Street signs/Numbers above garage door

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default worry free

If your worried about someone breaking in and stealing your things,,,,,try this !!!
Go to Sam's or Lowes and buy a SAFE. Get one of reasonable size and bolt it to the floor , A cat burglar won't go to all the bother to blow up a safe and will go elsewhere .....Now you can safely lock your doggie in it and go to the TOWN SQUARE worry free..........

works for me fumar
Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Veteran member

FWIW, we got a sign also from F.E.Webb......we really like it. It has our first and last name on it, and we've never had any problems.

Here in The Plantation most of us have a illuminated house number sign above the garage door. It is low voltage....runs off your doorbell transformer, or a transformer that plugs into the same receptacle that your garage door opener uses. Looks great at night...not too bright at all, and emergency workers can see it well.

I also installed an emergency switch on my front door light. In the middle position it blinks on and off. In an emergency just flick the switch to the middle positionm and call 911 and tell dispatch to tell the responding units to go to the house with the blinking light.

In my career as a professional firefighter and Medic, I've gone on too many calls wasting valuable time not being able to find a house.....

Frank

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.