Suggestion Box for TV Developer

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson
Default Re: Suggestion Box for TV Developer

Chuck

My hubs and I went to the Orange Blossom pool about a month ago and were told that yes, we could sit at the Tiki Bar and have a drink while watching the swimmers. However, we could not use the pool without purchasing some kind of membership or something or other.

I asked what would happen if I just "accidently" fell in while walking to or from the bar. He laughed and told me he would probably overlook that. lol

Anyway, we looked around and left.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:27 PM

Chuck
We could not get in Chuck because we did not have a upgraded membership card. The people we were renting from had a regular card and with a standard card you can not get into Orange Blossom CC Pool. Yes, you can use the restaurant and depending on who is on the gate, some will let you sit at the Tiki Bar. This is also true for the other CC pools. It costs $200 a year for a single to upgrade your card

Carlent
Old 07-14-2008, 02:35 PM

PJ
I feel your pain! LOL
I understand it is probably a big deal for you and the repairs etc., I once had a 1952 Frazer with about 300K miles and it had electric windows. Maybe the first one's ever made on cars. They worked just fine and never stopped. maybe you should buy a different brand of car! LOL
On the serious side though.....the shade in the pools are a much bigger issue as it involves a health hazzard and i am with you on this one. However I have a very easy and low cost solution. Just buy a chair umbrella for $10 and clip it to the back of your chair. Problem solved!

Carlent
Old 07-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

My suggestion would be to remove the gates completely. It seems more like a nuisance than anything else. We all know that anyone can get into the gate, so it's not like they are there for security purposes. You can always put speed bumps in the road to slow down the auto traffic. That way if you are in a golf cart you wouldn't have to stop or slow down.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:48 PM

But the speed bumps can't take your picture as you enter! (as the cameras can)

And the speed bumps don't smile and say "Hi, have a good day!" (as the guard person does)

I'd vote to keep the gates & cameras for whatever feeling of safety they add, just wish it was truly gated.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Sage

Bright & Carlent:

Thanks for the info.

Forgot that my mother was paying extra so that her guests could use that Pool.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Sage

RE: OBH pool - Guest pass NO - Preview plan guest YES

The only pool off reach for preview program are the Sport Pools.

RE: Dedicated walking paths - Great idea but - I was there in April which admittedly has fewer people than Jan-Mar and I had no trouble taking a nice walk every day 2 miles from Largo to LSL. Most of that is on sidewalks up Canal St. with no carts since they are on the street. So in a sense there are dedicated walk/run paths south of 466. Canal street has sidewalks for its entire length from just south of LSL at Stillwater to Bonita (just shy of 2 miles in my guesstimate) and I imagine this may continue all the way down Canal to and into the new section south of 466A which would be about 5 miles.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschuler1
My suggestion would be to remove the gates completely. It seems more like a nuisance than anything else. We all know that anyone can get into the gate, so it's not like they are there for security purposes. You can always put speed bumps in the road to slow down the auto traffic. That way if you are in a golf cart you wouldn't have to stop or slow down.
Sam comments occasionally about the dangerous situation at the Bridgeport at Lake Sumter gate. This is caused primarily by the location of the cart path in relation to the gate. If gates were removed at other locations as you suggest, I would expect chaos to ensue in situations like Tall Trees, Sunset Point, Liberty Park, St. Charles Village, and others similarly laid out. Each entrance/exit would soon be replete with memorial crosses dedicated to the golf cart drivers who didn't slow down killed by motorists who weren't intimidated by speed bumps.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 07-15-2008, 04:28 AM

Speed bumps..... my car often scrapes the chassis or the front spoiler scrapes some speed bumps. After replacing a few Corvette parts you would rather not have speedbumps. True, most cars have more ground clearance but speed bumps are a pain in the butt (literally) if you have a motorcycle too. I vote against speed bumps. I would rather take my chances with the power window life than give up the camera security.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:34 AM
Sage

Call me a Pollyanna, but, except for the Post Office situation, I love The Villages just the way they are -- gators and all! :#1:
Old 07-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Veteran member

I agree with you Chelsea. We all moved here because we thought that it was Utopia. With some people, when a few things don't go their way, they immediately want to make all of these changes to what they thought was Utopia. Guess what? It's an over-55 community that has its problems, but the good far outweighs the bad. I, for one, am still enamoured with the place after 2 years. If we know that certain gates are "dangerous" to golf cart drivers, then BE CAREFUL! We golf cart drivers have just as much of a responsibility as auto drivers as we are the ones who are fighting 2000 pounds of metal and will definitely lose.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 AM
Veteran member

Carlent has a good idea for the lack of shade at the community pools....... bring a clip-on umbrella : Ummmmmmmm........ it is an idea I didn't think of, but if I were a resident I'd sure resent having to carry another object, along with my lounge towel, my tote with change of clothes, water, snacks, sunscreen, ETC.

To me, this issue is important because hanging out at the pool would be one of my favorite outdoor activities at TV (I don't play golf or participate in outdoor sports).
Old 07-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Sage

I'm sure the developer didn't know that it was one of YOUR favorite outdoor activities or they would have changed things.

C'mon it's Florida for pete's sake! Wow.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:05 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlent
Chuck
We could not get in Chuck because we did not have a upgraded membership card. The people we were renting from had a regular card and with a standard card you can not get into Orange Blossom CC Pool. Yes, you can use the restaurant and depending on who is on the gate, some will let you sit at the Tiki Bar. This is also true for the other CC pools. It costs $200 a year for a single to upgrade your card

Carlent
That pool requires a priority pass. There is a priority pass for pools only. Same at Hacienda Hills.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

CIB

I have never seen anyone bring a change of clothes to the pool. The pools are located close to our homes and all we do is put on our suits, bring a towel, and toodle to the pool in our golf carts. When we're done swimming, we toodle back. No need for a change of clothes.

As for toting an umbrella...Each pool I've been to has had a portion with a covered area. And, if there is a pool without a covered area that I haven't been to, then you can choose not to go to that one. Umbrellas really aren't needed.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.