Street legal (LSV) gas carts

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Default Street legal (LSV) gas carts

My buddy is considering purchasing a street legal/low speed vehicle (LSV), but in gas, not electric. Up until pretty recently, only electrics could be LSVs. Now that it is possible to purchase gas LSVs, he was wondering which dealers actually sell them. Does anyone know?
Old 02-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
My buddy is considering purchasing a street legal/low speed vehicle (LSV), but in gas, not electric. Up until pretty recently, only electrics could be LSVs. Now that it is possible to purchase gas LSVs, he was wondering which dealers actually sell them. Does anyone know?
Don't forget to remind your buddy that a LSW requires insurance and license plates as well as certain safety equipment. They also are restricted to a maximum speed of 25 mph.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Tell your buddy he should think twice about getting a street legal cart -- gas or otherwise
They are simply an accident waiting to happen.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Sage

I would rent one for a month if it's possible and test out your comfort zone.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Platinum member

Might as well purchase a smart car. Same size as a golf cart LSV and much safer.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Tell your buddy he should think twice about getting a street legal cart -- gas or otherwise
Actually, he already owns an electric LSV (Par Car) for which the gas would be a replacement. He knows the risks, as he has been riding that Par Car on the roads for the last 5 years, I think.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Might as well purchase a smart car. Same size as a golf cart LSV and much safer.
Funny you should mention that. I own a Smart Car, as well as a mini-van and greatly prefer it over any type of golf car. However, they are not for use on golf courses and, unlike me, my buddy's wife plays golf.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:06 PM

Driving a LSV for 6 years, over 30,000 miles, how much longer do I have to wait for that accident? Have never even come close so far.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. I own a Smart Car, as well as a mini-van and greatly prefer it over any type of golf car. However, they are not for use on golf courses and, unlike me, my buddy's wife plays golf.
Me too
I leased it for 3 years for very little money. I walk the execs and jump in someone elses cart on the championship courses. If that's not in the cards I think they only charge $10 to rent one the championship courses.
I don't care for it on the highways.
But it keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It's comfortable and fun to drive. And I don't mind driving to an exec on the other side of town in half the time.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzjr View Post
Driving a LSV for 6 years, over 30,000 miles, how much longer do I have to wait for that accident? Have never even come close so far.
Maybe tomorrow???
Old 02-11-2015, 05:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
an lsv has most of the safety features of an automobile. how could it be an accident waiting to happen. I suggest you find out what an lsv is before commenting on its safety.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:17 AM
Sage

Why can't a Smart car be used on a golf course if it had the correct tires & the speed is under 20 mph
Old 02-11-2015, 06:20 AM

Everyone seems to be getting off subject. Op was asking about gas lsv's.

Rollie
Old 02-11-2015, 07:21 AM
Gold member

I enjoy riding on cart paths!! More scenic view, and less tension!!! For those who like the roads, more power to you, but must admit, have to be more cautious. Happy Motoring!
Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Why can't a Smart car be used on a golf course if it had the correct tires & the speed is under 20 mph
Smart cars weigh 1800 lbs and golf carts weigh 900 lbs. How many times would the golfer be restarting the engine in a round?

and many more reasons
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.