Stonecreek Delwebb homes

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Default Stonecreek Delwebb homes

Anyone ever consider buying a home in Stonecreek, Ocala? If so please tell us about pros and cons. Wife and I are thinking about moving to TV or Stonecreek.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:16 PM

Yes we did consider this...briefly. The pros: you get a lot more bang for your buck when buying your home and the homes are lovely. The cons: well, lets just say its not the Villages. They could not compete with what TV has to offer when it comes to rec centers, the vast assortment of clubs, the town squares, golf etc. Also, home values in TV weathered the real estate downturn much better. We also found it interesting that every time we drove through Stone Creek we never saw anyone out and about or chatting with neighbors. It was just the opposite at TV. As we were moving here without knowing a soul, the opportunities to socialize and meet people is what we were drawn to. As they say, you are buying the lifestyle in the Villages. I may have a smaller, less fancy house than what I could get in Stone Creek, but I am so glad we are in TV.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

Ditto's to that LP2..........
Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvmyPug2 View Post
Yes we did consider this...briefly. The pros: you get a lot more bang for your buck when buying your home and the homes are lovely. The cons: well, lets just say its not the Villages. They could not compete with what TV has to offer when it comes to rec centers, the vast assortment of clubs, the town squares, golf etc. Also, home values in TV weathered the real estate downturn much better. We also found it interesting that every time we drove through Stone Creek we never saw anyone out and about or chatting with neighbors. It was just the opposite at TV. As we were moving here without knowing a soul, the opportunities to socialize and meet people is what we were drawn to. As they say, you are buying the lifestyle in the Villages. I may have a smaller, less fancy house than what I could get in Stone Creek, but I am so glad we are in TV.
I agree. But, we are slanted. The resale market isn't anywhere near what is in TV. I have an acquaintance who has had their Stonecrest home on the market for two years. It was one of the original models. He begged me to check it out last August when we came down to finalize our plans. Best of luck with your decision.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
Ditto's to that LP2..........
I do like SC is a truly gated community. No one gets in unless your home.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Default Stone Creek versus The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphics View Post
Anyone ever consider buying a home in Stonecreek, Ocala? If so please tell us about pros and cons. Wife and I are thinking about moving to TV or Stonecreek.
We lived in Stone Creek for 3 1/2 years and moved to TV last September. Simply put, there is NO comparison. Stone Creek is a bedroom community with very little recreational opportunities compared to TV.

We made a mistake and listened to some friends who said they checked-out TV and found it to be very busy. Well, it turns-out, we like busy. Stone Creek is a very nice community but it's an oasis. There is nothing around it so we had to hop in our car for everything.

It guess to put in nicely, TV has been doing this for years and Stone Creek still has some growing pains. As an example, TV has sports pools, family pools and adult pools. Stone Creek has one and the hours of operation are divided between "adults only" and "children". So, if your grandkids come to visit, they may have to use the pool between 1PM and 4PM.

I could give you more particulars but that's probably not necessary. We found that Stone Creek wasn't where we wanted to be because there wasn't enough activity but you might like that environment. I suggest that if you haven't already, stay in the Stone Creek villas for a few days and do the same here - I think the differences will be evident.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
if we hadn't moved to the villages, we wouldn't have moved to Florida.
Stone Creek doesn't offer anything close.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvmyPug2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiamp1 View Post
......Stone Creek is a very nice community but it's an oasis. There is nothing around it so we had to hop in our car for everything. ........TV has sports pools, family pools and adult pools. Stone Creek has one and the hours of operation are divided between "adults only" and "children". .........
These points above pretty much nail it.

We'd looked around at TV a couple of times several years back then started checking out other places in FL to see how they compared. In our minds, nothing else came close.............if an active lifestyle is what you're looking for.

Bill
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiamp1 View Post
We lived in Stone Creek for 3 1/2 years and moved to TV last September. Simply put, there is NO comparison. Stone Creek is a bedroom community with very little recreational opportunities compared to TV.

We made a mistake and listened to some friends who said they checked-out TV and found it to be very busy. Well, it turns-out, we like busy. Stone Creek is a very nice community but it's an oasis. There is nothing around it so we had to hop in our car for everything.

It guess to put in nicely, TV has been doing this for years and Stone Creek still has some growing pains. As an example, TV has sports pools, family pools and adult pools. Stone Creek has one and the hours of operation are divided between "adults only" and "children". So, if your grandkids come to visit, they may have to use the pool between 1PM and 4PM.

I could give you more particulars but that's probably not necessary. We found that Stone Creek wasn't where we wanted to be because there wasn't enough activity but you might like that environment. I suggest that if you haven't already, stay in the Stone Creek villas for a few days and do the same here - I think the differences will be evident.
I forgot to mention one thing: our TV neighborhood, Village of Pennecamp, is NO busier that our neighborhood in Stone Creek. Make sure you drive through the housing areas of both communities and you'll see what I mean.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Gold member

Never considered it. Wouldn't consider it either. Not for us.
We have a friend whose brother lives there and they spend most of their time in TV ie shopping, restaurants, movies...anything non residents can do.
The homes do cost less but you get what you pay for.
If it were my only option I would have stayed in Baldwin Park (Orlando).
Old 03-31-2012, 02:42 PM

We looked at Stone Creek, and a few other places. What bothered us the most was everyone kept saying they were just like the Villages. We have not bought yet, but will - then we won't have "almost as good as The Villages"
Old 03-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
There has been some excellent information offered up here. You also might want to check and see if there is a forum or online chat for Stonecreek. You might get some additional perspective on the pros and cons of each and how other owners came to their decision.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.