Stolen/Lost/Mistaken golf clubs.

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2022, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asalesky View Post
When a friend had her clubs stolen the police recommended she check Play It Again Sports and local pawn shops. She did find them at Play It Again Sports. She had to purchase the clubs back but the thief was arrested. The thief was ordered to pay restitution which she never received. But she did get her clubs back.
Go after the dirt bag !! The perp got no jail time?? No restitution? Hope there was more to that story.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:20 AM
Default Wait a Day or Two to check Play it Again

Quote:
When a friend had her clubs stolen the police recommended she check Play It Again Sports and local pawn shops. She did find them at Play It Again Sports. She had to purchase the clubs back but the thief was arrested. The thief was ordered to pay restitution which she never received. But she did get her clubs back.
Always wait 2 or 3 days before checking Play It Again. It takes the staff that time to put price tags on the clubs.

Always park your cart/clubs on the golf course side of the buildings with the other carts, not in the parking lot.

Submit a claim to your homeowners insurance. Most likely, you have coverage with a limit of $1,000 for items such as sporting goods, guns, and jewelry.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:35 AM
Veteran member
Default Theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
To late now just provide your own lock works for mine so far.
Amazon.com
Yes I also locked mine, heavy bicycle cable around bag and cart frame. Could still steal individual clubs but they're not going to get the bag and everything in it
Old 08-05-2022, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Very interesting. We have a friend whose clubs were stolen from Havana (parking lot not cart parking), and were found at Play it Again Sports. So.....not only these 2 incidents of stolen clubs ending up at the same place, but even the police are aware enough to suggest it. Hmmm---known fence???? Prosecution for receiving stolen property???? Just seems odd that there appears to be a pipeline for stolen clubs directly to this retailer.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:37 AM

What are Air Tags?
Old 08-05-2022, 06:46 AM
Default Lost club search

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Today after playing 18 holes at Cane Garden we parked out front and went in and had lunch. Went to golf cart after lunch and my clubs were gone. Maybe stolen or maybe someone removed them by mistake as they were switching carts or something. It does happen. Someone moves them to their cart for someone else, someone doesn't have 100% of their thinking ability, someone talking and doing to many things and make a mistake. I can hope someone recognized them later as not theirs.

Anyway if someone saw something at Cane Garden parking lot today around 1:00 to 1:30 or somehow got the wrong clubs, I would certainly appreciate the information and getting them back. They are Taylor Made M4 and M6 in a blue golf bag with a Bushnell rangefinder and Bushnell Phantom. Irons 4 thru lob wedge and Driver, 3W, 5W and 7W. Odyssey Putter.

I did file a police report, called Community Watch and will check with lost and found at the 4 rec centers. Also left my contact info with the Cane Garden Golf shop.

Anyone have any other good ideas?
For leads you could check tee sheet for that time of day, or for when the players were finishing. IF accident, somone on that tee sheet has those clubs!
Old 08-05-2022, 06:50 AM

Cameras? To check who!
Old 08-05-2022, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gighilton View Post
For leads you could check tee sheet for that time of day, or for when the players were finishing. IF accident, somone on that tee sheet has those clubs!
I doubt they would release that info to the victim
Old 08-05-2022, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Today after playing 18 holes at Cane Garden we parked out front and went in and had lunch. Went to golf cart after lunch and my clubs were gone. Maybe stolen or maybe someone removed them by mistake as they were switching carts or something. It does happen. Someone moves them to their cart for someone else, someone doesn't have 100% of their thinking ability, someone talking and doing to many things and make a mistake. I can hope someone recognized them later as not theirs.

Anyway if someone saw something at Cane Garden parking lot today around 1:00 to 1:30 or somehow got the wrong clubs, I would certainly appreciate the information and getting them back. They are Taylor Made M4 and M6 in a blue golf bag with a Bushnell rangefinder and Bushnell Phantom. Irons 4 thru lob wedge and Driver, 3W, 5W and 7W. Odyssey Putter.

I did file a police report, called Community Watch and will check with lost and found at the 4 rec centers. Also left my contact info with the Cane Garden Golf shop.

Anyone have any other good ideas?
If you get your clubs back or buy new ones, invest in club cover lock. The cost about $40 which is a pretty small investment to protect $2500 worth of equipment.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:23 AM

They found us a long time ago. Just that the word has gotten out now. These are victim assisted crimes. "Trust NO ONE, suspect EVERYONE"
Old 08-05-2022, 07:26 AM

Yes, that's what we call "a clue". Most pawn shops know that most things brought in are stolen. Especially when the person that brings them in looks like a Meth Head
Old 08-05-2022, 07:36 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottid View Post
What are Air Tags?
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-MX542AM...s%2C101&sr=8-3

Old 08-05-2022, 07:40 AM
Platinum member

HOPE, by now they were found, but I doubt it. Sounds like they were stolen and noted you had better quality clubs. Report to your insurance company. Unfortunately for you is that your story will/should make others more protective about their clubs and other items in the cart. I have a habit of putting keys and cell phone in the bag. Not anymore.Some of us probably have over 2-3K worth of clubs and other items in our bag
Old 08-05-2022, 08:23 AM
Gold member

Very sorry this happened to you, I hope you get them back quickly.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:36 AM

I have crappy old clubs that I believe are just as good as the latest technology.
No one would want them. Dirty too. *♂️
Old DS golf cart which is fast as lightening and rock solid.
I stay at the bar for hours and never worry.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, garden, cane, clubs, bushnell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.