Programing garage door clickers

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Question Programing garage door clickers

Help
I'm having a problem with garage door clicker.Apparently someone else is on the same code or near the same code as I. For no apparent reason, boom my garage door opens on it's own.

I'd hate to spend big bucks for a professional. Is there anyone else out there such as handy man who can help for a much cheaper rate?
My neighbor I think is responsible for my door going up. Don't know for sure, therefore we need someone who can help with the two of us.

As in the past I thank you for your help. I want to get rid of the Phanton who is opening my garage. Thanks
Old 05-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Just ride around the neighborhood pointing and clicking at garage doors. If you open one, stop and compare notes. But if you don't, then you have a different problem.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham62 View Post
Help
I'm having a problem with garage door clicker.Apparently someone else is on the same code or near the same code as I. For no apparent reason, boom my garage door opens on it's own.

I'd hate to spend big bucks for a professional. Is there anyone else out there such as handy man who can help for a much cheaper rate?
My neighbor I think is responsible for my door going up. Don't know for sure, therefore we need someone who can help with the two of us.

As in the past I thank you for your help. I want to get rid of the Phanton who is opening my garage. Thanks
If you reprogram your remotes, it should take care of the issue as it will change your code automatically when they are paired. If you need help and its the normal opener that everyone has, send me a PM.

Matt

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Default garage door clicker

Hey Matt,
not quite sure how to post a PM please help
Old 05-16-2011, 09:41 PM

Ham62,

To send a private message (PM) to Matt click on his user ID found at the top of his message (his user ID is underlined). When you click on his user ID a menu will appear. One of the choices in the menu is to send him a private message.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

This subject reminded me of the Nationwide commercial from some years back:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBDrRl7d5ZA[/ame]
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Garage door openers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham62 View Post
Help

Is your home new? Mine did the same thing at first. Would open in the middle of night. I called Romac and they came and reset everything at no charge. Haven't had anymore problems.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 AM

Maybe this link will help. It is the Allstar garage door opener I think almost all houses use.

http://allstarremotesonline.com/file...ode110977b.pdf
Old 05-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Veteran member

We had a very stubborn 3-way going in our neighborhood. Simple reprogramming didn't do it. Finally had to call an opener guy. Seems funny now.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.