Stinky Perfume

Stinky Perfume

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Stinky Perfume
Old 05-24-2019, 10:06 AM
Sage

Default Stinky Perfume

this week I was in my dentist's waiting room-an elderly woman sat next to me--her perfume/ make up odor forced me to leave the area--don't use your grand mothers makeup--reminded me when I HAD to ride the subway in NYC, when I commuted to high school

Stinky
Old 05-24-2019, 10:53 AM

Default Stinky

I've had similar experiences. Was this an elderly woman? Among the elderly, the sense of smell diminishes. She may not have known how strong the scent was. Likewise with some senior-seniors wearing incontinence garments. Sad, but still "Ugh."
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2019, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

Yeah, I’ve noticed that. I have been told by my ENT doc that people with severe allergies cannot smell subtle odors. That may be part of it too. As a result, I’ve relied on bath soap and deodorant; no perfume anymore, as I’m never sure how much is too much.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:11 AM

She may not have known how strong the cologne was or how old it was. Scents don't get better with age. They putrify.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:12 AM
Gold member

That happened to me at the movies in TV, an elderly man... it was so bad my family had to leave. Sometimes on bus tours it can also happen that you are beside someone who really smells and you can’t leave. I was thinking of buying one of those Israeli gas masks with carbon filters to bring... I am serious.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA, ID and finally FL.

Don't sit back in coach on a long international flight if you can't withstand body odor.

Some elderly women don't bathe or shower that often and don't have their clothes washed or cleaned frequently enough. They just pour on more perfume to cover the odors. This can be an especially huge problem in a hot, humid climate, especially if they are very obese and have unwashed folds in their body fat.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-24-2019, 11:24 AM
Gold member

As far as I know, it is not illegal to smell...unfortunately my nose is quite healthy. I used to have a very loving Welsh Terrier and I used to wear Channel perfume. The dog would run up to me and then literally swoon. He couldn’t take it. No more perfume after that.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Veteran member

Old 05-24-2019, 11:59 AM
Sage

People may not want to offend, but knowing how cheap some people are--they skimp on water, they refuse to thrown out ,out of date items--the problem is not the reason, the problem is the aroma-- its a shame awful thing happen to old people, especially those with dimentia related illness
Old 05-24-2019, 12:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
this week I was in my dentist's waiting room-an elderly woman sat next to me--her perfume/ make up odor forced me to leave the area--don't use your grand mothers makeup--reminded me when I HAD to ride the subway in NYC, when I commuted to high school
One day it's speeding golf carts the next day it's stinky perfume. What's tomorrow's complaint going to be, too many people wearing black socks? lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
perfume, area--dont, leave, grand, makeup--reminded