Stolen/Lost/Mistaken golf clubs.

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2022, 02:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default Stolen/Lost/Mistaken golf clubs.

Today after playing 18 holes at Cane Garden we parked out front and went in and had lunch. Went to golf cart after lunch and my clubs were gone. Maybe stolen or maybe someone removed them by mistake as they were switching carts or something. It does happen. Someone moves them to their cart for someone else, someone doesn't have 100% of their thinking ability, someone talking and doing to many things and make a mistake. I can hope someone recognized them later as not theirs.

Anyway if someone saw something at Cane Garden parking lot today around 1:00 to 1:30 or somehow got the wrong clubs, I would certainly appreciate the information and getting them back. They are Taylor Made M4 and M6 in a blue golf bag with a Bushnell rangefinder and Bushnell Phantom. Irons 4 thru lob wedge and Driver, 3W, 5W and 7W. Odyssey Putter.

I did file a police report, called Community Watch and will check with lost and found at the 4 rec centers. Also left my contact info with the Cane Garden Golf shop.

Anyone have any other good ideas?
Old 08-04-2022, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Today after playing 18 holes at Cane Garden we parked out front and went in and had lunch. Went to golf cart after lunch and my clubs were gone. Maybe stolen or maybe someone removed them by mistake as they were switching carts or something. It does happen. Someone moves them to their cart for someone else, someone doesn't have 100% of their thinking ability, someone talking and doing to many things and make a mistake. I can hope someone recognized them later as not theirs.

Anyway if someone saw something at Cane Garden parking lot today around 1:00 to 1:30 or somehow got the wrong clubs, I would certainly appreciate the information and getting them back. They are Taylor Made M4 and M6 in a blue golf bag with a Bushnell rangefinder and Bushnell Phantom. Irons 4 thru lob wedge and Driver, 3W, 5W and 7W. Odyssey Putter.

I did file a police report, called Community Watch and will check with lost and found at the 4 rec centers. Also left my contact info with the Cane Garden Golf shop.

Post on NextDoor they have a wide reach.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,964 Times in 753 Posts

To late now just provide your own lock works for mine so far.
Amazon.com
Old 08-04-2022, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

Sorry to hear the bad news, I hope it was just a mistake and you get your clubs back. We are very careful about not leaving our clubs unlocked in public places but always figured they would be safe at the country clubs. That really sucks : (
Old 08-04-2022, 05:18 PM

golf cart stolen from a driveway, groceries stolen from a golf cart, now clubs missing sounds like they found us..
Old 08-04-2022, 05:51 PM
Default Stolen clubs

Lesson learned! I never park out front of a Country Club. I always park out back with the other carts. I also have a lock cable attached to my bag.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:38 PM

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like great club set. I do the same, I park as close to the backside clubhouse restaurant to keep a closer eye out on my cart. I'll keep my clubs at home from now on. Thanks for the warning.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:19 AM
Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisport View Post
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like great club set. I do the same, I park as close to the backside clubhouse restaurant to keep a closer eye out on my cart. I'll keep my clubs at home from now on. Thanks for the warning.
A cable. Wow that really is going to slow someone down. Less than 2 seconds to cut and take. If a professional thieves want your clubs, they will take them. Leaving anything of value on your cart just isn't smart
Old 08-05-2022, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson14505 View Post
Lesson learned! I never park out front of a Country Club. I always park out back with the other carts. I also have a lock cable attached to my bag.
Would appreciate a picture of how your lock cable is configured.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post

This just saddens me. I keep reading about a number of thefts. Yes, I know we don't live in a "bubble" but we have to look out for each other. *** And kudos for the way the thread is written.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:32 AM

Many country clubs sell a canvas bag that goes over your clubs and it comes with a cable that you wrap around the golf cart basket or other anchoring place and provide your own lock for the cable. That keeps honest people honest, and if a professional theif wants clubs they will choose some easier to steal. I've been using this bag system for 8 years now and have peace of mind when I go in after the round to eat lunch. Cost is under $50 at most Country Clubs in TV.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:41 AM
Veteran member

We have Air Tags in our bags.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:53 AM
Location: Washington DC, Gaithersburg MD, Sebastian Fl, Orlando Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
We have Air Tags in our bags.
Very smart idea..will grab some today.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:16 AM

Watch on eBay or Facebook marketplace.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:30 AM

When a friend had her clubs stolen the police recommended she check Play It Again Sports and local pawn shops. She did find them at Play It Again Sports. She had to purchase the clubs back but the thief was arrested. The thief was ordered to pay restitution which she never received. But she did get her clubs back.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, garden, cane, clubs, bushnell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.