicken.

Also, I agree with Grace. Not that I believe we should all be politically correct but we should be considerate. Many people suffer from memory disorders and it’s devastating. I have a cousin, 81 yo. Last year he was diagnosed with the big “A” and it’s progressing rapidly. What a horrible, horrible disease. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. He suffers so much. Less than 20 years ago he was a 747 Captain flying all over the world, no he’s in assisted living and not permitted to drive.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Ms Midnight, you are a mischief! No misogyny gets by you. Or bad perfume either....
Old 05-24-2019, 05:34 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
One day it's speeding golf carts the next day it's stinky perfume. What's tomorrow's complaint going to be, too many people wearing black socks? lol
Nope, it will be about people wearing flip flops and sandles. You know... "those" people with stinky feet and bad pedicures.
Steve
Old 05-24-2019, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Nope, it will be about people wearing flip flops and sandles. You know... "those" people with stinky feet and bad pedicures.
Steve
On the bright side, if these are the biggest problems that people in TV can come up with, I can't wait to get there..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-24-2019, 05:51 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
On the bright side, if these are the biggest problems that people in TV can come up with, I can't wait to get there..
At the risk of sounding like a developer worshiper...it’s a pretty cool place.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:07 PM

I think when you encounter someone who has an "odor" or wears too much perfume or has their lipstick smeared on too thing, we should smile, wish them a nice day and say "There but for the Grace of God, go I"! Because we're all going to be there someday! Those ladies and gents have led a long life and are happy to still be able to get around. We should not look down on them for things they really can't help! You might have to wear a Diaper one day yourself. I'm sure it's not fun, but if it keeps them up and moving, I say go for it!
Old 05-24-2019, 08:10 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
At the risk of sounding like a developer worshiper...it’s a pretty cool place.

Be careful.
Closed Thread

Tags
perfume, area--dont, leave, grand, makeup--reminded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.