MahJong or Canasta

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Veteran member
Default MahJong or Canasta

Looking for an advanced mahjong game or a canasta game on Fridays. If anyone is looking for another player please let me know or if anyone wants to start a new game (mahjong or canasta) let me know.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

For canasta, consider playing Hand & Foot; Hand, Knee & Foot or Samba. They're variations of canasta and very popular in TV.

The best way to get into a group on a specific night for mah-jongg (or any game not played in rec centers) is to find one and start as a sub.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-14-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
Looking for an advanced mahjong game or a canasta game on Fridays. If anyone is looking for another player please let me know or if anyone wants to start a new game (mahjong or canasta) let me know.
Hey There,
If you are willing to wait for me to move there, which will be in August, I would love to get in on an advanced game of Canasta. I play every Thursday, from 11:00-4:00 where I live now. We play Florida rules, with a meld of 120/150/180, we also play with garbage hands of pairs and singletons. I played Mahjong years ago in NY(I have a set) and when I moved to VA I started to play again, but with playing Canasta every Thursday, work, and working out I had to give up playing Mahjong.
Please keep me in mind for Canasta, I am a die hard player and love to laugh and have a good time playing also.
I also play Hand and Foot, which is a lot of fun, but I think Canasta is more challenging.
Linda
Old 05-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Veteran member

When you come down in August send me a message and will certainly let you know if I have a game or not. The melds here in Florida are 125/155/180.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.