Strangest occurances I have seen in TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Strangest occurances I have seen in TV

Have now lived in TV for six years. Own two houses and have moved once. I have seen some really funny things happen I was just wondering what others may have witnessed.

1. One morning while driving in my golf cart on Pinellas toward the Morse gate I saw a 1.5 ton box truck (Goodwill) (probably driven by a villager) turn down the cart path at the gate. He slowly back out and headed toward the circle.

2. While riding my bike and giving a hand signal to turn into the tunnel just before the Havana tunnel I heard a loud screech of tires and a crash behind me. A guy forgot about the turn into the tunnel and slammed on his brakes and the golf cart flipped over on the driver side. His golf clubs etc. were spread all over the cart trail. I just knew he was hurt badly and I turned around and helped him along with two other guys. We ask if he was hurt and he so "no, I am in a hurry I have a T Time". He put everything back on his cart and headed for the golf course. How do you turn over in a golf cart on the driver side and not even have a scratch.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Eternal Member

My favorite is the older man at Lake Sumter Landing who does "break dancing" during some of the evening entertainment.

Of course, we have all seen the men who wear wingtip shoes with high black socks with their golf shorts and tee shirts. Why their wives let them out of the house like that is a mystery.

And, let's not forget the dogs in baby carriages. It actually is an oddity to see a baby in a baby carriage around here.

All of these things and many more shows that we Villagers have been through many things in our lifetimes and now we live for ourselves. That is exactly what we should be doing!
Old 01-12-2018, 06:00 PM
Platinum member

Saw a lady walking and carrying an umbrella while she had a parrot on her shoulder. Then there was the fellow who waved at me with the hand he was using to hold a bag of dog poop.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
My favorite is the older man at Lake Sumter Landing who does "break dancing" during some of the evening entertainment.

Of course, we have all seen the men who wear wingtip shoes with high black socks with their golf shorts and tee shirts. Why their wives let them out of the house like that is a mystery.

And, let's not forget the dogs in baby carriages. It actually is an oddity to see a baby in a baby carriage around here.

All of these things and many more shows that we Villagers have been through many things in our lifetimes and now we live for ourselves. That is exactly what we should be doing!
What's wrong with the gentleman that does break dancing?
My wife an i and many others applaud and find entertain' his dance skill at his age of what he can and I believe loves to do.
That's what wrong in the world we find fault with others instead of looking in the mirror.
I'm no exception.We should all look in the mirror before going out.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Veteran member

Snow
Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 PM

Last night at the square at Brownwood, I saw a couple slow dancing in the seating section (instead of the "dance floor"). That wasn't the strange part....while the woman was dancing with her husband/partner/date/significant other, she was talking on her cell phone the entire time. Talk about multi-tasking or worse, not being "in the moment" with her dance partner. Stop and smell the roses!!!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
My wife an i and many others applaud and find entertain' his dance skill at his age of what he can and I believe loves to do.
That's what wrong in the world we find fault with others instead of looking in the mirror.
You misunderstood my post completely!

My statement about the breakdancing man was definitely not a negative! He is doing it for his enjoyment and the enjoyment of others and I am 100% in favor of it.

The same goes for the men in wingtip shoes and shorts as well as for dogs in baby carriages. Enjoy whatever you are wearing, doing, or dancing.

I thought my last sentence explained what I thought. We live for ourselves and that is exactly what we should be doing.

Last edited by Sandtrap328; 01-12-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:13 PM

We have a lovely woman in our neighborhood that rides her bike with her pet bird. The bird is in a custom cage on the handlebars. I love seeing them pass by. She talks so nicely and the bird answers back. Always makes me happy.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post

Your last two sentences remind me of a poem on a plaque that I have.
When I Am Old.

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me,
And I shall spend my pension
on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals,
and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired,
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells,
And run my stick along the public railings,
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens,
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat,
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go,
Or only bread and pickle for a week,
And hoard pens and pencils and beer mats
and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry,
And pay our rent and not swear in the street,
And set a good example for the children.
We will have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me
are not too shocked and surprised,
When suddenly I am old
and start to wear purple!

Jenny Joseph
Old 01-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
The only thing negative is your interpretation of the post. Not one word of it is negative.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francie View Post
Last night at the square at Brownwood, I saw a couple slow dancing in the seating section (instead of the "dance floor"). That wasn't the strange part....while the woman was dancing with her husband/partner/date/significant other, she was talking on her cell phone the entire time. Talk about multi-tasking or worse, not being "in the moment" with her dance partner. Stop and smell the roses!!!
No different than dinning out.
having to contend with some one useless conversation during dinner on a cell phone
Old 01-13-2018, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Back on topic, the strangest thing I have seen is....

The continual kindness of neighbors and strangers to each other, there are not many other places that have this level of help and kindness.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Back on topic, the strangest thing I have seen is....

The continual kindness of neighbors and strangers to each other, there are not many other places that have this level of help and kindness.

what he said.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
I think you misunderstood; it was complimentary of Paul the dancer.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2018, 01:02 PM
Veteran member

This is a fun and interesting thread, but let's stay on topic and stop bickering about who meant what
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, turn, tunnel, driver

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.